Everything posted by Foggy Doggy
-
Castillo trade?
We'll get 1 ML ready player for Luis, and maybe 2-3 prospects... We can't keep both Lowell and Luis. Luis is almost a lock to be traded, I am just eager to see what for and to who... I think both Luis and Mike and even possibly Lee will be gone by July 31st.
-
I was Reading the posts in the Red Sox Forum.....
Red Sox fans are just bitter cause their franchise is cursed. Exactly.....and as much as they wish to laugh, we still have rings from 1997 and their Great-Grandfathers never saw as much as one. As for Henry......lying weisel is very kind thing to call that c*nt.
-
Gabe Kapler, BoSox Cost?
Bro.....I take gear and I know a fellow gear user when I see one. Trust me, Gabe Kapler is juiced. Hey, maybe that's the secret to the Boston offense.... Bro, juice doesn't work in just 3 days (LOL)......it tales 3 weeks for you to start feeling it, when you start a cycle....it builds up. As for Kapler......he's been juicing for 4-5 years now. His vascularity is a dead give-away.....no one is that naturally vascular.....it takes some Winstrol to cut you up and make you that hard.
-
Penny HAS TO PITCH THE GAME OF HIS LIFE!
Package him in a trade with Lee or Castillo maybe if it seals a really good deal. At this point I'm will to part with Lee, but only if it's to Cincy and we can get Sean Casey or someone else who is reasonable as a fielder, but has some pop in his bat.
-
Marlins bullpen
Why not send Penny down to the bullpen when Beckett comes back to give him a "message" to get his act together.
-
I was at Fenway
What's the point of a Phillie fan moderating a Marlin board? I always wondered about this too....seems odd. Then again its the Marlins, and anthing to do with this franchise seems to be bizarre.
-
Gabe Kapler, BoSox Cost?
$2.50 and a cycle of steroids. im sry but he doesnt take steriods Bro.....I take gear and I know a fellow gear user when I see one. Trust me, Gabe Kapler is juiced. By the way my cycle right now is a shot 250 mgs of Test-Enanthate every 4 days and 200 mgs shot of equipose every 5th day.
-
Penny HAS TO PITCH THE GAME OF HIS LIFE!
Is it time to demote Penny to the bullpen, when Beckett comes back ? Maybe he needs that wakeup call, because as far as I'm concerned he isn't even our 4th best pitcher on staff anymore. You can talk about all the "promise" in the world, but he never seems to have "the stuff" especially in crucial games. I think it's time to "rock his world" and send him a message (the bullpen) and see how he responds.
-
Pavano and Redman...
C'mon Ramp...I have no agenda except I am a pissed off fan that has been doublecrossed, lied to and hurt because I had a dream to have a real MLB team to root for, and what I have is a glorified AAA team that equates to a farm team for the Yankees, Braves, Dodgers etc..... Ramp stop with the rose-coloured glasses already.....se it for what it really is....a job being done on us South Fla MLB fans all over again....its a never-ending nightmare since the night we won the 1997 WS. Foggy.. your making this look like the worst thing anyone has ever seen.. go watch some Yankee games.. Hey it is terrible....I waited all my life to have MLB team in my hometown, and what have we gotten.....except for one brief exception.....TRASH. Remember for those who say Marlins fans are bad, well the Marlins except for one season have had losing records, and at that haven't won a division title yet. All I want is a competetive team, but looking at the way they are playing right now, it's obvious to anyone with a lick of sense this team is not MLB quality, and may not even be able to beat some AAA teams on a regular basis.
-
Pavano and Redman...
my glasses my have a shade of rose to them but you are all over Loria and what for? because the team is sucking right now? come on :plain Who else is ultimately responsible for what kind of product is put out on the field ?
-
Everything has always been wrong!
Also, Pudge knows he HAS to perform this year in order for an 'idiotic' team to pay him next year. It is early. Good players are struggling, it happens. Pudge has only recently struggled. He will snap out of it. And for God's sake, if the Marlins didnt sign Pudge the media and other nay-sayers would be all over the front office again. They cant seem to do anything right in the eyes of some. Face it, Loria and Co. are here to stay. That may be the scariest thing of all, but I still have yet to see a good reason given to support any conspiracy theory. Jonny when they contract the team and take their money, will you then at least admit that it could have been a partially contrived conspiracy ?
-
Everything has always been wrong!
