Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LisiMooMoo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by LisiMooMoo

  1. Dan, stop playing around and bring Cantu. Wrong player.
  2. Maybin is so stupid. The ball shouldn't have gotten away from him.
  3. From Baseball America comparing 2002 first round draft picks Delmon Young, Chris Young Jeff Francoer and Hermida Hermida led the SL with 111 walks and a .457 on-base percentage in 2005, and while he isn't the free swinger the other guys are, he hasn't been nearly as disciplined with the Marlins. I hold out more hope for him than the rest of this group, and I wonder if Hermida has focused too much on trying to hit homers rather than letting them come naturally. Can't say I'm his biggest fan, but I do think he could do more with a better hitting coach Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I've been saying this for like the past two years. It's why I think (if traded to the right team), he could really improve. I really hope the best for (almost) any former Marlin, so I'm not about to be one of the "F--- you hermierda" people. I mean, look at the hitters of last season and tell me if someone like Jerm belongs? Jake, Hanram, Uggz and Cantu? Yeah, not so much. The kind of team we had last year does not seem to be realistically sustainable, and I wouldn't want it to be. The hitting that we've had this year, more so as of late, is more what I'd like our future teams to be like...albeit, with more timely hitting. Like getting the man on third with less than two outs in to score. But yeah... I'm glad that someone else agrees Someday, someone will have to teach me why being dependent on the HR is a bad thing. Cool, let's start asking players like Bonifacio, Coggie, and Maybin to shoot for the fences. Baker said the exact same thing earlier this season on Marlins Live. He started trying to go for the homer and it ended up shifting his swing, where he wasn't hitting the ball the other way (like he says he likes to do). It also ended up to a whole bunch fly balls and poor Pa, and Jeremy Hermida said the exact same thing in this article: http://mlb.mlb.com/n...t=.jsp&c_id=fla I never liked living feast or famine with the Fish. Holding out hope for streaky players like Dan Uggla to hit a homerun is less than satisfying. It's one thing to ask for homeruns from power hitters, but it's another thing to ask for them from the entire team. Despite popular belief, women don't dig the long ball, as much as they dig winning. Hitting homers is good, I just don't want the team to be absolutely inept when on a dry spell. So b/c we no longer have the players who live/die by the HR ball, it's a bad thing. My thing with this is...saying you don't like to be dependent on it, in general. There are many teams who live and die by the HR ball, who are successful. Ask the current defending World Series champions, if you don't believe me. Runs are runs, regardless of how you get them. You're right, runs are runs regardless of how we get them... So why do they need to be brought in by homers? I have no issues with power hitting, I just want us to be able to hit, even when not hitting it out of the park. If we're not hitting homeruns, I want to bring the guy on second, home. And yeah, despite my first sentence up there being snippy, my point was that the team's dynamic has been changing by the whole, "speed and defense" mentality, so our guys are getting smaller and faster, and that's not terribly conducive to hitting it out, but hey, if we can hit it out of the park, and have other players like Hanley and Coggie continue to hit for avg as well, I wouldn't mind getting a whole bunch men on base for others to hit HRs. I just want a balanced team. And I've been saying this, even when the fish were hitting 208 homers.
  4. From Baseball America comparing 2002 first round draft picks Delmon Young, Chris Young Jeff Francoer and Hermida Hermida led the SL with 111 walks and a .457 on-base percentage in 2005, and while he isn't the free swinger the other guys are, he hasn't been nearly as disciplined with the Marlins. I hold out more hope for him than the rest of this group, and I wonder if Hermida has focused too much on trying to hit homers rather than letting them come naturally. Can't say I'm his biggest fan, but I do think he could do more with a better hitting coach Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I've been saying this for like the past two years. It's why I think (if traded to the right team), he could really improve. I really hope the best for (almost) any former Marlin, so I'm not about to be one of the "F--- you hermierda" people. I mean, look at the hitters of last season and tell me if someone like Jerm belongs? Jake, Hanram, Uggz and Cantu? Yeah, not so much. The kind of team we had last year does not seem to be realistically sustainable, and I wouldn't want it to be. The hitting that we've had this year, more so as of late, is more what I'd like our future teams to be like...albeit, with more timely hitting. Like getting the man on third with less than two outs in to score. But yeah... I'm glad that someone else agrees Someday, someone will have to teach me why being dependent on the HR is a bad thing. Cool, let's start asking players like Bonifacio, Coggie, and Maybin to shoot for the fences. Baker said the exact same thing earlier this season on Marlins Live. He started trying to go for the homer and it ended up shifting his swing, where he wasn't hitting the ball the other way (like he says he likes to do). It also ended up to a whole bunch fly balls and poor Pa, and Jeremy Hermida said the exact same thing in this article: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090306&content_id=3928918&vkey=news_fla&fext=.jsp&c_id=fla I never liked living feast or famine with the Fish. Holding out hope for streaky players like Dan Uggla to hit a homerun is less than satisfying. It's one thing to ask for homeruns from power hitters, but it's another thing to ask for them from the entire team. Despite popular belief, women don't dig the long ball, as much as they dig winning. Hitting homers is good, I just don't want the team to be absolutely inept when on a dry spell.
