Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fish Dynasty

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Fish Dynasty

  1. I guess he's planning on getting injured for at least a couple months.
  2. My favorite thing about opening day (besides Publix Chicken Tender subs) is people who are so starved for baseball that they take every little thing and blow it completely out of proportion. If this game had happened in May nobody would have any comments beyond "Gaby had a bad day". We all assume that opening day has to be indicative of some larger truth, because of how much importance we put on it. But it's just one game, no different than any other. I'm no more worried about anyone than I was yesterday. If this game happened in May, we would have already had two months to evaluate the players and their abilities. In your example you're taking it for granted that the players have already fielded adequately throughout the season so far, otherwise they would be in the positions they are in currently. If this game is indicitave of something to come, then we have a problem. Hustling/calling for balls in the outfield and stretching for them/catching them at first base should be a given in high school, let alone at this level. I saw at least five plays today that Gaby played poorly. Two times today he seemed to lazy to stretch, he dropped a ball that wasn't even in the dirt, and for both of the "wild throws" to first base he barely came off the base and he was able to get his glove on the ball both times. Commiting all of these mistakes in a single game is unexcusable, no matter what time of the year in which it occurs.
  3. I assume the Cody is in/Robertson is third story has already been posted from the ones above me. I said this several days ago because more than anything else if you didn't move Robertson to third, mathematically it would be impossible to schedule him against Philadelphia, the very team they say they needed to acquire a lefty to use against. Glad you figured it out Fredi. http://www.marlinsba...ost__p__1914910 If Robertson stays in the third position, and the rotation stays intact, then he would miss our next series against the Philliees which is at the end of May. If he were to stay in the 5th spot, he would miss the first series against them, but he would pitch in the second series. Everything eventually balances out, which is yet another reason why the trade was worthless. It's bad enough that the point of the Robertson trade was just to have a lefty in the rotation, but if a further reason as to why they acquired him was to have a lefty face the Phillies, then it shows how incompetent the FO is on this issue. I wonder if they even realize the fact that the Phillies were a better hitting team against LHP than RHP last season (not to mention that swapping Feliz for Polanco will add to that fact?) Do they realize that Hensley's career numbers against LHB are almost as good as Robertson's against them? Did they even bother to look at Robertson's career .828 OPS-against when facing RHB? The argument that we need a lefty in the rotation, especially for the Philies, is complete nonsense. They need to let the better pitcher pitch, and be more worried about how the opposing teams as whole will match up with a certain pitcher, not about getting Chase Utley and Ryan Howard out.
  4. Hit - Hanley Double - Cantu Triple - Maybin HR - Uggla RBI - Cantu Run Scored - Hanley Stolen Base - Maybin Caught Stealing - Coghlan Error - Cantu Win - Johnson 2 points
  5. American League East - New York Yankees Central - Chicago White Sox West - Texas Rangers Wildcard - Boston Red Sox MVP - Mark Texeira Cy Young - Felix Hernandez Manager - Ozzie Guillen Rookie - Desmond Jennings Comeback - David Ortiz National League East - Philadelphia Phillies Central - St Louis Cardinals West - San Francisco Giants Wildcard - Florida Marlins MVP - Ryan Braun Cy Young - Tim Lincecum Manager - Charlie Manuel Rookie - Buster Posey Comeback - Brandon Webb
  6. this is not good for us because arent the twins considered to be like us a small market team with a small payroll. i know they got the new stadium but when we get ours if we have a top player his agent my point this contract out,,on how a a small market team with a new stadium put out the money.. im not saying were going to have a player of mauers caliber but idk JS.. Um, hi, let me introduce you to my friend, Hanley.... uhh hi let me introduce you to his 6year 70 million dollar contract and already signed... Mauer was going into his third year of arbitration, while Hanley was going into his first.
  7. I can do so many things with that kind of money. Lots of steak. Lots of liquor. Lots of women. And season tickets to the Marlins. What else do you need? A little bit more could let you own the Marlins?
  8. I thought it was funny because u picked kent but on the tiebreaker had kansas winning! Lol. Upset about richmond. Had st marys in sweet 16 but changed it to richmond to the sweet 16. Doh! Let's go uni!! Wow, didn't even realize that. Guess I just have to hope I don't tie anyone lol. EDIT: Wait, I don't think I do. I don't think the sides matter, as I see other people's brackets look the same as mine. The higher number is next to where it says "winning score", so I'm pretty sure it's right.
  9. Vandy loss hurts, I had them beating Butler.
  10. i get a kick out of marlins0803s championship game. you guys are going down! John Wall + DeMarcus Cousins + Cole Aldrich + Sherron Collins = One hell of a championship game.
