Welcome to.500

Yessir

Now I can understand how the D-rays gave up 6 runs in the 9th in Toronto this past week to lose....their bullpen is just terrible. I too laugh at anyone who thinks they will be good any time soon. Even for the American League their pitching is just too horrendous for them to be good.

Nice to get the win and get back to .500, huge performances from Hermida, Willingham, Uggla, and Justin Miller. B-K Kim did not look good at all though, do you think he'll come out of the rotation in favor of Anibal Sanchez or Ricky Nolasco when one of them comes off the DL?

i laugh at any "expert" thats says the drays will be good within the next 5 years

I laugh at you.

congrats...and if you see any way that they finish higher than 3rd in their division, which might make them semi close to the playoffs, but probably nothing better than that, please...explain

i laugh at any "expert" thats says the drays will be good within the next 5 years

I laugh at you.

congrats...and if you see any way that they finish higher than 3rd in their division, which might make them semi close to the playoffs, but probably nothing better than that, please...explain

Unlike us, their position of organizational strength has all culminated in a collection of major leaguers, hence tremendous trade value.

They just drafted a college left-hander who led all D-1 schools in strikeouts and should fast-track his way to the majors to be with this Kazmir,Shields rotation while the position players are still affordable en masse.

It's not as if there's no talent, and if you remove Miguel Cabrera from the conversation, there's no consensus "top talent" between the Marlins and DRays. Crawford, Hanley, Young, Kazmir...if anything, their collection of youth makes even me enviable.

Is their bullpen in shambles? Yes.

Is their rotation very empty after Kazmir and Shields? Yes.

But, they have the player resources to get a trade done and talent ready to replace, and they have David Price on the way and Jeff Niemann coming if health cooperates.

They're going to need to spend money to take the leap, but there is unquestionable a blue print for long term success, especially if the Yankees continue to look old and the Red Sox follow suit in 2 years.

drays will be good in a few years...great young lineup...there rotation will be sick with kazmir, shilds, howell and sonnarstein (dont know if that is spelled right)...as we proven this year you can go out and get a bullpen when you are ready to compete...they remind me of the marlins back in 00, 01, and 02

Tswift could not be more one...i didnt even consider price and other prospects in addition to whats developing at the major league level

I laugh at you.

Drays within 7 years will make a world series

feel free to quote me on it

they remind me of the marlins back in 00, 01, and 02

I don't know if I'd go that far. That team was essentially ready to grow together at the major league level as a group. If anything, the Brewers now remind me a lot of those Marlin teams.

The DRays still need to put together a rotation and have to figure out who goes/stays out of Dukes/Upton/Crawford/Baledlli/Young/Iwamura once Longoria forces his way up.

phew that game was a mess...between working 9-5:30, I got to the stadium around 6:30 (drove through some bad rain), sat in the rain until 8:30 (got up for dinner), and then had to sit for a 4 hour game!!!

I'm so beat, and I have to be at work in the morning :(

but I'm going to tomorrow's game too!

btw, WE WANT STOKES WE WANT STOKES!!!

Anyone realize how Craig Minervini always calls out all they players at the enf of the game?? It's obvious Hermida was embarressed about his Shiner, First buy covering it up with eye black, and then standing sideways on the post game interview tonight. Until Minervini tells him not to hurt himself when swinging off the tee. He also called the Hammer out everyday on his 0 RBI's VS lefties.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.