2010 schedule

ctina2277

For some reason, I thought we were playing the Twins next season. Strange interleague schedule, we play the Orioles and the White Sox and Rangers? How did the Orioles sneak in there?

Right? So did I... The Twins are one of my favorite teams in the AL... I was kind of looking forward to facing them...

And why the White Sox???

Who comes up with the interleague schedule, anyone know?

Oh boy May 25th till June 13th could well determine how we do next summer with a stretch of games against Atlanta, Philadelphia (H), Milwaukee, Mets, Philadelphia (A) and Tampa.

Good to see us heading to Camden Yards again. I like watching games from there and it brings back memories of Cabrera's legendary single when they tried to intentionally walk him.

Quick question - why is it that we always head out West just leading up to the All Star Game? 2010 will be at least the 3rd year in a row this has happened.

Also why is there a game on the 5th a break on the 6th and then a game on the 7th... is that a mistake or is it legitimately scheduled that way?

Some teams start on the 5th and some start on the 6th so I guess it evens things out. They did that this year too with some teams I think.

Oh boy May 25th till June 13th could well determine how we do next summer with a stretch of games against Atlanta, Philadelphia (H), Milwaukee, Mets, Philadelphia (A) and Tampa.

Good to see us heading to Camden Yards again. I like watching games from there and it brings back memories of Cabrera's legendary single when they tried to intentionally walk him.

Quick question - why is it that we always head out West just leading up to the All Star Game? 2010 will be at least the 3rd year in a row this has happened.

LOL I just re-watched that right now! Ahhhhh good times! =]

Also why is there a game on the 5th a break on the 6th and then a game on the 7th... is that a mistake or is it legitimately scheduled that way?

Some teams start on the 5th and some start on the 6th so I guess it evens things out. They did that this year too with some teams I think.

Oh, thank you! That makes sense!

Another strange thing about our schedule - the Padres come to Miami twice, but we don't head out to SD.

We go to SD the end of July.

This was from an article on the Marlins website - As usual, the Marlins will play 18 games each -- nine home and nine away -- against the division-rival Mets, Nationals, Braves and Phillies. They'll also play one home and one road series against each of the remainder of the NL teams -- except the Padres, whom they'll host twice.

I obviously just misread that last part and presumed it meant we didn't play an away series there.

I obviously just misread that last part and presumed it meant we didn't play an away series there.

Yeah, they are the odd out of division team this year that we have 3 series against.

The interleague scheduling is really odd for next year. It used to be all the teams within a division play the same division in the other league, with a few changes here and there. Next year, the Marlins don't play any of the same AL teams as the Phillies and only have one or two in common with the rest of the NL East.

Also, don't like that 11 of the Marlins last 16 games are out of the division. Makes it tough to make up games in a possible pennant race. The Phillies last 24 games are within the division, 18 for the Braves.

The interleague scheduling is really odd for next year. It used to be all the teams within a division play the same division in the other league, with a few changes here and there. Next year, the Marlins don't play any of the same AL teams as the Phillies and only have one or two in common with the rest of the NL East.

Also, don't like that 11 of the Marlins last 16 games are out of the division. Makes it tough to make up games in a possible pennant race. The Phillies last 24 games are within the division, 18 for the Braves.

It's really not going to matter. Locking the division up by September will take care of that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.