Marlins and Heat

Ice Man

anyone realize how similar they are: Group of underratted young talant.

Last year marlins suprise everyone by going to the playoffs

This year, everyone is suprised that the Heat are going to the playoffs:

Marlins beat the Giants...interesting, they'll loose to the cubs...

Heat beat the Hornets...interesting...they'll loose to the pacers...

See what im going at...they even had a coach/manager change...and they both didnt work right away....both teams have amazing rookies...etc...

i see what ya sayin and yea im sure we all noticed how both temas have or are havin a magical season.....

its a cinderellia story.......

but i dont wanna say anything cuz i feel like i'll jinx it... i just wanna let stuff happen as it happens......

All i know is that both teams are amazing and both go against all odds! Even if The Heat don't beat The Pacers *which i'm sure will be a tough series for the Pacers becuz The Heat never give up* they have accomplished soo much! Nobody even expected them to make the playoffs! Nobody even expected them to pass round one! Nobody expected them to even take 1 game from the Pacers... they took 2 instead ;) . 0-7 who would've thunk it? All I know is that they already accomplished soo much! And The Heat is ON!

They're both very similar...

1) Being lead by a rookie DW. Dontrelle Willis and Dwyane Wade.

2) With another great rookie. Cabrera and Haslem.

3) New coach/manager.

4) Bad start, but finished over .500.

5) Two great young guys who have potential but still had lots to prove. Josh Beckett and Lamar Odom.

6) Free agent pick-ups that both have nicknames and were indeed worth it. Pudge and Skip To My Lou.

7) Them grizzled vets. Mike Lowell, Pudge and Eddie Jones, Brian Grant

8) Made it into the play-offs as the 4 seed.

9) Guys who had PLENTY to prove after a decent seasons. Brad Penny, Carl Pavano and Caron Butler, Rasual Butler.

10) A guy no one liked and we all wished he got cut until he did something big. Todd Hollandsworth (Until he hit that game tying Home Run in Montreal) and Malik Allen. (His defense and jumper have been key in the second round)

11) Likeable bench players. Mordecai, Fox and Coles, ZhiZhi.

12) Both get no respect at all and despite proving everyone wrong MULTIPLE times, they are still not talked about.

13) Both had the best record after a certain date. Marlins = Best record sine May 23rd, Heat = Best record since All-Star Break.

14) They both have plenty of bandwagoners. ^_^

Yeah.

yeah the heat prob. wont win the title and the marlins did win it all but the point is that not a lot of ppl expected the heat to get this far and they have...the same thing goes for with the marlins....barely anyone even expected them to make the playoffs

the heat wont win the title.

print that.

sorry.

Yeah, thats why this comparision has always bothered me. The Marlins were a contender. Quite frankly, the Heat are a pretender. They're not going anywhere. well the reason why they are a comparable is bc. they still have a lot of things the same and I dont think that the point of why the are the same is bc the marlins won it all but the point is that the marlins went further than alot of people thought they would and the heat have done the same thing so as far as accomplishing things the heat and the marlins have both done a lot.

:thumbup

print that.

sorry.

Yeah, thats why this comparision has always bothered me. The Marlins were a contender. Quite frankly, the Heat are a pretender. They're not going anywhere. well the reason why they are a comparable is bc. they still have a lot of things the same and I dont think that the point of why the are the same is bc the marlins won it all but the point is that the marlins went further than alot of people thought they would and the heat have done the same thing so as far as accomplishing things the heat and the marlins have both done a lot.

:thumbup Yeah of course anybody can see the similarities but the Marlins will have done much more than the Heat.

print that.

sorry.

:thumbup Yeah of course anybody can see the similarities but the Marlins will have done much more than the Heat. but hopefully the heat will be able to win it all just like the Marlins but I dont think it will happen...but they are getting the job done atleast at home

:thumbup

Heat are going to shock some people, they are a very good team in the making.

I actually picked them to make the playoffs this year and make some noise. I also picked the Marlins last year to go to the World Series - and not as a 'homer' either.

This Heat team is special. I dont know if they will do it all last year, but stay tuned. You never know.

Heat and Marlins - just an impecable combination. My two favorite teams.

print that.

sorry.

Derek Fisher.

Nuff said. impossible to catch, turn and shoot in .4

its ALWAYS been the mindset that you can only catch and shoot with taht much time...nothing else.

but what can i say....you move on to game 6.

nice to see the spurs filing their official protest......

wont help....but its still nice to see.

They said "The Heat just physically can't win, the Pacers are just too big and they're too small"... that's where speed comes in. Miami has some major speed and moves. Too short? Is that why Wade DUNKED right over oneal!!!

Wade might have dunked over O'Neal but that's not gonna stop JO from scoring in the paint and being a force. We don't have that kind of force to do the same thing on regular basis, we have to depend on jumpers. We also don't have that type of post player to stop JO, the Pacers were just stupid to stop giving him the ball. BG is doing a great job on him but that still isn't enough to stop this guy.

I expect the ball to go to JO even more than in Game 4 now. We gotta make sure he's not too far in the lane and BG needs to do just do his best. Good Luck.

And Das, nobody said the Heat were gonna win it all - we all know that. That's not what the comparison is supposed to be about. It's supposed to say look at south florida teams who got a new coach, got their act together halfway, is young & has rookies leading them, and made the playoffs all when nobody believed in them.