Worst Free agent signings of the past offseason (so far)

JetsMania

We've played a little more than a 1/3 of the season. It's time to take a look at some of the worst signings of this past offseason (obviously this can change over the course of an entire season)

3. Dave Roberts

Signed a 3 year 18 million dollar deal with the Giants. He is batting .216 with 2 homers and 6 rbi. He has only played in 27 games this year and is currently on the DL.

2. Vincente Padilla

Re-signed with the rangers. 3 years 33.75 million dollar deal

He is 2-8 with a 6.45 era!

1. JD Drew

Signed a 5 year 70 million dollar deal with the redsox. He is batting .224 with 2 homers and 17 rbi.

any others?

what game was this from?

and dl drew is always a bad deal. he never plays hard and is very overrated. nobody likes him because of his greedy ways, especially dodger fans. worst signing easily.

honorable mention to jeff weaver, 8 million to a terrible pitcher who has a 15 era and is currently on the dl.

i would say mark redman, but the braves got him for cheap. the rangers are in trouble if they expect redman to save their season. while i'm at it, padilla was terrible too.

barry zito doesn't look like a good deal right now though, but he's starting to turn it around.

Cardinal fans were outraged when they lost Weaver, even though in the regular season for them he sucked.

One of the few players no longer welcome in that town. But Seattle only got him for a 1 year deal as Junior mentioned which sucks just as much for Weaver as it does for the M's, as he wanted to use this year to drive his price up since no one was going to give him 4/40 like Boras was asking for.

Wasn't Weaver only a 1 year deal? That's not that big of a deal.

LMFAO

JD: Go Go Gadget Extendo Glove!

That's not J.D. Drew.

I'm pretty sure it's Fox's boyfriend, OMGabe Kapler.

My mistake. I couldn't really see his number because of the quality of the video, with all the talk of Drew I assumed it was him.

Lugo and Drew are both on my fantasy team....ugh.

Drew started off pretty well, but he's sucked for the three weeks or so.

Yeah, I had Lugo and Drew but dropped Drew .. ugh. Lugo hasn't been that horrible though.

Lugo is batting .217 3 hr and 33rbi

he signed a 4 year 36 million dollar deal.

Thus far it appears the redsox would have been better off buring 100 million dollars than giving it to them.

I meant fantasy-wise since hes 2B eligible - lol

However, he's below average (imo) .. horrible leadoff though .. Coco isn't much better though.

Yeah, I had Lugo and Drew but dropped Drew .. ugh. Lugo hasn't been that horrible though.

Thus far it appears the redsox would have been better off buring 100 million dollars than giving it to them.

Three months into a four year deal? Yeah, horrible .. deal ..... I think I'll wait atleast a year before going that far.

And either way, JD Drew isn't playing much better, and neither is Padilla.

I meant fantasy-wise since hes 2B eligible - lol

However, he's below average (imo) .. horrible leadoff though .. Coco isn't much better though.

Three months into a four year deal? Yeah, horrible .. deal ..... I think I'll wait atleast a year before going that far.

And either way, JD Drew isn't playing much better, and neither is Padilla.

look at the bold

BTW this is kinda funny (I am not against free agency and spending all you want)

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/features/fre...ts?newTeamId=26

You can click on the different teams and see who they signed and how much they spent on FA's this past offseason(including re-signing their own players). This doesnt take account arbritration players.

Cubs: $297,550,000

Giants: $208,530,000

Red sox: $170,850,000 (not including $50 million posting fee)

Yankees: $61,250,000 (not including clemens)

Marlins: $925,000

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.