  5. *yawn* When is this old guy gonna die already?
  6. I believe the Marlins will trade JJohnson in the offseason. I believe I would do the same. His overall numbers are good this year, but he hasn't shown the ability to go deep into games and I just don't trust in his future all that much. I'd trade him for a couple really good prospects. I'd also bring up Stanton and Morrison for cameo appearances after they capture the Southern League crown. Absolutely not! I don't know how many more freaking times I'm going to have to post this same flipping comment, but here goes, for the umpteenth damn time: WHEN ARE THE MARLINS GOING TO STOP BUILDING FOR THE "FUTURE" AND GO FOR IT NOW????? Bringing in another set of prospects, that won't be out there for an approximate next two seasons !?! Trading our best player in one of our most overall deficient areas? This is a ludicrous statement on your behalf, and I'm glad that you aren't part of the FO. Also, stop trying to rush our minor leaguers. :banghead
  7. When are the Fish going to play a series in Gainesville??? I wanna go to all the games. Plus, I turn 21, and they're playing a series at home. Ordering a beer at a game!!!
  8. From Baseball America comparing 2002 first round draft picks Delmon Young, Chris Young Jeff Francoer and Hermida Hermida led the SL with 111 walks and a .457 on-base percentage in 2005, and while he isn't the free swinger the other guys are, he hasn't been nearly as disciplined with the Marlins. I hold out more hope for him than the rest of this group, and I wonder if Hermida has focused too much on trying to hit homers rather than letting them come naturally. Can't say I'm his biggest fan, but I do think he could do more with a better hitting coach Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I've been saying this for like the past two years. It's why I think (if traded to the right team), he could really improve. I really hope the best for (almost) any former Marlin, so I'm not about to be one of the "F--- you hermierda" people. I mean, look at the hitters of last season and tell me if someone like Jerm belongs? Jake, Hanram, Uggz and Cantu? Yeah, not so much. The kind of team we had last year does not seem to be realistically sustainable, and I wouldn't want it to be. The hitting that we've had this year, more so as of late, is more what I'd like our future teams to be like...albeit, with more timely hitting. Like getting the man on third with less than two outs in to score. But yeah... I'm glad that someone else agrees :notworthy
  9. He's been amazing as lead-off. I wouldn't want to mess with something that's working.
  10. I really want us to, but it seems like we lose steam in august/september every year... So, I really don't know. I believe most of our players will be very good in the future, but then again, will they be with us in the future??? Yeah, I'm feeling a bit pessimistic right now.
  11. I kinda hope he gets traded and becomes the player we all wanted him to be. I guess that sounds "anti-fish," but like with Jacobs, I wish him all the best.
  12. and the marlins are in the LOSS column :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead It's starting to seem commonplace now..
  13. Companions, I feel our chances of winning the World Series are dwindling. there's always a "Debbie Downer" around.... lol! It seems I was the only one holding out hope...
  14. Companions, I feel our chances of winning the World Series are dwindling. I appreciate your optimism since you believed this was still feasible! =] It's not over until we're out of it mathematically! The Fish still had/have a chance to get mighty! Just not tonight.... :'(
  15. How will we clinch the division, if we can't win these games?!?
  16. I feel the Marlins are circling the toilet.
  17. Companions, I feel our chances of winning the World Series are dwindling.
  18. One day the marlins are going to not fall apart in august/september... Oh how happy I'll be, when that day comes.
  19. Y Fredi esta parado con cara de come mierda! What does he expect when none of our pitchers exceed 5 innings (if we're lucky)? Cada cual tiene cara de lo que es. LOL!
  20. We need starters. This is what being cheap costs us. A BIG CHANCE TO MAKE NOISE IN THE PLAYOFFS Yeah, and short of a miracle, I figure tomorrow will be the same thing.
  21. So, we're just about out of the WC... I'm just hoping for a winning season.
  22. It's kids sunday!!!!! WTF is with the sex and orgasms on sports science!!!!!!????????!!!!!! o.O
  23. Why are the Marlins so disappointing??? :'(

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.