Brady Clark DFA'd

Nny

Ye he was. And his splits as a starter(while admittedly small) were extremely decent.

Only concern would be if a 35 year old Brady Clark could cover the Dolphin Stadium CF. But he was above average out there as little as 2 seasons ago so I would suspect he could be at least adequate.

Ye he was. And his splits as a starter(while admittedly small) were extremely decent.

Only concern would be if a 35 year old Brady Clark could cover the Dolphin Stadium CF. But he was above average out there as little as 2 seasons ago so I would suspect he could be at least adequate.

And really, worse case scenrio, he's an upgrade to our bench. Well, maybe...he has sucked as PH this year, haha. But would be good when our guys need days off...and he can hit lefties ok, he could platoon well with Amezaga.

It just depends on how much he'll cost.

I can't think of anyone else who would want him either, so hopefully he'd come decently cheap . Maybe the Mets, but once their guys get healthy he'd be the odd man out.

Clark>Ross>Borchard>Abercrombie

Yeah. Not really. He's probably better than Borchard and Abercrombie, but not Ross, as long as you use him right. Ross kills lefties. He hits lefties better than anyone on our team, and a platoon of him and Fredo in CF would give us above average production out of CF.

Clark is a guy who can talk a walk sometimes, has some speed (but gets caught stealing way too much) and has very little pop in the bat. If we can get him for the league minimum I'm ok with it, but he's not a huge upgrade over anyone on our team right now.

Clark>Ross>Borchard>Abercrombie

Yeah. Not really. He's probably better than Borchard and Abercrombie, but not Ross, as long as you use him right. Ross kills lefties. He hits lefties better than anyone on our team, and a platoon of him and Fredo in CF would give us above average production out of CF.

Clark is a guy who can talk a walk, has some speed (but gets caught stealing way too much) and has very little pop in the bat. If we can get him for the league minimum I'm ok with it, but he's not a huge upgrade over anyone on our team right now.

I agree with you, but didn't Ross encounter a setback during a simulated game the other day? I remember them saying something during one of the games this past weekend. He might be out for awhile, and currently none of the CF options can hit a lefty. If we chose to continue to start Fredo over him in CF against RHP(I think Fredo has done fine since he has taken over the leadoff spot), Clark can atleast platoon against LHP (Doesn't hit them exceedingly well...hits both hands about the same) until Ross gets back. I'd also imagine both would be about the same, production wise, at the plate (Out of fredo and clark against RHP I mean), I'm more interested in which would be better deffensively.

Also, yes Linden is in AAA.

As I said, the sample size is extremely small but shows at least a little bit of promise...

in all the games he has got at least 3 official plate appearances he is hitting .290/.389/.355.

Granted, its only 6 games, but maybe Clark just really isnt cut out for pinch hitting duties.

BTW, this year, Clark is:

vs RHP-.182/.289/.242, vs LHP-.280/.333/.360

I agree he sucks as a PH, but I'd expect his OBP to drop 30-50 points form that.

I would love the organization to give Ross more playing time when he returns. I do not have time to look up his splits but is he that bad against righties?

I like what Cody brings to this team.

In the minors he hit righties ok, atleast for the splits I can find. 2005=.801 OPS RHP/.995 LHP. 2006=.982 OPS RHP/1.121 LHP. But in his major league career, he's only a .600 OPS against RHP (.276 OBP), compared to .985 against LHP. He's hit them better this year (.722 OPS) but that's in limited ABs (33)

I agree he sucks as a PH, but I'd expect his OBP to drop 30-50 points form that.

I would love the organization to give Ross more playing time when he returns. I do not have time to look up his splits but is he that bad against righties?

I like what Cody brings to this team.

In the minors he hit righties ok, atleast for the splits I can find. 2005=.801 OPS RHP/.995 LHP. 2006=.982 OPS RHP/1.121 LHP. But in his major league career, he's only a .600 OPS against RHP (.276 OBP), compared to .985 against LHP. He's hit them better this year (.722 OPS) but that's in limited ABs (33)

Thanks Ensam. :thumbup

The San Diego Union-Tribune is reporting that the Padres will likely sign Brady Clark if the Dodgers are unable to trade him before he becomes a free agent.

Clark was designated for assignment by the Dodgers last week. The Mets and Rockies reportedly also have interest in Clark, but the former University of San Diego star might jump at the opportunity to return to his former hometown.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/padre...13padnotes.html