Where would you want the Marlins?

g8trz2003

What market would you want the Marlins to move to if for some reason (this is not brought up by any late-breaking news or anything, just a hypothetical question)?

I think Jacksonville would be ideal. They could keep the name Florida Marlins, and they would be in North Florida (which I happen to LOVE...as opposed to So Fla--no offense to yall down there), and they would be 6 hrs closer to Greenville, SC for me.

If they weren't to stay in Florida, I think Charlotte would be cool. Good fans, 2 hrs from Greenville, they already have an NFL team, and are getting an NBA team back. Problem would be breaking away those Brave fans.

Anyway, it's just for fun.

Guest Fritz

Orlando would be nice, but our fanbase is absolutely crappy. Everyone's a Yankees fan and if they're not, they're cheering for the winners. I'd have to say that Tennessee would be nice. I like the facility the Titans have and they are serious sports fanatics in Tennessee. However, they'd have to change their names to the Tennessee Hillbillies or something.

Nashville, TN is hardly hillbilly. East TN maybe.

I thought about Tennessee. Nashville isn't far from Atlanta. I also thought about Birmingham (which is actually bigger than Charlotte), but it's less than 2 hrs from ATL. Orlando is too close to TB I think. If not Nashville, maybe Memphis (although it's far from Greenville, SC lol).

This topic isn't about how great Miami is for the Marlins.? It's about if they were to move outside of So Fla!

:banghead

I know what the thread is asking for,and i say(chapelle's voice) MIAMI b***h!!! will, your "Miami b***h" sh*t can stay outside this thread.

As for PB County....I just like to call everything from Indian River County and up the state of Florida. The rest is just some other state.

I just had another idea. New Orleans would be cool. Real cool. New Orleans and Memphis and Nashville are probably my favorite cities to visit....especially Nawlins. Man that place is sweet, and a baseball team there would be tight.

I see F_M is lurking. What do you think, Tulane boy.

I just had another idea. New Orleans would be cool. Real cool. New Orleans and Memphis and Nashville are probably my favorite cities to visit....especially Nawlins. Man that place is sweet, and a baseball team there would be tight.

I see F_M is lurking. What do you think, Tulane boy.

New Orleans is a pit, a horrid city.

Then of course there's the fact that they are below sea level and the freakin' humidity. Maybe it would be okay in the dome but that would not be a step up for the Fish.

are you serious? Seriously, Willis#1, chillsky. It's past your bedtime or somethin. You're ruining the thread.

The marlins are staying in miami,i just don't see this team nowhere else i will hate it if we move outta miami i won't be able to go to games,and i don't think any of the fan's in miami will be happy but if we get outta miami i just hope it's not to far...

......Pray's for marlin's to have stadium in miami

humidity? I think Miami kinda gets that.

And, there are a lot of slums in New Orleans, but it is an absolute gorgeous city. Wow, this makes me wanna go back and visit again. That place is amazing....and I don't even drink.

I'm not talking about the slums, New Orleans is one of the most bizarre places on earth. I know its not all like the the Quarter, and the single best meal I've ever had was there, but there's an undercurrent, it's not a city that's easy to get used to.

There's so much history there, the Bayou is near (which is freakin badass), and Riverfront is amazing. The Quarter is cool, too. And there are quite a few Southern cities under sea level. Charleston and Savannah come to mind.

Charleston and Savannah are badass cities too.

I'm not much for New Orleans economics, so Das...why do you say that?