  11. Thomas Jones isn't on the Jets lol. I'm guessing he meant Leon Washington, who's a very underrated back.
  12. He didn't put your words in your mouth. You said getting those 2 guys would make the Dolphins the most improved team in the AFC East, when the offseason just started. The draft is still a month and a half away, and you're already making "most improved team" comments. By the way, I don't know what you're talking about, but Antonio Cromartie is a pretty solid corner, capable of making big plays. And Mark Sanchez took his team to the AFC Championship game as a rookie, so really the QB position isn't all that debatable, at this point. He didn't put words in my mouth, but he did change what I said. What I said was signing Clark/Otogwe along with the signing of Dansby will make us the most improved team in the AFC East. I obviously meant that as in RIGHT NOW, TODAY. Sure, alot can change. But with those signings, we are the most improved team. Cromartie isn't good. He's extremely overrated. Soft, blows coverages, lazy. He's not a good player, and teams will pick on him. Mark Sanchez didn't play better than Henne, though. He had better receivers and a better option at Tight End, but he didn't play better than Henne. The QB position is defenitely debatle, and in favor of Henne at this point. When you play solid with Ginn as your #1 receiver, you're good. Cromartie is a rich man's CB version of Ted Ginn. He should be better with the Jets though since he has Revis across the field from him. Also, the Dolphin's receivers weren't that much worse (if at all), and Dustin Keller is not a good TE.
  13. Brandon Marshall isn't going to be a Miami Dolphin, that much is certain. His character is something Parcells and company don't want on this team, and I remember a source saying that he heard somebody within the Miami organization say they don't want to deal "with somebody elses problem". We want to keep that #12 pick. I mean, I'd want to keep it with guys like Earl Thomas, Dez Bryant, Brandon Graham, and Rolando McClain most likely going to be on the board. If we can't get Bryant, my 2nd player that I would want would be Brandon Graham. I've changed my mind on McClain, simply because I'd rather not move Dansby to OLB. Graham is an absolute monster. He really was held back because of how bad the rest of the defense was around him. He proved just how good he was at the Senior Bowl. Graham probably has the biggest motor out of anybody in this draft, and he stepped up as the season went along. But again, I want Dez Bryant. I'm praying the Browns and Broncos pass on him (doubtful), but if we can get him, we finally have ourselves a #1 WR. As for free agency, if I could choose any safety, I'd want Atogwe. He is probably the most underrated safety in the entire league. However, like I said, Ryan Clark is very good in his own right, and I wouldn't be upset at all if Clark was a Dolphin. I'd like to give props to Stephen Ross, I'm so happy we have an owner who is has such a drive to win that he will pay a bit of money to help improve this team. If they don't want Marshall, then they're definitely not going to draft Bryant. Using "character issues" as the excuse to not want to give up the first-round pick would be hypocritical. And if they had to choose between Marshall and Bryant by their talent alone, they would take Marshall without a doubt.
  14. Helms is the "boss" of this team The enforcer. He appears to have the respect of young and old alike. The go to guy. As much as this is "Hanley's Team", the guy who makes it run is Helms. After Coghlan's recent object lesson there shouldn't be any question his importance to this team. That's why he's here. yeah and people on here say veteran presence and team chemistry are overrated Right, I'm sure glad Hanley is taking advice from the almighty Wes Helms. I don't know what we would do without him. umm i never said any of the players benefited from veteran presence talent wise. As you probably already know, baseball is a mental game. you can completely screw yourself up mentally and end up struggling on the field for that reason. Veterans help players in the mental part of the game. For example, when a player is in a major slump and believes that there is no way to get out of it, a veteran can come in and give them some advice on the situation since they have been there before. Of course, not all players need their hand held but still it helps those who need it. I guess all of those players who juiced up on steroids then must feel pretty stupid since I'm sure it only helped them physically. Serious question, have you played baseball on a high-school level or higher? I know that the reason I wasn't a very successful player for my high school team was because I couldn't hit the ball out of the park if my life depended on it, and I was a butcher in the field. Not because I didn't have a senior on my team who would hold my hand when I needed support. To me, your example sounds like something a mother would say to her son who is getting bullied in junior-high. These are GROWN MEN. If they still need their peers to be giving them confidence at this level, then they don't deserve to be playing baseball for a living.
  15. Helms is the "boss" of this team The enforcer. He appears to have the respect of young and old alike. The go to guy. As much as this is "Hanley's Team", the guy who makes it run is Helms. After Coghlan's recent object lesson there shouldn't be any question his importance to this team. That's why he's here. yeah and people on here say veteran presence and team chemistry are overrated Right, I'm sure glad Hanley is taking advice from the almighty Wes Helms. I don't know what we would do without him.
  16. If we could somehow get Dansby and McClain, we would go from one of the worst 3-4 ILB combinations to one of the best. I wouldn't be that happy if we wasted our first-round pick on a WR.
  17. Posey should be ahead of Montero.
  18. 16-7 3.30 ERA, 16 HR's Given Up. Maybin, Ross, Coughlan will play a big role in bringing down his Flyball numbers and a improved 3B play will cut down on the number of groundballs that become hits. My concern really is who is the 1B and how will Uggla hold up another year at 2B. I'm partially afraid that he will decline just enough to start being used at 3B, with Cantu going back to 1st and Boni being the full time 2B. Cantu isn't bringing improved defense to 3B. He's better then Boni, which is saying something about EMILIO then anyone else. Cantu is actually worse than Bonifacio, as hard as that is to believe. Bonifacio's speed allows him to have much better range at 3B. Is that statisically or logically. Logically, I felt Boni was always out of position and Cantu puts himself to make the plays everytime. Both. The only position Cantu can play adequately is 1B. He's too slow to play anywhere else in the infield. At least Boni has the potential to be a solid defensive 3B if he could just improve his arm.
