Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2010-2019 All-Decade Team

Featured Replies

I saw this the other day on MLB Network-- they were predicting who the top players at each position would be for the 2010-2019 decade. I thought it would be cool to share our own predictions with eachother. And while nobody knows where we'll all be 10 years from now to look back on it, maybe some day someone will stumble upon this thread and laugh at how horribly bad our predictions were.

 

Here are mine:

 

C- Joe Mauer

1B- Albert Pujols

2B- Gordon Beckham

3B-Evan Longoria

SS-Hanley Ramirez

LF- Ryan Braun

CF- Justin Upton

RF- Mike Stanton :mischief

 

RHP: Tim Lincecum

LHP: Clayton Kershaw

 

Closer: Jonathan Broxton

 

I chose Pujols at first base even though he'll play his age 30 through age 39 seasons in this decade. He's just that good. And I wanted to choose Utley at second but he's going to be 31 this year and he's had a history of injuries, so I went with the up-and-coming Beckham.

I like your list - I think I'd sub Tex for Pujols, throw David Wright in there at 3rd, and put maybe Hunter Pence or Andre Eithier in RF.

Good list, only disagree with two.

 

C- Joe Mauer

1B- Albert Pujols

2B- Dustin Pedroia

3B- Evan Longoria

SS- Hanley Ramirez

LF- Ryan Braun

CF- Justin Upton

RF- Jason Heyward

 

RHP- Tim Lincecum

LHP- Clayton Kershaw

 

RP- Jonathan Broxton

This list sucks without Emilio Bonifacio

 

 

I know. Really who are they gonna lead off? None of these guys have the speed. which we all know is of utmost importance.

 

I think Price has a shot for LHP.

C-Mauer

1B-Pujols

2B-Cano

3B-Longoria

SS-Hanley

LF-Braun

CF-Crawford

RF-J. Upton

 

RHP-Lincecum

LHP-Kershaw

 

Closer-Rivera

  • Author

C-Mauer

1B-Pujols

2B-Cano

3B-Longoria

SS-Hanley

LF-Braun

CF-Crawford

RF-J. Upton

 

RHP-Lincecum

LHP-Kershaw

 

Closer-Rivera

 

 

Rivera? You sure about that? lol. He's gonna be almost 50 by the time the decade ends.

C-Mauer

1B-Pujols

2B-Cano

3B-Longoria

SS-Hanley

LF-Braun

CF-Crawford

RF-J. Upton

 

RHP-Lincecum

LHP-Kershaw

 

Closer-Rivera

 

 

Rivera? You sure about that? lol. He's gonna be almost 50 by the time the decade ends.

 

 

I was joking actually, lol. It's amazing what he's doing at his age, though. My real answer would be Broxton, at this point, too.

I think it was crazy that on the MLB Network they had Prince Fielder hitting 350+ homers in the decade but only driving in 600-something runs ...

 

Did anyone else notice that? That would be him hitting 35 homers a year and only driving in 60.

  • Author

I think it was crazy that on the MLB Network they had Prince Fielder hitting 350+ homers in the decade but only driving in 600-something runs ...

 

Did anyone else notice that? That would be him hitting 35 homers a year and only driving in 60.

 

 

Yeah I thought that was rather odd

Papelbon is more likely to be the closer of the decade than Broxton. K-Rod is also ahead of Broxton, IMO.

Cabrera could make a run at first.. hell be more in his prime

 

Definitely pappelbon

 

 

Ill take king felix and jon lester thank you

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.