Everything posted by LisiMooMoo
-
Marlins Unveil New Uniforms!
That much teal screams beer league softball. I agree entirely!
-
FSN's 2008 Marlins Recap Video
So adorable, my Marleens!!!! Thanks for the video, I'll be watching it a MILLION TIMES!!!
-
More Serious Trade Talk
I just want some reliable quality bullpen guys Word.
-
Marlins Unveil New Uniforms!
Lol, too cute! I'm a fan of the teal, but those hats might be taking it too far. The Marlins needed some fashion advice, stat! For real though, I know they're saying that they're gonna get rid of all the orange crap if they get the stadium, but I hope we incorporate more teal with the uniforms (just not like the uniforms shown above). I like the colors black and teal together.
-
Penny back in Teal?
Not positive, no, but if everyone's saying we're going to trade Olsen, and Miller isn't something solid then who's our left handed pitcher? I mean sure, Miller had a good month and there's a chance that we keep Olsen, but nothing is 100%. Our bullpen failed us quite a few times this year. Pinto, Waechter, Kensing, Nelson (who was called the king of allowing inherited runs score), all these guys weren't spectacular. So who would be in our bullpen? I'm just saying the Marlins should not waste money on an expensive Penny, before straightening out some kinks. Miller is young, raw and inexperienced. He also "lead" all pitchers in DIPS (Defense independent pitching stats) which means he was HIGHLY unlucky. He still K'd almost 8/9IP and while he walked 5 or so... that's more a function of being rushed in the Detroit system. Miller should be a stud in a few seasons and pretty good shortly. Olsen isn't spectacular and has probably, more than likely, peaked. He's tried his hand at being a strikeout pitcher and he's tried for "finesse" so we've seen pretty much all he can be. As for the bullpen, they failed us down the stretch mostly because they were tremendously overworked the first half. That shouldn't happen this year with a healthy starting rotation out of the gate. Ultimately though, unless Penny wants to come back, on the cheap.... which I doubt, pass on him Awww.... I'd like to give Olsen the benefit of the doubt! From some of the games I watched, he was just unlucky. Plus I love it when players say they'd like to stay with the team (though we can't be sure if they mean it), and I know that him and Jacobs have said it... actually Amezega said it too. Other than that, I agree with everything you wrote. Particularly with Miller, I just hope that he can step it up this next season... um, pretty spot on! Well the ironic thing is... the DIPS say Olsen was pretty average, if actually leaning closer to benefiting from good luck... also, maybe you've read something I haven't but I thought I read somewhere he wasn't particularly wanting to come back. I guess a winning season changes things. I think my comment on being unlucky probably stems from, the fish not giving him much run support, and that I've seen some of his winning opportunties destroyed by blown saves. However, this guy also can't hold on to a lead... I don't know if this makes sense, but like all three of these reasons combined led to a not so hot record. I mean, he wasn't lights out this year but to have an 8-11 record after starting 33 games? He wasn't that bad. It was maybe two months ago I read it (that Olsen wanted to stay). They were asking him about arbitration and he said he would love to play a full season with Nolasco, Johnson and Volstad, and see how it would work out. He also said he didn't much care about his record (after a game where he received a no decision, with the bullpen blowing the lead), because he hopes to stay here awhile. Sorry I can't find it. I've been on a mission looking for the article, but I can't remember where I read it. Found a small tidbit though: Scott Olsen said he prefers to be back with the Marlins in '09 but conceded that the Marlins may prefer to move him due to his arbitration eligibility. Oh found it!!! Here it is: Scott Olsen would like to remain with the Marlins next season, if only to see how the current rotation would perform over the course of an entire campaign. But Olsen, who is one of the team's three starters eligible for arbitration after this season, also is aware that he could be the odd man out in that group as the Marlins decide which pitchers to keep. --- Olsen, Johnson and Nolasco are eligible for arbitration after this season. ''They can't bring everybody back,'' Olsen said. ``Well, they could, but they probably won't. I might not be back, but I'd like to be here. I hope I get to stay around, but you never know.''
