Sergio Mitre

guys i know that some of you might not like him but i think u gotta give him a chance. he has excellent stuff and i think that when he comes back he should start. all of his pitches have probably the best movement on the staff. six man rotation when mitre gets back?

I dont know if he should start necessarily, but i do think he can help this team. A 6 man rotation isnt a bad idea either to give the young arms more time to recuperate after starts

we will not have a 6 man rotation. it will be an adjustment the pitchers will have to make. they'll need to learn how to pitch 200 innings. In the minors, the season's shorter (right?) so they don't pitch as much. This will be part of the learning process for them to become a MLB pitcher.

How dare he aspire to be a major league pitcher! He gets no chances, none at all! Off with his head!

YA!!

guys i know that some of you might not like him but i think u gotta give him a chance. he has excellent stuff and i think that when he comes back he should start. all of his pitches have probably the best movement on the staff. six man rotation when mitre gets back?

I dont know if he should start necessarily, but i do think he can help this team. A 6 man rotation isnt a bad idea either to give the young arms more time to recuperate after starts

6 man rotation...Thats crazY!

Why not a 7 or an 8 man rotation...Jeez!

Before the end of the year, Mitre is either taking Anibal's spot or they'll go to a six-man rotation. Anibal's peripheral numbers aren't very good and the ERA is beginning to reflect that.

I don't want Anibal pitching too many innings anyhow. If he stays in a five man rotation the rest of the season, he'll end up close to 200 innings for the year.

Also, I think the Marlins would like to get another look at Mitre as a starter before the end of the year. He may very well end up in the bullpen next year, but the Marlins don't have a lot of information to base that decision on right now.

Last I read was about a month before he comes back. And right now Girardi is talking probable 6 man rotation with Moe. In a way. When the kids get tired he gets spot starts. I haven't figured out they will utilize Mitre tho. But sticking with a 5 man rotation and just letting the kids pitch so the can get used to a longer season is insane. Unless you have stock in that doctor that does all the Tommy John surgery.

?????? The 6 man rotation idea has been thrown around quite a bit by analysts and sports writers, it isnt that outrageous of an idea

?????? The 6 man rotation idea has been thrown around quite a bit by analysts and sports writers, it isnt that outrageous of an idea

Didn't we do that last year?

Hey what about some clubs shoot for a 4 men rotation, does it sound like a good idea for clubs to do in the final month before the playoff when they are borderline on making it?

The problem with expanding the rotation is the same as having your closer sitting on the bench for days at a time, simply pitchers lose their sharpness.

What you'll probably see instead, and this is just my guess, is Mitre and Moehler spotting guys a game here and there, with the kids throwing 40-50 pitch simulated games on the sidelines on their regular work days.

Didn't we do that last year?

Hey what about some clubs shoot for a 4 men rotation, does it sound like a good idea for clubs to do in the final month before the playoff when they are borderline on making it?

I dont understand youre question and ur logic behind it. My response was to eddie who made the 6 man seem like an outrageous idea. I'm not syaing its a good idea at all, but it is very real and viable.

I would have him around as a long-reliever for awhile. With guys like Nolasco, you never know when he's going to have a bad game and get pulled in the 3rd or 4th. When that happens, you need a guy like Mitre to keep you in the game. Vargas previously filled this role, which now belongs to Pinto.

Send his A$$ to the pen he SUX!!!!! :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown