Marlins win the series

Ramp

Is it me or has Cabs closed up his stance a lot more since from last year. Even though I know they kept closing his stance when he came up last year but now its practicaly closed.

yea i noticed that. i also noticed hes gotten alot BIGGER from last season.

I have to disagree a tad on Choi. He had a broken bat flyball to the OF, a solid line drive to the gap that was caught and a hard shot to 1B. Yes they are all outs but it sure is better to see than 3 k's.

Lets also not forget his defensive play at 1B on the Mike Lowell throw. For all the grief he has taken that he is not D Lee glove wise, let's give him credit for his glove when he deserves it.

Is it me or has Cabs closed up his stance a lot more since from last year. Even though I know they kept closing his stance when he came up last year but now its practicaly closed.

yea i noticed that. i also noticed hes gotten alot BIGGER from last season. Yeah I noticed that too. They said his body just matured more because remeber hes only 20 and they said he was still coming into his body.

The Good:

Benitez- nice 1-2-3 inning

DTrizzle- wicked awesome

Lowell- 2 extra base hits including a jimmy jack

Redmond-2 for 4

The Bad:

Sea Bass

Choi

nice win boys

Sea Bass looked terrible in a few at bats. I was really impressed with how Redmond hit and handled Dontrelle. Good game overall. Looking forward to this series with the Phils

DTRAIN is the real deal. He worked hard during the offseason and even tho he changed his delivery, he was very successful tonite. Getting out of the jams and coming after hitters. This is the way a season should start!

My only disapointment of the night was Conine. No worries, he will get out of slump soon.

D-Train won that game for us tonight. Lowell has been hitting the ball real well so far. Choi had his 1st bad night of the season, but had a good defensive play. Redmond had a night and I think that will push Castro to improve his hitting also. The bullpen held it down again and am real happy to see them keep improving.

Remember Niner is still recovering from his sinus infection. Plus at this point in the year a 3 for 3 can raise a batting average 100 points or a lot more. BBTN says DTrain first pitcher since Hammond to go 3 for 3. How soon they forget last season and the playoffs were he ran himself out of the game going 3 for 3. Note to DTrain please stop the headfirst slides, I know my heart jumps out of my chest every time he does that.

The Good:

Benitez- nice 1-2-3 inning

DTrizzle- wicked awesome

Lowell- 2 extra base hits including a jimmy jack

Redmond-2 for 4

The Bad:

Sea Bass

Choi

nice win boys

Hey Rampiepoo, I agree on Sea Bass but Choi? The guy is hitting the ball HARD. I'm less and less concerned about his bat with every game. He's going to be fine.

Sea Bass looks like he may never see the Mendoza line this year never mind cross it.

Damn, that boy did AMAZING tonight. It's funny because i had just finished reading a post on this board posted b4 the game posting predictions on how Willis was going to pitch tonight. And most of u were waaay off. Dontrelle pitched amazing, hit amazing, and almost made an amazing out by catching a foul ball. He also drove in a run from 2nd. Damn that boy shined tonight!!! And his mother was soo proud of him!

The leg kick is almost completely gone.

From the stretch there is no leg kick at all, at most he lifts his leg a foot or so off the mound.

The only time he does the leg kick is when he's throwing to first on a pick off. Its an easy "tell". He's got to work on that.

The guy really "pitched" tonight, great performance!