Colon wasnt a free agent so your little story is a bunch of BS........in fact, Expos GM Omar Minaya said we offered to Expos the best deal but he didnt want to trade w/in the division you say no All Stars would want to sign here, especially for 1 year deals.....cough Pudge cough Loria and Co have done nowhere near the harm Huizenga did, in fact, they havent harmed it at all Ramp,...Pudge signed because NO ONE ELSE WANTED HIM !Why would such a "once" highly regarded FA, former All-Star and Gold Glove winner be available to sign in January ? He should have been a "star" of Free Agency this year, but was passed on by all but the Marlins. I think we are seeing why....he's not contributed very much to the team so far, his catching skills are certainly not what they once were and his curious abcense the last week (when there was no real excuse for being gone) has been devastating to his supposed image as a team leader. Just when they need him the most, he's gone. Sorry but your Pudge argument doesn't wash....nice try though. As for Col?n....he was in negotiations for a longer term contract and when the Marlins refused to negotiate for a longer term deal he told the Expos the Marlins were off his list of teams available to trade to.....if you want to believe the crap the Marlins give out to cover their tracks, fine but it's a bunch of BS from Loria & Samson. They got snubbed from Col?n because they couldn't get him to a long term CHEAP deal.
-
3 game series in Coors East
Well, I just hope they can take 2 of 3 or you might as well kiss this season goodbye (I already have...but for those who still have hope...)
-
Pavano and Redman...
Goldberg doesnt speak w/o just cause? lol.... C'mon Ramp...I have no agenda except I am a pissed off fan that has been doublecrossed, lied to and hurt because I had a dream to have a real MLB team to root for, and what I have is a glorified AAA team that equates to a farm team for the Yankees, Braves, Dodgers etc..... Ramp stop with the rose-coloured glasses already.....se it for what it really is....a job being done on us South Fla MLB fans all over again....its a never-ending nightmare since the night we won the 1997 WS.
-
Pavano and Redman...
what happened last year? everyone talked about a firesale and we traded a retread pitcher and Cliff Floyd..... but we got back players that could help now..... not only minor leaguers... I mean, did Loria come to your house and kick your dog?.... you have the agenda i believe Hmmmm......lets see......players that Loria & Beinfest have traded for helping us..... Clement & Alfonseca for Julian Tavarez........yeah Tarvarez has been REALLY helpful this year.....: :whistle Justin Wayne as part of the Floyd trade........Wayne was really spectacular :unsure : Millar for Hollandsworth (in what equates to a trade)......Millar hitting for around .300 and Hollandsworth.....well DL after hitting .220 or so.... :whistle Yeah they've done a lot to improve the team.
-
Pavano and Redman...
*marking down words* *preparing crow* DLee and Castillo may go, but a team firesale? nah I almost guarantee that Lowell, DLee, Castillo & Encarnacion will be traded, as well as Juan Pierre & AGon if their good season keep up. They have to, they can't afford the $ 40 million they have on the budget right now......they need to pare that down. no freakin way..... show me proof where it says they cant keep $40mil payroll or whatever you say..... I think you're hatred for this ownership is blurring some things in your eyes Why do I say this ? Loria's estimated wealth was about $ 200 million in 1998. That could be substantially less now since the stock market crash. He is strapped for cash to even keep the franchise going. Last week it was heard on WQAM by Goldberg that Loria was turned down by several large corporate banks for loans to keep the team afloat. Rumour ? Maybe but it came from Goldberg who doesn't talk about things like that without just cause.
-
Everything has always been wrong!
Because he can't be TOTALLY blatant....he has to keep up some semblance of trying. However by late July if the fish are, say, 20-25 games out of 1st place, don't be surprised with dwindling attendance (3,000 to 5,000 per game because of the bad record) he will use that as the excuse to gut the team. Having no one on more than a 1 year contract means that you will be bringing in more Hollandsworthless'es, not any potential All-Stars.....why would an established star come to a team without any proven players on it and settle for a 1 year contract ? Why do you think Col?n turned us down ? He knows this team is an ?nemtha, a scourge on baseball.....an embarassment. They have no future as long as Loria & Samson are involved; they are a cancer on the sport, and do it more harm than Huizenga could ever dream of doing. I wonder how serious the Col?n talks really were.......it seems as though what I have heard that they were considered a joke by Col?n & his agent.....more for show than substance.
-
Everything has always been wrong!
you see, thats where I disagree... there has been little proof of Loria having an agenda.... why spend all this money on marketing? why go out and get Pudge why raise payroll $10mil why make a push for Bartolo Colon? if he has this agenda, why would Loria go out and do all this.... why not just, firesale in spring training? it would have ended the Marlins for good *anyone on my team out there? ...I could use some help Because he CAN'T just destroy his TOTAL investment.....at least until 2006. Look, he only has 1, count'em ONE player signed past this season (Juan Pierre). Unless he firesales these players he stands to lose them for NOTHING, or at the best compensatory picks in the draft. What is the future for the team ? You tell me what he has for the future because I sure can't see what he is doing to build for the future. :angry
-
Everything has always been wrong!