-
Penny back in Teal?
Not positive, no, but if everyone's saying we're going to trade Olsen, and Miller isn't something solid then who's our left handed pitcher? I mean sure, Miller had a good month and there's a chance that we keep Olsen, but nothing is 100%. Our bullpen failed us quite a few times this year. Pinto, Waechter, Kensing, Nelson (who was called the king of allowing inherited runs score), all these guys weren't spectacular. So who would be in our bullpen? I'm just saying the Marlins should not waste money on an expensive Penny, before straightening out some kinks. Miller is young, raw and inexperienced. He also "lead" all pitchers in DIPS (Defense independent pitching stats) which means he was HIGHLY unlucky. He still K'd almost 8/9IP and while he walked 5 or so... that's more a function of being rushed in the Detroit system. Miller should be a stud in a few seasons and pretty good shortly. Olsen isn't spectacular and has probably, more than likely, peaked. He's tried his hand at being a strikeout pitcher and he's tried for "finesse" so we've seen pretty much all he can be. As for the bullpen, they failed us down the stretch mostly because they were tremendously overworked the first half. That shouldn't happen this year with a healthy starting rotation out of the gate. Ultimately though, unless Penny wants to come back, on the cheap.... which I doubt, pass on him Awww.... I'd like to give Olsen the benefit of the doubt! From some of the games I watched, he was just unlucky. Plus I love it when players say they'd like to stay with the team (though we can't be sure if they mean it), and I know that him and Jacobs have said it... actually Amezega said it too. Other than that, I agree with everything you wrote. Particularly with Miller, I just hope that he can step it up this next season... um, pretty spot on!
-
Penny back in Teal?
No real LHP, no bullpen, and we're thinking about this guy??? Plus, he won't come cheap. Really? 'Ya sure? Not positive, no, but if everyone's saying we're going to trade Olsen, and Miller isn't something solid then who's our left handed pitcher? I mean sure, Miller had a good month and there's a chance that we keep Olsen, but nothing is 100%. Our bullpen failed us quite a few times this year. Pinto, Waechter, Kensing, Nelson (who was called the king of allowing inherited runs score), all these guys weren't spectacular. So who would be in our bullpen? I'm just saying the Marlins should not waste money on an expensive Penny, before straightening out some kinks.
-
Penny back in Teal?
No real LHP, no bullpen, and we're thinking about this guy??? Plus, he won't come cheap.
-
Four Teams Inquire About Hermida
I want to keep Hermida. I think he's still got potential, and keeping him for one more year (to see if he can amount to anything) wouldn't be a bad idea. I wish more teams were interested in Willingham, 'cause there's someone I'd like to see go.
-
Design of Stadium
Either way, the stadium needs to be built. Two football teams are playing there now, and it doesn't seem feasible for the Marlins to be able to play well on a field that scarred. I just want its being built to be set in stone. We're always hearing "rumors" of the team getting a field only not to have it done. It would be very...disappointing to have this deal fall through as well.
-
Jacksonville Suns to become Marlins Affiliate
I will def. be going up there this season!!!! The stadium looks beautiful...Damn, now I'm excited!!!!
-
Nice article on Olsen
That's great. He's growing into a more mature pitcher and it seems to be working for him.
-
Reconfiguring the lineup, to get out of this funk.
He's not that good at getting on base. I wish we could have a more consistent lead off guy.
-
Who is the Marlins' captain ?
Yeah, I too remember reading somewhere that Lowell had been "captain" for the Florida Marlins back in like.. 2004? I wish I could remember where, but that was a while ago when I was mad obsessing over these guys. I don't know that we have one right now.
-
8/14 Post Game
Very entertaining. About as entertaining as watching paint dry. At least the ball boy made a nice catch. Lol, I noticed that! That may have been the most entertaining event in that dreadfully boring game.
-
Our Offense
God, I hope we get hot. I want the fish to do this.