Everything posted by Fish Dynasty
-
2010 College Football Thread
Can't wait for the big one next week. I have a feeling Miami is going to win, but at least I don't think it's going to be a blowout like I did after week two.
-
Mich. Asst. Attorney General Andrew Shirvell Targets Gay Student Chris
$100 says he's gay.
-
Dad in Vernon, Florida is trying to stop prayers at pee-wee games
I'd be surprised if this lasted more than a few seconds in court before being thrown out.
-
Pudge might return?
I'm not sure I'd want him to come here even if we would only be paying him the minimum.
-
Lady GaGa spouts off against "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" i
Bill Clinton instituted it, he was/is a democrat. :thumbup He is labeled as a democrat but if you look at his record he was clearly a Republican. I really hope this is sarcasm. It's not. Look at the record. He was and is clearly not a democrat. So supporting universal healthcare, cap-and-trade, progressive taxation, campaign finance reform, affirmative action, full gay rights except marriage, gun control, and being pro-choice show that he was and is clearly not a Democrat? What exactly are you basing your notion off of?
-
Lady GaGa spouts off against "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" i
Bill Clinton instituted it, he was/is a democrat. :thumbup He is labeled as a democrat but if you look at his record he was clearly a Republican. I really hope this is sarcasm.
-
Lady GaGa spouts off against "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" i
Bill Clinton instituted it, he was/is a democrat. :thumbup Bill Clinton wanted openly homosexuals to be able to serve, and he had to compromise for DADT.
-
2010 College Football Thread
C'mon, are we seriously still not ranked in either poll after a 27 point win over a pretty good BYU team?
-
Miss. lesbian student sues over rejected tux photo
:lol Okay. That's coming from one of the most blatantly partisan users to post on this forum. The only commentators I watch and agree with regularly on Fox are Stossel and Napolitano and they are on Fox Business, not Fox News (and they aren't on everyday). The only Fox News pundit I will watch for more than a couple of minutes is Cavuto. He's like Geraldo and Van Sustren where he is clearly conservative, but not acerbic about it (unlike the five MSNBC pundits and Beck, Hannity, and O'Reilly on Fox). A couple of years ago, the left might have had a legitimate beef with Fox. O'Reilly and Hannity were sharply partisan, while MSNBC was somewhat neutral. Glenn Beck was still on Headline News then and MSBC was giving people like Tucker Carlson a show, who is pretty conservative. There was a huge shake-up around the 2008 election, or so when MSNBC went full retard and emobodient everything that the lefties accused Fox of being and then some. Fox's reporting of the actual news is pretty fair. It's the editorial programming that has primarily given it the bad reputation. MSNBC is now far worse in this respect. Yeah....you obviously didn't watch regular FOX News in 2008. I made the mistake of watching it while it was on in several businesses that year, and wow. Just wow. It was terrible. Every other second there was some claim about how Obama had connections to all of these crazy radical people who hated America. I also have to take issue that their 'news' people do a good job. If what they do is a good job, I don't want to know what a bad job is. Almost every headline on the network jumps to a crazy conclusion, but can get away with it because they put it in the form of a question, so it seems almost innocent. For example, how is accusing the person in charge of the NYC Islamic community center of being a radical valid news, when he had a long track record of working for the Bush administration to reach out to the Muslim world and assure them our invasion of Iraq was not an attack against Islam? That's just one example of the kinds of things they claim are 'news'. They make accusations, but then conveniently ignore what the actual facts are behind their claims. Right after that you had Fox News attacking a Saudi prince who gave funds to the NYC community center, calling him a radical person who also funds 'terrorism'. Yet at the same time, they leave out the somewhat important fact that that man is the SECOND LARGEST SHAREHOLDER IN NEWS CORP (owner of FOX News). They're just masters at cherry picking stories and facts to suit their narrative. I certainly think they have far worse standards than MSNBC or CNN, even though neither of those networks does a good job with news. And stations like MSNBC don't do the exact same thing? Every time I watch Maddow she it seems like she comes up with a new "Republican conspiracy theory." Also, while several stories Fox News produces are exaggerated (and sometimes false), that doesn't mean you should just write off everything they say. Sometimes it is the other side that is the one who is trying to hide something. The ACORN story and the Van Jones story, for example, were perfectly legitimate stories that should have been covered by the mainstream media, but either were barely covered or weren't covered at all. Mainly, the only reason why many have come to the assumption that Fox News is the "evil" station is because just about every station besides FN (which mostly lean to the left) like to criticize them, while FN is the only station that criticizes the left-leaning stations. Ratings have a significant impact on it also.
-
2010 College Football Thread
Honsetly, who's actually going to say that Reggie Bush didn't win the Heisman in 2005? I just think these types of penalties are so pointless. It's like when the NCAA decided to make FSU forfeit their victories from the 2006 and 2007 seasons. Has anyone ever heard someone say that Florida State went 0-13 in those two seasons? Of course not. If the NCAA actually wanted to make a statement, they should have done something such as trying to file charges against Bush, or make the penalties against USC much harsher.
