Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What music are you listening too right now?

Featured Replies

at the moment im at juanpy house listenin to; archie - we ready......

 

 

(gettin pumped for opening day tommorow baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! be sure to be there!!!!!!) :jump

Bach...Writing a paper again, so thats what I listen to. When I get home Willie Nelson and Bela Fleck will serranade me to sleep.

lauryn hill on the radio. i forget the name of the song

that sounds like a "special" movie for some reason

the biggest badass of the blues...B.B. King (and his guitar Lucille)...I'm currently listening to "The Thrill Is Gone"...what an amazing song.

a hip hop classic- nuthin but a g thang, by the good Dr and his buddy snoop

outkast, snoop, pac- Rosa Parks (remix)

outkast, snoop, pac- Rosa Parks (remix)

They made a remix to that song??

 

Awesomeness, i'm going to have to check that out.....

 

the original version was a CLASSIC.

it seems a lot of black people I know when talking about "their music" (which is another topic of its own) think only rap and modern R&B (R. Kelly, Jagged Edge, etc.). Why don't they talk about blues and jazz and such?

 

I know plenty of white people who enjoy classic rock, oldies, etc., yet not too many black people I know enjoy listening to B.B. King, or Aretha Franklin, etc. I don't understand. It seems to only be cool to be blastin the newest rap song that just hit the radios or is off the newest cd in their car.

probably because the black people you know are young. talk to adult black people and some young black people that are like you, and theyll probably talk about BB and other blues artists, aretha, marvin, teddy pendergrass, donny hathaway, the temptations, prince and other old school artists.

 

not all white people like the old stuff either

theirs something that is considered latino music, "my music", but i never listen to it

it seems a lot of black people I know when talking about "their music" (which is another topic of its own) think only rap and modern R&B (R. Kelly, Jagged Edge, etc.). Why don't they talk about blues and jazz and such?

 

I know plenty of white people who enjoy classic rock, oldies, etc., yet not too many black people I know enjoy listening to B.B. King, or Aretha Franklin, etc. I don't understand. It seems to only be cool to be blastin the newest rap song that just hit the radios or is off the newest cd in their car.

Must be talking to relative young people in their late 20's to early 30's.In reality most of the Older black folks are not into Rap or like it at all.

i meant younger black people. Obviously older black folk would listen to music of their time just like older white folk do.

 

I should have specified that I meant younger blacks. How come there seems to be more white people into classic rock, oldies, etc. than there are black people who are into older "black music" (I dont like to use that term, since music is for everyone, but yall know what I mean).

unfortunatly its true ... you ask a young african american who james brown and they wont knwo who he is.... sad but true.

 

im 22 and geez you can go through my records and you'll find deep purple, to elvis costello, to tom petty to the beatles, to the smiths ... those are not exactly in my generation.

 

Black people can't even play instruments now ... its really sad ... Mtv and bling bling are ruining such a rich history in music.

it's true. It really is. It is a product of the MTV/BET generation. Black Entertainment Television. What do we get? 50 Cent and R. Kelly. I bet they don't even know who Clarence Clemons is.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.