Everything posted by trahernsfriend
-
3/5 - Cardinals @ Marlins - 7:05 PM
I wonder why MLB.com doesn't link the gameday if it's available.... have we discussed that? ugh, talk about the wrong time to get a blister on your pitching thumb. I think Dallas has just guaranteed his place in AAA
-
*The Trade* - thoughts a few months later...
go to marlins website, go to roster, click on andrew miller. below and to the right are four or five video highlights. the second or third is against the red sox. they are all illustrative. For those worried about Dallas Trahern's 2nd inning and his "control issues", let me give you a little insight that hasnt been reported. On the 2nd pitch Dallas threw in the 2nd inning, a blister he had on his thumb split open and started bleeding. So basically the threw the entire 2nd inning with an open blister on his pitching thumb. He is trying to get it healed before he pitches tomorrow against the Cards. He told me today that the trainers are trying to get the stuff that Josh Beckett used on his blisters. Why would he continue pitching after that happened? I'm not an expert on blisters but wouldn't that make it worse? Dallas is a gamer. He knows how much is at stake. Also, I think once it splits open it cant get much worse. He believes in his heart that he has a chance to be a part of the rotation out of Spring Training. His first inning went great, he just tried to pitch through it because as a non roster invite, he needs to impress early to continue to get looks. He will pitch tomorrow against the Cards.
-
*The Trade* - thoughts a few months later...
go to marlins website, go to roster, click on andrew miller. below and to the right are four or five video highlights. the second or third is against the red sox. they are all illustrative. For those worried about Dallas Trahern's 2nd inning and his "control issues", let me give you a little insight that hasnt been reported. On the 2nd pitch Dallas threw in the 2nd inning, a blister he had on his thumb split open and started bleeding. So basically the threw the entire 2nd inning with an open blister on his pitching thumb. He is trying to get it healed before he pitches tomorrow against the Cards. He told me today that the trainers are trying to get the stuff that Josh Beckett used on his blisters.
-
Any Idea???
Who the scheduled starters are for the next weeks games?
-
3/1 - Cardinals @ Marlins - 1:05 PM
2-2 tie game!!!!!!!!! Yes!
-
3/1 - Cardinals @ Marlins - 1:05 PM
$14.95 for the entire season, it's a steal. Hey Guys, I was at my daughters soccer game. I know Dallas gave up two but could you tell how he did? I know a lot of times listening to radio guys you can get a better idea of how a guy pitched than just reading a box score. How many hits did Dallas give up? were they solid hits or just bloopers or bleeders? Thanks By the way, Dallas' throws more sinkers than Sliders. He used to throw more sliders when he first started in the minors but the Tigers started to get him to throw more sinkers.
-
3/1 - Cardinals @ Marlins - 1:05 PM
$14.95 for the entire season, it's a steal. Hey Guys, I was at my daughters soccer game. I know Dallas gave up two but could you tell how he did? I know a lot of times listening to radio guys you can get a better idea of how a guy pitched than just reading a box score. How many hits did Dallas give up? were they solid hits or just bloopers or bleeders? Thanks
-
Injuries- Mitre, McPherson
In all honesty, while I'm not happy about any injury, I'm glad it was them and not some of our more important players. MLB.com says it was just tightness. Hopefully, it is something like he just didnt stretch his arm out enough and they will warm him up more before he throws. Mitre is one of my favorite Marlins just because of the way he looks. His hair, his gotee, if I were a batter I would be very nervous about digging in. Here is hoping he is back in 5 days throwing again
-
2/26 - Hurricanes @ Marlins - 3:05 PM
Miggy already went yard vs FLA Southern College I miss him already. Thanks for the updates.
-
MLB.com report on first scrimmage
http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/articl...sp&c_id=fla If any of you are going to be at the game vs. the Cardinals on Saturday, let me know how Dallas does. He faced four batters yesterday in the scrimmage, getting 2 K's and 2 groundouts. I know it is early and that the pitching is always ahead of the hitting at this time of the year so Ill be interested to see how he does Saturday against the Cards.