The Marlins have almost the same ERA as the Tigers, but have given up more hits, walks and have a higher WHIP. That's better? Look, all I'm saying is that although I'm an baseball addict, I can't reconcile the lies and false hopes that have been served up to me for the last 5 years. Do I like to follow several Marlins players? Of course. And I can't wait to see Castillo steal 15 bases this Sept. for the Cards or See Mike Lowell play in the World Series for the Gotham Evil Empire this year. The Marlins are a team with young and exiting players. And those young and exciting players will win at another franchise down the road. There is not one single hope that this team will win anything with current ownership. And if ownership changes again it'll be to move it out of SoFla. So what exactly is the point of supporting the Marlins organization by paying for tickets, buying merchandise, adding to TV ratings, etc? Fish Fillet I feel your pain.....it's a shame but it seesm that events are conspiring to doom baseball in South Fla.
-
Pavano and Redman...
*marking down words* *preparing crow* DLee and Castillo may go, but a team firesale? nah I almost guarantee that Lowell, DLee, Castillo & Encarnacion will be traded, as well as Juan Pierre & AGon if their good season keep up. They have to, they can't afford the $ 40 million they have on the budget right now......they need to pare that down.
-
Everything has always been wrong!
losing will drive away what little fans we have left, therefore showing Selig that South Fla shouldnt have a team, therefore having Loria and Co, move somewhere else Ramp.....now you're getting the picture. The intention is not to stay here in South Fla. Loria has his agenda, and I think that is to get his team closer to his New York home base. Selig also has his agenda, to ruin baseball in South Fla. Selig is an "Arizona" guy.......remember these tibits : a) Selig owned the Brewers who have ALWAYS trained in Arizona b) he owns two homes in Arizona c) he has gone out of his way to help the Diamondbacks get their stadium and make loans to keep the franchise out of bankruptcy last year, yet has steadfastly refused to help the Marlins franchise out, in getting a new stadium for the team. I truley believe Selig doesn't care about South Fla, or even Tampa Bay as baseball "territory". He knows the older folks that have retired here will still follow their old teams, and will travel to Spring Games to see them, and never become loyal to the "new" Florida franchises. Doesn't anyone else see this ?
-
Pavano and Redman...
huh? so far the management has done a good job of putting a team on the field.... I mean, its not like the Marlins losses are blowouts, we lose by 2 or 3 runs..... if this team ever got the offense going, we would be scary..... but i think you are way off Foggy Ramp, sorry but I have to disagree......I think this team has been lucky so VERY lucky indeed that it has been in so many close games so far. Scores like last night I believe are what is going to be more common come the middle of summer. The good pitching will finally wear down and the lack of offence will spread to lack of pitching because of wearing down and becomeing weary of losing. You'll see a wholesale fire sale by July 31st.....mark my words.
-
Everything has always been wrong!
It's an interesting dichotomy being a Marlins fans these days..... On one hand I want them to lose because I simply HATE the management and hopefully enough losing will make them sell the team (crossed fingers). But then I also want them to win because they are my team.....after 33 years of following other teams, growing up mostly watching Braves games when cable came on....I finally had a childhood dream come true; MY TEAM...the Marlins. But it has more of a nightmare than a dream....... :unsure :
-
Pavano and Redman...
Who cares about pitching...We've scored 9 runs in our last 5 games. AMEN.....I could have told you it wasn't going to be a pitching problem for this team, but a hitting one before the season. It hasn't enough firepower to win....and there is no desire to get a big bat by the management. They refuse to do anything to win here in South Fla so either they can contract the team in 2006 or move to Washington, because they are doing a great job in destroying what was left of the faithful fans here in South Fla.
-
Kurkjian Rips Fish
Tim Kurkjian ripped the fish today saying that our managment had unrealistic expectations before the season started in stating that we could/should win 90 games. He said we are a young team who has no offense or power overall, and zero power from the left side of the plate. He also said that Torberg was fired because we had a young pitching staff that was too young to lead us to anything great and because he would not fire Arnsberg. So he basically was also in trouble when two pitchers went down, one of whom was covering an injury for a while. Kurkjian also said that we are searching for a permanent manager and that no manager can make this team win. Sounds like a smart man....many of the things I said at the MLB.Marlins site and was blasted for before the season. The people there are soooooo blind.