-
2010 College Football Thread
Florida WR Rainey was arrested today for 3rd Degree Felony. He has 1 TD so far this season and had 7 last year. Why do some student athletes do the dumbest things? How many arrests is that now in like the past year or two? Is it over a hundred yet?
-
2010 College Football Thread
Well, that was embarrassing.
-
2010 College Football Thread
FSU over OU OSU over UM Bama over PSU Michigan over ND
-
Rate this fantasy football team
I like your team overall, but you might have taken so many good WRs that you were left with very little at RB. I like the Charles pick, as I think he is one of the most underrated backs in the league, but he could turn out to be very inconsistent throughout the year. I don't see anyone on your list of RBs who is a lock to give you a solid number of points almost every week. If I were you, I would try to get an elite RB for Moss if someone will take him. Both him and Brady are aging, and he's been complaining about the team recently. Then start Johnson, Smith, Charles, Greene, and whoever you get back in the trade. Don't forget that just about all of your RBs are either starting out the season as the #1 RB for the first time or are about to retire, so you could use some more comfort room.
-
2010 College Football Thread
what does market have to do with anything? To clarify, by Boise I meant BSU, not the city of Boise, Idaho. Conferences would still rather take a decent team with a large fan base than a team with a smaller fan base that is currently on a hot streak that probably won't last that much longer.
-
Sports movies - Post them here
Hoosiers.
-
2010 College Football Thread
Boise's defense is really impressing me. Tons of pressure, and their special teams blocking that punt was awesome as well. If only Boise could move to the Pac 10 or something.., it's not fair for them to beat one team ranked 10th, and then face a bunch of teams ranked 60th and worse for the rest of the season all the way to the national championship (although I have a suspicion that as the season goes on, the writers won't give Boise any respect and they will be on their way to another Fiesta Bowl). No matter how good they are, Boise will never be a big enough market to be in a BCS conference. When we finally get rid of the BCS and start having an 8 or 12 team playoff, they will start getting some more attention.
-
2010 College Football Thread
I have a feeling VT is going to come back and win this. Kellen Moore hasn't been as good as he usually is (that could be because he's actually facing a decent defense though.)
-
Miss. lesbian student sues over rejected tux photo
More Fox News bashing. UGH! it doesnt get bashed nearly enough for the spreading of misinformation...or did those death panels kick in yet? It is completely justified to bash Fox News for biased opinions...but it would be hypocritical if you didn't also bash a station like MSNBC for biased liberal opinions. sure except i dont watch MSNBC either...nor do they relentlessly attack conservatives only or claim the president is a racist fox news is only a small step above the enquirer and anyone who believes differently either must believe the sky is falling on cloudy days or actually works for the damn network they also have no quams whatsoever about getting spoon fed news from rupert(english) and the saudi princes...and call me crazy...but id rather have an american take on the news and not what some foreigner wants me to think what the news is Penguino already said just about everything I was about to say, but to add to that, only Glenn Beck called Obama a racist, and he said that he regrets calling him that. No one claims that Fox News isn't tilted to the right, but at least they have some commentators who don't have much of a bias (or possibly even lean to the left), such as Geraldo, Shepard Smith, Greta Van Susteren, etc. On MSNBC, their whole lineup is full of liberals, and the only conservatives they bring on their station are guys like Pat Buchanan. The only reason why you hear more Fox News bashing is because they are the only station that has a conservative bias and their ratings are higher than just about every other news station's combined.
-
2010 College Football Thread
Always good to get a 53 point win. I think if Florida didn't get that pick-six to go up 7-3, there could be a decent chance Miami U would have been in that game until the end.
-
Miss. lesbian student sues over rejected tux photo
More Fox News bashing. UGH! it doesnt get bashed nearly enough for the spreading of misinformation...or did those death panels kick in yet? It is completely justified to bash Fox News for biased opinions...but it would be hypocritical if you didn't also bash a station like MSNBC for biased liberal opinions.
-
2010 College Football Thread
I'm surprised Miami-OSU didn't get the late primetime spot.... There is no ABC prime time game next saturday, they have NASCAR on. I wonder if they really expect NASCAR to outdraw a game like Alabama-PSU?
-
What will be our average attendance in 2012?
25,000 at most, unless this franchise surprises us with a huge signing or trade going into 2012.
-
2010 College Football Thread
I just hope FSU doesn't come out slow against Samford because they're looking ahead toward the Oklahoma game. What a weekend next week by the way. FSU vs Oklahoma, Miami vs OSU, and Penn State vs Alabama.
-
2010 College Football Thread
I wonder what I would do if FAMU somehow beat Miami tonight...