-
A Tradition Like No Other - SoFlaFish's 2nd Annual Spring Roadtrip
I know it's a geeky question, but what type of camera did you use. Those are great pictures! I have a Canon PowerShot S3 IS Thanks for the picture of Dallas! If you happen to get one of him pitching Id love to see it.
-
Marlins favor for when i'm in Afghanistan
When I say newspaper clippings I don't mean straight out of the Herald or anything, even just printing the recaps off miamiherald.com or something is cool as well. Accord, My prayers will be with you. Be safe!
-
Sickels Top 20 Marlins
So what players does Sickels currently have rated an A ? Jay Bruce, Johnny Cueto, Joey Votto, Clay Buchholz, Jacoby Ellsbury, Jed Lowrie and Cameron Maybin (so far). If you gave me a choice between Clay+Ellsbury or Maybin+Miller for Cabrera, I'd take the Red Sox package in an instant. I don't know about all that... Wow and I thought the Tigers Scout didnt have any respect for Trahern.
-
Rankings of Prospects Traded
The best website that I have found on Tigers baseball was the Scout.com site. They decided to go ahead and write prospect reports on the guys who were traded to the Marlins. I was told I cant post the reports on this site, but I hope it is ok to post their rankings as far as the Tigers organization. #1 Cameron Maybin #5 Dallas Trahern #8 Eulogio Delacruz #17 Burke Badenhop
-
Whos gonna be in our rotation?
It doesn't even have a first name, it just says McLovin! For some reason I found that funny. Miller for sure. Trahern very strong chance despite what people say on here I understand that you are his friend, but you seem to know a lot more, understandibly, about Dallas, than you do about the Marlins current situation. It is tough to say somebody has a very strong chance to be in the rotation on opening day when you dont know much about the organization he is a part of. Easy and fair to speak of that player, but not the organization. One you know, the other you dont. While I am Dallas' friend I am also a lifelong Braves fan. I know a lot about the Marlins. But we shall see. He does have to prove it in Spring Training.
-
Whos gonna be in our rotation?
It doesn't even have a first name, it just says McLovin! For some reason I found that funny. Miller for sure. Trahern very strong chance despite what people say on here
-
Next spring
Just to make sure Im reading this right. You think Trahern will start at AA and then possibly move up to AAA as the season goes on? Wow. If that is true I assume that means you dont think he will get an invite to Major League Spring Training right? He'll get a spring training invite, the Marlins brought up Volstad/Thompson/West/Tucker/Sinkbeil/Marceaux for spring training last year when they were all in low A, but at the same time, none of them had a realistic shot at making the club. I think Trahern would have to blow up (in a good way) spring training for him to be considered as the 5th starter or in the bullpen mix. I think you all will be pleasantly surprised by Dallas. I would be shocked if he starts below AAA.
