Everything posted by Fishy
-
For what it's worth.....
I have a pretty reliable friend who works security for he Nats bullpen and become fairly good friends with several of the pitchers over the past few years and he has, in the past, told me about one other player move before it was announced. The Louis Ayala trade to the Mets to be exact. Well he called me with a nugget a few minutes ago and said that the Marlins have signed Jesus Colome. Like I said, I havent even seen where we were interested in him but since he has proven to have been right in the past, I am about 60/40% believing that this may be true. Stay tuned for some sort of announcement but please don't slam me about this if it isnt true. "The Marlins reportedly also have interest in right-hander Jesus Colome, formerly with the Nationals." http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...8&fext=.jsp
-
Manny in Florida?
Didn't we make a play for him a few years ago? If I remember correctly, Loria really likes him. Which scares me. I don't think he's the guy you want influencing a young team. Do you honestly think he could influence any player in a negative way? How? Your probably right. It's just the whole Manny being Manny thing. I don't really want Hanley watching this guy loafing around in left. HR already seems to lack focus in the field at times. I'm not saying that he'll do as Manny does, but it can't help.
-
Manny in Florida?
Didn't we make a play for him a few years ago? If I remember correctly, Loria really likes him. Which scares me. I don't think he's the guy you want influencing a young team.
-
Trade Rumors
Jayson Stark's chat: http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=21639 Moses (Miami): Are the Marlins going to make any moves (buying or selling) Jayson Stark: They're buying all the way. But I'm hearing the only position they're looking at right now is bullpen. They've been all over Brian Fuentes and George Sherrill. I'm dubious that Sherrill will get traded. But I wouldn't bet against the Marlins in the Fuentes sweepstakes. I think there's a potential match there. And those two teams have been swapping names -- which seems to indicate they're at a different level than some of the other clubs in on Fuentes.
-
Marlins in pursuit of Fuentes
Will Carrol of Baseball Prospectus: "The Marlins certainly have the payroll room to be buyers, but they seem more focused on the small fish. They'd like to get a closer and Brian Fuentes is at the top of their list. The Rockies closer is available and seems likely to go before the deadline. Several other teams are in on this, but two sources have told me that the Marlins are very aggressively pursuing a deal." http://www.baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=955
-
Marlins showcasing Jesus Delgado
Have to be a Baseball Prospectus subscriber to read the article by John Perrotto. I read about it here: http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/
-
Marlins interested in Willy Taveras?
Taveras is someone you can buy low on. I would rather have him on my bench than Andino. Taveras:http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/stats/indi...&statType=1 Andino: http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/stats/indiv...&statType=1 i wouldnt andino is better defensivly and has started to shag fly balls in center Taveras stats are better because he has had more abs Which statistic is the best indicator of defensive success? I honestly don't know. I generally base my opinion on things written by people with a much better understanding of "numbers" than myself. And I've always read that Taveras is a solid defensive CF with a strong arm. I like Andino, but I feel better having Taveras backup center than a guy learning the position. Amazing becomes your fulltime utility IF. And having Taveras/Ross makes you OF very flexible. You also add a guy to your bench that is excellent at swipping bags. A nice luxury if you can get it. JMO. Ross is better at bat. Ross is better in the field. Ross is probably even more fun at parties. Since Taveras is from the DR, he's at least 2 years older than Ross. The team has 6 players that can play OF. When did I compare Taveras to Ross?
-
Marlins interested in Willy Taveras?
Taveras is someone you can buy low on. I would rather have him on my bench than Andino. Taveras:http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/stats/indi...&statType=1 Andino: http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/stats/indiv...&statType=1 i wouldnt andino is better defensivly and has started to shag fly balls in center Taveras stats are better because he has had more abs Which statistic is the best indicator of defensive success? I honestly don't know. I generally base my opinion on things written by people with a much better understanding of "numbers" than myself. And I've always read that Taveras is a solid defensive CF with a strong arm. I like Andino, but I feel better having Taveras backup center than a guy learning the position. Amazing becomes your fulltime utility IF. And having Taveras/Ross makes you OF very flexible. You also add a guy to your bench that is excellent at swipping bags. A nice luxury if you can get it. JMO.
-
Marlins interested in Willy Taveras?
Taveras is someone you can buy low on. I would rather have him on my bench than Andino. Taveras:http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/stats/indi...&statType=1 Andino: http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/stats/indiv...&statType=1
-
A trade for a CF/C on the same team?
Any chance the 'Lins are looking to move Cody to right and part ways with Hermida. As stated many times, none of the CF's mentioned seem to be improvements over Ross. BTW, Rosenthal is reporting that we're now looking at Kenny Lofton. http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-US&...65-c98574e20867 Seems extremely doubtful to me. Selling Hermida now would be selling for less than pennies on the dollar. There have been several rumors surrounding Hammer though, and considering his injury problems and defense, but still high value from his good offense, he likely would be the best chip to trade. Atleast one of the three likely won't be here next year considering all three are arbitration eligible, possibly even two gone. Considering Hammer's back, selling on him would probably be the best option, and then you would have a competition of Raynor and Cody next year competiting for LF (Or if Maybin still isn't ready, Raynor in center/cody in LF). All good points. Would hate to lose Hammer's bat.
-
A trade for a CF/C on the same team?
Cody's also been playing real nice defense. why why why are we looking for a cfer Any chance the 'Lins are looking to move Cody to right and part ways with Hermida. As stated many times, none of the CF's mentioned seem to be improvements over Ross. BTW, Rosenthal is reporting that we're now looking at Kenny Lofton. http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-US&...65-c98574e20867