Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

For what it's worth.....

Featured Replies

I have a pretty reliable friend who works security for he Nats bullpen and become fairly good friends with several of the pitchers over the past few years and he has, in the past, told me about one other player move before it was announced. The Louis Ayala trade to the Mets to be exact. Well he called me with a nugget a few minutes ago and said that the Marlins have signed Jesus Colome. Like I said, I havent even seen where we were interested in him but since he has proven to have been right in the past, I am about 60/40% believing that this may be true. Stay tuned for some sort of announcement but please don't slam me about this if it isnt true.

If its true i like it....the guy has a great arm....

Can start or relief pitch...

 

Guy went 2-2 with a 4.31era

ehhhhh

 

maybe to try out in spring training? a minor league contract?

 

 

I think this board has a habit of assuming that we might able to get guys, like Pavano, for example, on minor league deals. There are teams more desperate than the fish and willing to gamble on a ML deal a lot more often than we think/hope, IMO.

ehhhhh

 

maybe to try out in spring training? a minor league contract?

 

 

I think this board has a habit of assuming that we might able to get guys, like Pavano, for example, on minor league deals. There are teams more desperate than the fish and willing to gamble on a ML deal a lot more often than we think/hope, IMO.

 

It's not that I believe/want ... etc that... I just don't want to spend "precious" money that couldn't be spent on a Joe Nelson on someone like Jesus Colome... especially when we have as many good, young arms as we do

Actually, if memory serves Beinfest has always had a thing for Colome, back to his days in Tampa. I wouldn't be opposed to this at all.

ehhhhh

 

maybe to try out in spring training? a minor league contract?

 

 

I think this board has a habit of assuming that we might able to get guys, like Pavano, for example, on minor league deals. There are teams more desperate than the fish and willing to gamble on a ML deal a lot more often than we think/hope, IMO.

 

It's not that I believe/want ... etc that... I just don't want to spend "precious" money that couldn't be spent on a Joe Nelson on someone like Jesus Colome... especially when we have as many good, young arms as we do

 

Fair enough :cool

And......agreed.

What is Colume expected to command in the open market?

ehhhhh

 

maybe to try out in spring training? a minor league contract?

 

 

I think this board has a habit of assuming that we might able to get guys, like Pavano, for example, on minor league deals. There are teams more desperate than the fish and willing to gamble on a ML deal a lot more often than we think/hope, IMO.

 

It's not that I believe/want ... etc that... I just don't want to spend "precious" money that couldn't be spent on a Joe Nelson on someone like Jesus Colome... especially when we have as many good, young arms as we do

Exactly. If we pass on an effective Nelson around 800k, then signing a mediocre Colome for any more than peanuts wouldn;t make sense. Going with a mediocre pitcher over someone who was extremely effective because of a 300k difference?... gag

  • Author

So...is it true?

 

I will be the first to admit that maybe my source has let me down. I will continue to watch but in the meantime I appologize to everyone if this isnt true.

So...is it true?

 

I will be the first to admit that maybe my source has let me down. I will continue to watch but in the meantime I appologize to everyone if this isnt true.

 

FAIL.....

  • Author

So...is it true?

 

I will be the first to admit that maybe my source has let me down. I will continue to watch but in the meantime I appologize to everyone if this isnt true.

 

FAIL.....

 

Seriously?!?!? I like to think that I am fairly respected on here for not being very rude on one extreme or overly drab on the other. At the very least, show a little respect for the fact that I was able to fess up and say that I may have made a mistake. Your one word comment on the surface shows that you might be on the immature side while looking into it further shows that at the very least you are an insensitive ass. Now i appologized for the mere thought of it not being true and that is alot more than you get from some of these other so-called "insiders" so grow up.

So...is it true?

 

I will be the first to admit that maybe my source has let me down. I will continue to watch but in the meantime I appologize to everyone if this isnt true.

 

FAIL.....

 

Seriously?!?!? I like to think that I am fairly respected on here for not being very rude on one extreme or overly drab on the other. At the very least, show a little respect for the fact that I was able to fess up and say that I may have made a mistake. Your one word comment on the surface shows that you might be on the immature side while looking into it further shows that at the very least you are an insensitive ass. Now i appologized for the mere thought of it not being true and that is alot more than you get from some of these other so-called "insiders" so grow up.

 

Jeez it was just a joke!

So...is it true?

 

I will be the first to admit that maybe my source has let me down. I will continue to watch but in the meantime I appologize to everyone if this isnt true.

 

FAIL.....

 

Seriously?!?!? I like to think that I am fairly respected on here for not being very rude on one extreme or overly drab on the other. At the very least, show a little respect for the fact that I was able to fess up and say that I may have made a mistake. Your one word comment on the surface shows that you might be on the immature side while looking into it further shows that at the very least you are an insensitive ass. Now i appologized for the mere thought of it not being true and that is alot more than you get from some of these other so-called "insiders" so grow up.

 

Jeez it was just a joke!

 

 

There are some people on here who can be pretty rude, but I'm pretty sure he was joking also.

 

Even if this never pans out, at least it gave us something new to talk about besides Mike Jacobs' OBP :thumbup

There are some people on here who can be pretty rude, but I'm pretty sure he was joking also.

 

Even if this never pans out, at least it gave us something new to talk about besides Mike Jacobs' OBP :thumbup

 

 

agreed!

My friend who works with Loria's personal assistant's roommate said the marlins are very close to considering offering Texiera a 8-10 year deal. Keeps your eyes open.

My friend who works with Loria's personal assistant's roommate said the marlins are very close to considering offering Texiera a 8-10 year deal. Keeps your eyes open.

 

:lol

My friend who works with Loria's personal assistant's roommate said the marlins are very close to considering offering Texiera a 8-10 year deal. Keeps your eyes open.

 

My friend who is Jeffrey Loria himself says we are signing Tex, Manny, Lowe and trading for Peavy.

The funding for which will be provided from his good mate Norman Braman.

My friend who works with Loria's personal assistant's roommate said the marlins are very close to considering offering Texiera a 8-10 year deal. Keeps your eyes open.

you must be joking, right? :blink:

My friend who works with Loria's personal assistant's roommate said the marlins are very close to considering offering Texiera a 8-10 year deal. Keeps your eyes open.

 

My friend who is Jeffrey Loria himself says we are signing Tex, Manny, Lowe and trading for Peavy.

The funding for which will be provided from his good mate Norman Braman.

I believe you. :thumbup

My friend who works with Loria's personal assistant's roommate said the marlins are very close to considering offering Texiera a 8-10 year deal. Keeps your eyes open.

 

My friend who is Jeffrey Loria himself says we are signing Tex, Manny, Lowe and trading for Peavy.

The funding for which will be provided from his good mate Norman Braman.

 

Obviously false. Loria has no friends.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.