-
Tigers Reportedly Talking To Mets
About trading Willis
-
Next spring
Can you tell me about the arms you think are in front of him. I was looking at the ERA of the Marlins starters and they were very high. I think most would argue that the National league is known for pitching, and the American League is known for hitting. A quick run down of our important (at least to me) pitchers by level. This is everyone on our 40 man, new additions, and some of the extras. MLB Starters - A. Miller, Olsen, Anibal (out beginning 08), Johnson (out till 09), Mitre (he is expendable and will be looked over when someone bumps him) MLB Starters/Relievers - Nolasco, Vanden Hurk (Could start, could be plus pen arms. Good arguments for either) MLB Relievers - Gregg (probably be moved soon), Lindstrom, Owens (out beginning 08), Tankeresly, Pinto, Kensing, J. Miller, and Gardner (both older, will be looked over when kids ready) AAA Starters - G. Hernandez, J. Delgado, Barone, Seddon, Carvajal (later three organizational types, will be looked over if kids are ready. Delgado is meh. Probably a RP.) AAA Relievers - Cruz, H. Garcia, Wolf, Nestor (only Cruz is a premier talent) AA Starters - Volstad, Trahern, Thompson, Tucker, Sinkbeil, Badenhop (Thompson/Tucker/Sinkbeil are all young, first round talent arms. Same or better upside as Trahern). AA Relievers - C. Martinez, Doolitte, Marceaux A+/A Starters - West (out beginning 08), Taylor, Winters, H. Correa (West is a top prospect, other ones not much yet) I bolded all the guys I think will have shots in the rotation before Trahern. You're probably familiar with the MLB ones, but the other two. G. Hernandez we got from the Mets in the post 05 trades, and is one of our better arms. He's always been young for his level and holds his own. He probably has the same # 3 starter projection as Trahern. As for Volstad, he's the stud of the system. The numbers might not show it yet, as in a lower K rate and skeptical hit rate, but he has three plus pitches, has excellent control, and induces silly amounts of ground balls. Long term, he'll probably slot behind Miller as our 1-2. I suspect the start of 08 will be (Gregg moved before the year) SP - A. Miller, Olsen, Mitre, Nolasco, Vanden Hurk RP - Lindstrom, Pinto, Tank, Kensing, Cruz, J. Miller, Gardner By the end of the year SP - A. Miller, Olsen, Anibal, Volstad, G. Hernandez RP - Lindstrom, Owens, Nolasco, Vanden Hurk, Cruz, Tank, Pinto (This is a ridiculous collection of power arms). Then you lop in Johnson, see what's going on with Kensing, C. Mart, H. Garcia and the rest of the pen arms, and see if Thompson/Tucker/Sinkbeil don't jump him on the depth chart with breakout 2008 campaigns... Trahern has got his work cut out for him to fight all of the names. Everyone from the AA starters and up throws really hard and is nasty. I would let him split AA (needs to improve that 1.40 whip) and AAA for 2008, and then see if he can win a spot in the bloodbath that will be spring training 2009. No one is going anywhere. Besides for Mitre (and Gregg), the Marlins have all of these players rights for minimum 4 years. Just to make sure Im reading this right. You think Trahern will start at AA and then possibly move up to AAA as the season goes on? Wow. If that is true I assume that means you dont think he will get an invite to Major League Spring Training right?
-
Next spring
obviously depends on if Cruz goes back to starting, and Trahern won't be ready I think our 5, in no order is RVH, Miller, Olsen, Nolasco, Mitre If Nolasco goes to the pen, I think Gaby wins the job Just curious why you say Trahern wont be ready. Out of all the minor leaguers available, he was chosen to pitch and start for Team USA this offseason. This is after he had already been chosen for the AFL, which by most accounts is for those players who are closest to the Major leagues. I know this, Dallas is going to do his best to earn a spot in the Marlins rotation. He's young, and has a whole bunch of arms ahead of him... prob needs another year Thanks for responding. I was just curious. I think he will surprise you though. Do you see him at AAA? Can you tell me about the arms you think are in front of him. I was looking at the ERA of the Marlins starters and they were very high. I think most would argue that the National league is known for pitching, and the American League is known for hitting.
-
Next spring
Is RVH pitching in the winter leagues anywhere? All that kid needs is control and he'll be a solid 2-3, maybe even a lower tier 1. Nah, no winter ball for RVH. He could be a solid 2 or 3 in a couple years. I don't know about an ace, but he might have to be this year. His control will come with a couple years with of ML innings. I love watching that hammercurve. Bucklin, That is a sweet picture of Dallas. His dad has two of those cards.
-
Next spring
obviously depends on if Cruz goes back to starting, and Trahern won't be ready I think our 5, in no order is RVH, Miller, Olsen, Nolasco, Mitre If Nolasco goes to the pen, I think Gaby wins the job Just curious why you say Trahern wont be ready. Out of all the minor leaguers available, he was chosen to pitch and start for Team USA this offseason. This is after he had already been chosen for the AFL, which by most accounts is for those players who are closest to the Major leagues. I know this, Dallas is going to do his best to earn a spot in the Marlins rotation.