Everything posted by trahernsfriend
-
Miller may not be ready to start the season
I am not concerned at all. It is a slight possibility that Millers knee isn't quite ready, then you have several options already on the 40 man roster. Hopper...RVH...Dan Meyer has done qite a bit of spot starting. You can even throw Dallas Trahern out there to see what he can do. We also still have Barone who pitched ok with the parent club. There are quite a few arms to go to, quality arms. Since someone else brought him up I will chime in. First, I know that I am biased but I really do think this could be Dallas' breakout year. For those who dont know he pitched with a bad thumb the entire season last year. Pretty much he had an open sore on the insie of his thumb and every time he threw it would just open back up. He has figured out what the issue was and it will no longer be an issue. I think you will see the Dallas Trahern that the Tigers traded for last year.
-
Four Added to 40-Man Roster
[This basically says, we could lose Chris Mobley, Jacob Marceaux, Gregg Burns, or Jeff Allison. No one else is really a prospect not protected on the 40 man, or to young to qualify. Depending on when Doolittle signed, which I cannot figure out, he may be added to this list. He didn't play in 2006 (injured), but he could fall into the 19+ exception to the Rule V draft. I would lean yes that we signed him out of College and he was hurt so he's probably available. Just trying to be thorough. Completely off topic on this one. But being somewhat of a history buff, I have to wonder if he is related to the famous WW II Doolittle. I talked to Dallas last night and my understanding from what he said was that they had to either put him on the 40 man roster this year OR the AAA roster. I didnt get the impression that they had to put him on the 40 man but I might have misunderstood.
-
The 2008-09 Offseason Moves
I did edit the post and added those players, including Rhodes, as I'm not expecting Rhodes to re-sign with the Marlins, at all. Unfortunetly, neither am I.
-
Payroll or Chemistry
I am sure Trahernsfriend is all broken up about the Jacobs trade. I mean, chemistry! With Jacobs traded, everything is chaos. Where is the team chemistry?!? With the players in mourning all season with the loss of Jake, how can we win even one game?!?!?!? lol. Actually I just posted the question because I was watching the series. Didnt know I was going to open up such a debate. To me the Red Sox are a perfect example of why chemistry is important. Remember a few years ago when they were all hugging and getting along? They won championships. This year there is an obvious lack of chemistry (see Manny) and they dont win it. Just my opinon FWIW.
-
Payroll or Chemistry
I see several who are excited about the money that the Marlins are planning on spending. It got me to thinking which is more important payroll or chemsitry. There are good examples of team chemistry this year. You have the Yankees and their huge payroll sitting at home, while the Rays and their low payroll playing in the World Series.
-
Out of Albuquerque - AAA Now in New Orleans
I am kind of new...Where was the AAA team before Albuquerque? Edmonton Trappers PCL Technically, it was Calgary, who then moved to Albuquerque. AWESOME news. That will definitely help the pitchers.
-
Out of Albuquerque - AAA Now in New Orleans
The players love the city and the coaching staff. Obviously the hitters like playing there a bit more than the pitchers do but they enjoy the atmosphere as a whole. Dallas loved the city. Said that the fans were amazing. He said the park was packed every night. Loved looking at the mountains didnt love the mountain air so much (from a pitching standpoint)
-
Out of Albuquerque - AAA Now in New Orleans
Arent the Cardinals considering moving from Memphis? Either way it doesn't matter, as we dont use AAA as a development level. It is where we send our scraps. wow so a 22 year old is now a scrap? Go ahead and do Dallas a favor then and trade him to the Braves and let them deal with your scraps. For those who care about a scraps opinion Dallas said he'd love to pitch in New Orleans it is a great pitchers park. Of course he is just a scrap so what does his opinion matter. :banghead
-
Out of Albuquerque - AAA Now in New Orleans
Dallas and I talked about this yesterday at lunch. He said he thinks that Albuquerque wants the Dodgers back. He heard a rumor that New Orleans might also be a possiblity but he said he really didnt know.
-
Comparisons
Dallas Trahern= Brandon Webb I know he's your buddy and all but, really? I mean, seriously? Actually....yes. I have been told by at least 10 Scouts and 2 or 3 MLB people that exact thing. Here is what you may not realize. Dallas has thrown the entire season with a bad thumb on his pitching hand. He had a procedure done on it in Spring Training and it didnt work. He will have the same procedure, most likely by someone else, as soon as the season is over.
