Wasted chances

Hammerhead

disappointing loss yes but im gonna stay positive here solely because of Wednesday's huge walkoff...if we hadnt done that and had just lost 3 straight I'd complain more...but thats not the case...so I need to say yes we wasted our chances but we definitely stayed in the game and really only the ninth was a total disaster...this is a simple case of the Phillies being, in Rich Waltz's words, just one run better...go get em tomorrow and thats that...

Any news on Cabs? Before tonight's game, I read somewhere that the team trainer said he can't injure himself further by playing, and Fredi mentioned he should be 100% in a week or so. I sure do hope his pain tonight was a temporary thing, and that he hasn't aggravated his oblique.

It's just 2 solo homer. It could happen anytime in small park.

But, Look at the comparison 1-2 hitters and 3-4 hitters

Hanley & Uggla had 1-for-10 with 5K.

Miggy & Jake had 6-for-9 with 1BB 2K.

1-2 hitters didn't make the job.

There's lots of reasons we lost this game, but I pointed out 1-2 hitters problem.

could have easily added a couple more runs to pad up the lead in the late innings. was tough to give up those 2 HR in the 8th inning.

You hit the nail on the head.

This game was lost in the middle innings when TWICE the runner on 2B did not score on a ball hit to the outfield. I think everyone on this board knew that 4 or 5 runs wasnt going to secure a victory @ Citizens.

On a positive note, Olivo stepped up big again with a key hit.

There are a few things I am sick of...

-Our starters not being able to pitch atleast 6 innings

-Trying to over swing in certain situations and striking out

-Walks Walks Walks

-Not being able to add on some runs

But I did like....

Jacobs - He looked amazing last night. (Forgot to add)... From what I remember Jake had a hit to CF, LF, RC, and RF. Great to see him hit the ball to different parts of the field. Too bad there was nobody on base when he came to bat. If Uggla or Hanley got on (Atleast 2x) this game probably would have been won by us.

could have easily added a couple more runs to pad up the lead in the late innings. was tough to give up those 2 HR in the 8th inning.

You hit the nail on the head.

This game was lost in the middle innings when TWICE the runner on 2B did not score on a ball hit to the outfield. I think everyone on this board knew that 4 or 5 runs wasnt going to secure a victory @ Citizens.

On a positive note, Olivo stepped up big again with a key hit.

Deffinately, Olivo or Ross with the bases loaded looks good for us :) But I think it was Hammer that hit the ball up the middle when Cabrera was on base and he couldnt score. I think he would have scored if his torso wasnt hurting him.

Anibal pulled a Ricky Nolasco last night, he couldn't throw the fastball for strikes but when it came time to throw the curveball he could have thrown it through a thimble.

I'd like to see how many times in baseball history a team has struck out 15 times while getting 15 hits. I cannot wait until strike out machines like Borchard and Ross are out of the line up for De Aza and Hermida.