Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

carjackistan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by carjackistan

  1. Do any of you seriously think Obermueller can pitch this way for an extended period of time? I mean, Mitre has definitely struggled in the majors and I don't know that he'll ever turn the corner, but Obermueller has an even longer record of mediocrity, both in the majors and minors. By the way, all 18 outs Sergio recorded were on groundballs. Not sure I've ever seen that in a box score before. Wish he could do it in the bigs.
  2. I'll bet JJ ends up giving us more production than Nolasco does this year.
  3. I'm more upset about the stranded runners and Anibal's nibbling than the bullpen.
  4. Wow, Coghlan with the power outbreak. A double, two triples and now the homerun in the past four games. Any word on how he's looked defensively at second?
  5. I think (hope?) he'll turn it around soon. Hopefully tonight, but the Braves seem to own him. However, as Shamrock points out this happened last year too. Maybe it's a fluke, or maybe Olsen needs to take his offseason/spring training regimen more seriously.
  6. Any player who hits well and defends poorly is labeled as a primadonna, whether it's true or not.
  7. It's not going to get better until guys get healthy. That's what happens when four of your top seven starters are on the DL. What were people expecting with Hurk? He's a talented guy who hadn't pitched a game above A ball. One decent start and three lousy ones is par for the course, the guy just isn't ready. I'm guessing Gregg will be moved into the rotation. Gaby/Barone/Sanchez aren't ready, and the whole Albuquerque rotation is having problems throwing strikes. Mildren is probably next in line to get a shot if our rotation woes continue. Or who knows, they may call on Volstad next.
  8. Questionable whether he's even an upgrade over Reed. Pass.
  9. Gardner would most likely make it through waivers IMO. The idea of going with 13 pitchers doesn't really appeal to me, no matter how bad our bench players are. Though I wonder if there will be some temptation to send Pinto down instead. A nice problem to have, regardless, and one very few people would have anticipated a month ago.
  10. I don't want to judge anyone on 90 at-bats, but he hit like garbage in short-season ball last year, along with a 4:17 BB/K which is pretty disappointing for a college player. Hopefully the scouts are right and he just needs to make the transition to wood, but it's a little early to have big expectations for this kid.
  11. Slightly underrated. This offseason hasn't been good, but I don't think it's been a total disaster considering the financial limitations he works under. I would like to see a trade for SOME kind of outfielder. It's not just CF that is a problem, we have no depth out there. The Brewers have six outfielders that are better than De Aza or Borchard.
  12. Before the end of the year, Mitre is either taking Anibal's spot or they'll go to a six-man rotation. Anibal's peripheral numbers aren't very good and the ERA is beginning to reflect that. I don't want Anibal pitching too many innings anyhow. If he stays in a five man rotation the rest of the season, he'll end up close to 200 innings for the year. Also, I think the Marlins would like to get another look at Mitre as a starter before the end of the year. He may very well end up in the bullpen next year, but the Marlins don't have a lot of information to base that decision on right now.
  13. Not only is Hanley a lousy bunter, but Wagner was reeling at that point. Blows last night's game, gives up a hit, then hits a frigging pitcher...and Girardi gives him a free out. Even if Hanley had gotten the bunt down, I would've hated the decision.
  14. Olsen would be my slight favorite to have the best season next year. He's really come on as of late, and as others have mentioned he really has that bulldog mentality going for him. Hopefully his shoulder can handle the workload. If and when we're out of the wildcard chase, I hope all of our starters see fewer innings, giving our September callups some work. Josh will be a great workhorse for us when he gets a little more experience and starts producing outs with fewer pitches. He's a big dude and doesn't seem to tire in the later innings as Olsen and especially Nolasco have. He could turn into an ace down the line but is more likely to be a good, very dependable #2 guy in the rotation. I remember in spring training, there was an article (ESPN Magazine?) where several Marlins hitters were asked which young Marlins pitcher had the best pure stuff, and all of them said Nolasco. He certainly has a lot of potential and isn't bad right now. I'd like to see Nolasco work on his conditioning. D-Train has always been an excellent athlete, and Josh and Scott have improved their fitness over the last couple years...Ricky should follow their lead. Right now he's gassed at around the 90-100 pitch mark, despite being older and logging more minor league innings than Johnson/Olsen. Don't get me wrong though, he's quite a talent, and I think he'll have a break out year...in 2008.
  15. Well, let's not forget that the FSL is at least as kind to pitchers as Sally is to hitters. Doesn't excuse the weak hitting by some of our "prospects" that have been there all year, but I hope no one is freaking out over a handful of ABs by Gaby, coming off an injury and playing in a new, much tougher environment.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.