  19. 16-7 3.30 ERA, 16 HR's Given Up. Maybin, Ross, Coughlan will play a big role in bringing down his Flyball numbers and a improved 3B play will cut down on the number of groundballs that become hits. My concern really is who is the 1B and how will Uggla hold up another year at 2B. I'm partially afraid that he will decline just enough to start being used at 3B, with Cantu going back to 1st and Boni being the full time 2B. Cantu isn't bringing improved defense to 3B. He's better then Boni, which is saying something about EMILIO then anyone else. Cantu is actually worse than Bonifacio, as hard as that is to believe. Bonifacio's speed allows him to have much better range at 3B.
  20. Good list, only disagree with two. C- Joe Mauer 1B- Albert Pujols 2B- Dustin Pedroia 3B- Evan Longoria SS- Hanley Ramirez LF- Ryan Braun CF- Justin Upton RF- Jason Heyward RHP- Tim Lincecum LHP- Clayton Kershaw RP- Jonathan Broxton
  21. Bingo. In normal circumstances, the 4 (bench) players we are offering isn't enough to get Amar'e. However, with the Suns fearing they aren't going to receive anything when Amar'e leaves in free agency anyway, they will take anything they can get. (the first round pick added certainly helps) Toronto is still holding onto hope it can resign Bosh after the year. The same cannot be said for Phoenix regarding Amar'e. There's your difference. Bosh said last year that he has no intention of staying in Toronto. Why would he want to play for a mediocre team where people rarely hear about him? If the reason why we aren't going after Bosh is because the Raptors won't let him go, then Toronto is making a big mistake.
  22. I was just about to say, Bosh is a hell of a lot better player than Amar'e is. He's younger, better scorer, better rebounder, better overall shooter, and less injury prone. He's better than Amar'e in just about every way right now. Bosh and Wade would secure us as one of the top 2 teams in the East for the next few years. However, there is a huge amount of risk on waiting it out and hoping for Bosh to sign with us, because if he doesn't, and a lot of other top guys sign somewhere else, we may see Wade leave and this team could be set back many years. That's why trading for Amar'e is the safe way to go. It's not the better move, just less risk involved. But why wouldn't they at least make a push for Bosh at the deadline? It isn't the time of acquiring the player that I'm questioning, it's which player to trade for.
  23. Really? Lee won't improve their ERA at all? I find it exceedingly unlikely that the Mariners will have an ERA that is signifiancly better than 3.87. I'm not going to sit here and try to calculate what all of the pitchers will need in order to achieve that, but you aren't taking the luck that they had last year into account (Washburn being the largest example.) The Mariners were 20th in the MLB in FIP last year, and I doubt they will still be below average with Felix and Lee at the top. Not to mention the possibility of Bedard staying healthy for the entire season. If they didn't acquire Lee, it's pretty obvious that they wouldn't have as good of a rotation going into next year. I don't see how you could debate that.
  24. BREAKING NEWS: Heat have offered Suns Chalmers, Wright, Cook, Richardson and Raptors 1st round pick for Amar'e. The Heat tried to get Charlotte as the 3rd team to get an Amar'e deal done, but they said no. Also, seems as if Cavs are EXTREMELY interested in JJ Hickson, so much so that they are even willing to take a less appealing (overall) offer of Illgauskas and Hickson because they want him so badly. However, the Cavs may be impatient soon and eventually settle on a deal that would net them Jamison from the Wizards. So the Heat give up all of that while the Cavs would only have to give up Ilgauskus and Hickson? Wow... I wouldn't make that trade, if I were the Heat. When you say "all of that", we're really just talking about a bunch of off-the-bench players. None of the players we would be giving up are even worth a fraction of what Amare is worth. I don't think Dorrell Wright has ever been given a fair shot, here. As a matter of fact, he should start over Richardson. Also, I'd say it's a little premature to call Chalmers a bench player. He's struggled this year, but he was good last year in his rookie year. Not to mention, the 1st round pick from Toronto which would be a decent 1st round pick (slot), in the upcoming draft. What the Heat are giving up is a lot more than what the Cavs would be giving up. Is Hickson really that good? Seems like they're overrating him quite a bit. I stated in my previous post that that Miami's deal is better, but that wasn't my point. The quantity isn't what makes it a great deal. Heck, you can throw in those four as well as Magloire, Diawara, and Anthony and it still wouldn't make that much of a difference. Sure, they can contribute, but would any of those guys be a starter on most NBA teams? I'd bet you that a majority of those players wouldn't be on the Heat next season regardless. If we could somehow get Amare without giving up Beasley, and be 100% sure that he will stay with the Heat in the future, then it would be a steal.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.