Penny HAS TO PITCH THE GAME OF HIS LIFE!

If Penny ever wants the respect of Florida Marlins' fans today the game. Lowe is going to be a tough foe.Opponents are batting .224 against him in Boston this year and leads the ML in 4 to 1 groundball/fly ball ratio meaning alot of DP, so McKeon better put his guys on the move if they get on base. Back to Penny, if this guy wants to be the best it starts today. If a team need a win its today. Yes I'm making a big deal about this game to finally move forward after Friday's nightmare. So bring it home Penny :thumbup

If Penny ever wants the respect of Florida Marlins' fans today the game. Lowe is going to be a tough foe.Opponents are batting .224 against him in Boston this year and leads the ML in 4 to 1 groundball/fly ball ratio meaning alot of DP, so McKeon better put his guys on the move if they get on base. Back to Penny, if this guy wants to be the best it starts today. If a team need a win its today. Yes I'm making a big deal about this game to finally move forward after Friday's nightmare. So bring it home Penny :thumbup

My sentiments exactly Ed, thanks for the great post!

Agree 100%. If Brad Penny wants to be a top pitcher in this league, these are the games he's got to step up and perform in. Beating the Mets is one thing, they're in last place. This is the playoff-bound RedSox, in the limelight of Fenway Park, with the team in a crucial stretch of games.

Brad Penny wants to be a frontline starter in this league? Go out and show it.

Yea Penny needs to pitch good and mix in his change up and curveball to be effective. Lets see if he pitches well tonight if he does we can go past .500 for te 1st time in a LONG time. Dont forget we need to score some runs early of Lowe. He isa great grounball pitcher and we need to seal bases oncewe get on base if we dont want any double plays...

Is it time to demote Penny to the bullpen, when Beckett comes back ? Maybe he needs that wakeup call, because as far as I'm concerned he isn't even our 4th best pitcher on staff anymore.

You can talk about all the "promise" in the world, but he never seems to have "the stuff" especially in crucial games.

I think it's time to "rock his world" and send him a message (the bullpen) and see how he responds.

Package him in a trade with Lee or Castillo maybe if it seals a really good deal.

At this point I'm will to part with Lee, but only if it's to Cincy and we can get Sean Casey or someone else who is reasonable as a fielder, but has some pop in his bat. no thanks

Sean Casey 1B CIN Signed Feb 2002 - 3 years/$20.4M

2003: $5.8M

2004: $6.8M

2005: $7.8M

Package him in a trade with Lee or Castillo maybe if it seals a really good deal.

At this point I'm will to part with Lee, but only if it's to Cincy and we can get Sean Casey or someone else who is reasonable as a fielder, but has some pop in his bat. no thanks

Sean Casey 1B CIN Signed Feb 2002 - 3 years/$20.4M

2003: $5.8M

2004: $6.8M

2005: $7.8M Good Idea about power from the left side but can we get someone cheaper other than Sean Casey? What about Dunn if we trade Penny and maybe a prospect