Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins bullpen

Featured Replies

Well with Beckett coming back Tuesday our bulllpen will look a little different.

 

I think this is how it's going to look

 

Almanza

Levrault

Bump

Phelps

Looper

Tejera

 

Then Spoony isgoing to come back so it will look something like this.

 

Almanza

Levrault

Spoony

Phelps

Looper

Tejera

 

It looks a lot better then it has looked, but I think we need 1 more guy if we want to contend, because I dont think we can rely on Levrault and Tejera on a consistant basis.

 

What do you guys think?

When Borland Comes back, our bullpen we'll than be VERY good

he was only here for 9 innings....

 

i dont think he will be that big a boost

Borland? No way he wil help us out. He was only with us for a short while. I rather Keep Bump up here but will have to go when Becett comes back...

Through 7 games...Toby has. a 1.86 era and has only allowd 3 hits...Ramp is right he's only pitched 9 innings( actually 10) but he's a reliever and we wont need him to pitch long...just to get an inning done or a couple batter which he is much more capable of doing than say...Olsen or Tejera

 

 

1.86 ERA allowed 3 hits through 7 starts and 10 innings...he is a guy that will get outs in tough situations and get us out of a bad inning or two

you might be able to say he hasnt had enough IP to prove that he is worth stayin in the majors in the pen...but you can't say he doesn't desrve to be in the majors in the pen. In the little time he has pitched, he's pitched great. He doesnt deserve to get sent down. Thats for sure...

 

*Cough*Cough*Tejera needs to be sent down*Cough*Cough

Borland? No way he wil help us out. He was only with us for a short while. I rather Keep Bump up here but will have to go when Becett comes back...

You'd rather have Bump up, and unproven player who gave up two runs in two innings than a guy who did only throw 9 innings, but with a damn impressive ERA well under 2.00? You crazy.

I tend to agree with you Fran. I think Levrault has done well for the most part but needs to have a few more good outings to completely sell me. Tejera I worry about. One more good arm in there would do wonders. Maybe Phelps will really get in there and solidify it, who knows.

Maybe Phelps will really get in there and solidify it, who knows.

Stats show he's been awesome out of the pen...

i keep tryin to tell u Boreland was a huge loss when he was here he was getting the job done when he got hurt that spot he held who eva they guy ahs been is not getting the job done....... as 4 Levrault he has SUXED da past few outtings and i have l;ost confidence in em......

 

 

 

Almanza

Levrault

Spoony

Phelps

Looper

Tejera NOOOOOOOOOOO this BUL PEN IS CRAP

 

Almanza is a STIFF who always gets hurt and ends every year with an ERA ova 4.50

 

Levrault has SUXED his past few outtings he had a HOT beggning but since than has been shakey.....

 

Spoonz when will he be back??? "talk is AFTER all Star break"

 

"Phielps "thank God we have him"

 

Tejera "INCONSISTANT" send em down

 

Bring up-----Scott Sanders, Greg House, and get a ARM from trading

Borland is not a big loss.... sorry

 

Levrault is still a badass

 

i agree on Tejera

 

Sanders isnt on the 40 man player roster........ it might be tough to bring him up

do you guys remember brian edmonson and ron mahay?

LMFAO hell ya I do. A couple of years ago I believe it got so bad For Edmonson that I saw him on a Double A or Single a roster :( . Mahay I believe we got from the A's right? He sucked. And so did Malloy the 2nd baseman.

do you guys remember brian edmonson and ron mahay?

LMFAO hell ya I do. A couple of years ago I believe it got so bad For Edmonson that I saw him on a Double A or Single a roster :( . Mahay I believe we got from the A's right? He sucked. And so did Malloy the 2nd baseman. Oh ya Mahay also plays with the Rangers AAA team I believe.

ron mahay was an outfielder that converted to a pitcher

 

just like brooks kieschnick is now

Yes, Brian Edmonson was in AA last year with the Bowie Baysox and the Akron Aeros (Indians). The year before he had actually spent a part of the year in Portland. When he was with Akron, I got a chance to talk to him because our season tickets were right next to the visiting bullpen - he's a really nice guy, and it was interesting to hear his views as a former Marlin on the state of the organization since the ownership change.

  • Author

Here's an idea...why don't we carry another P in the pen instead of an extra bench player?

I was thinking that too. I was thinking it would be smart if we traded Castro, because we really don't need 3 catchers. 1 team that would love to have Castro is the Orioles, and I think if we traded Castro for a bullpen guy like Kerry Lightenberg the Orioles would do it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.