-
Arizona Fall League Rosters Revealed
Dallas (Trahern) was going to go but then it was mutually decided he would go ahead and have the "procedure" (same one from Spring Training) on his pitching thumb as soon as the season is over so he can be ready for Spring Training.
-
Comparisons
Dallas Trahern= Brandon Webb
- Weekend Roundup plus Thursday 8/21-8/24/08
-
Minor League Brawl!
My understanding is he is being arraigned today on a charge of felony assult.
-
Come Back Kids!
Isotopes rally TWICE...and Again! For those who havent been watching the Isotopes the last week here is a recap.... Game 1 vs. Sacramento (conclusion of rain suspended game) Down 7-2 going into the bottom of 3 Down 10-5 going into the bottom of 4 Down 13-12 going into the bottom of 8 they score 3 to win 16-13 Game 3 (tonight) vs. Sacramento Down 5-0 going into the bottom of 2 Down 6-2 going into the bottom of 5 Take lead 7-6 in the bottom of 7 Sacramento ties it in the top of 8 Go to extra innings... Sacramento takes the lead 8-7 in top of 10th.... Isotopes hit back to back HR (first two batters) to win 9-8
-
Minor League Brawl!
I just saw on ESPN there was a huge brawl between a couple of minor league baseball teams. :blink: Not Cool. Did you see the pitcher throw the ball? The brawl starts and he throws it at the opponents dugout. It went high and hit a fan. he should be suspended for the remainder of the season.
-
Trade Rumors
GM's not Managers make the deals. ok.
-
McPherson is back, literally
He hit #35 tonight. That is three straight games
-
Trade Rumors
Cox knows that the braves are done. Fredi worked for Bobby. Cox knows he can get some prospects back. Look at their pitchers...Glavine (Old) Smoltz (most likely done) Hampton (if he ever gets back he wont be around long) I am a lifelong Braves fan. I am here because of Dallas (Trahern) I could see a scenario where the Braves trade Mark Tex for a few prospects. There is no reason Cox couldnt go back out and get Tex next year in the free agent market.
-
Weird year
My boy Dallas Trahern has had a weird year. Minor procedure on pitching thumb during Spring Training and now he gets an ingrown hair around his ankle and it gets infected and causes his ankle to swell up so big they put him on the DL for a few days. Oh well. We've all had those kind of years.
-
Trade Rumors
Dont be surprised at a Marlins Braves deal!
-
Dallas McPherson
I swear, as soon as he's up here a month- and hits .250 with about 3 hr's i'm buying his jersey. And if he gets a double digit number- i'll get it in road and home. Chris Dallas didnt start the second game of the doubleheader. Probably a smart move. So he will try to break the record tomorrow against the Cubs.
-
Dallas McPherson
I realize that he is in AAA but he just hit a HR for the 7th straight game. That ties the PCL record.
-
Futures Game Roster Announced
Possibly missing a month too, isn't the U.S. Roster pretty much going to be used for the Olympics? Very doubtful regarding using that roster as the olympic roster. I dont think very may of those players were on the roster of the World Cup of Baseball last summer. The roster wont be finalize until July 16th. Now, some of those players could possibly use this as an opportunity to get a look as Davy Johnson is going to manage the US futures team. Im sure he is using it as an opportunity to see some of these guys. Dallas Trahern was supposed to be on the Olympic roster before he was traded and ended up in the launching pad known as "The Lab." I asked him about it last week and he said he doesnt think he is going now.
-
6/19/08 Daily Roundup
Dallas got his first RBI as a professional. This is his first year of batting since signing out of high school. I havent talked to him today but from listening to the broadcast it sounded like Dallas was effectively wild. He hit two batters, walked three but only gave up four hits, three of which were to the first three batters of the game. Dallas settled down and retired 10 in a row at one point. He started the 6th by walking the leadoff batter and getting behind the 3 hole (2nd batter of the inning) and gave up the 2 run HR. On a side note his former roommate at AA Erie is in the big for Detroit and is 1-0.