Alex Gonzalez....

fishfan25

he got some hits today finally. i think he got two- a single and a double.

it's all coming together but i bet in a week i will be saying he sucks again cuz today was either a lucky day or this streak will go on for a little while and then he will be in another one of his slumps.

also.......no doughnuts..... :(

A-Gon has twice left the bases loaded this season and both times he didn't even get a run home. No outs either. He's not clutch, and can't hit a fastball if his life depended on it.

Now he get's 2 hits today and we're all back on his bandwagon. Let's wait for him to strike out again when we need a hit most. Then we'll all jump right back off demanding for trades, Valdez to be called up, and Cabs to go back to SS.

Let's face it, the guy has a slow bat and he proved that today when he went 2-2 against a knuckleballer. He seems to go 2-4 one day a week and everyone starts loving him again.

Oh well.

nothing like hating on a guy for having a good game

and most of us are happy he is contributing right now, we are on his bandwagon

I hate on Gonzo because of all his bad games.

4 or 5 good games is not better than 25 bad ones.

I don't want to hate him, but he's so bad.

But like most, I'm on the wagon.

The puzzling thing about Gonzalez is he has the ability to be a good hitter.

If he would just stay back on the ball he would hit quite well.

He gets in trouble when he lunges at pitches low and away.....learn to stop doing that and he hit. IMHO.

WHY DOES EVEYRONE KEEP SAYING THAT!?

Even after he does come through in the clutch, is an automatic out, leaves the bases loaded, and swings at every pitch outside. You people continue to say anything from his bat is a plus which is ridiculous. He's a major league hitter. If you can't even bat .200 you don't deserve to be in the majors as a position player.

Hopefully he can at least hit .250 this year. But don't expect 10 walks.

Because every team in the league has someone like Alex, a poor hitter they keep out there for defense.

The problem has not been Alex. The problem is that Castro/Redmond, Conine, Choi, and Luiy had not been hitting like we expected them to. We, like most teams, can deal with a few players in a slump every now and again, but not half your lineup.

i'm pretty sure Alex can hit for above .200...especially since he's done it every season (except for his first season, in which he only played 25 games), and is above .200 this season as well. The guy had a bad 1st month and a half. Give him a break. Let him bat .240 and save runs at SS and get us out of innings with DPs.

Seriously, Uberubi, you need to quit with the hating...he has a good game, and you say sh*t like

A-Gon has twice left the bases loaded this season and both times he didn't even get a run home. No outs either. He's not clutch, and can't hit a fastball if his life depended on it.

and

Let's face it, the guy has a slow bat and he proved that today when he went 2-2 against a knuckleballer. He seems to go 2-4 one day a week and everyone starts loving him again.

what the f*ck? You, my friend are a Negative Nancy.

i'm pretty sure Alex can hit for above .200...especially since he's done it every season (except for his first season, in which he only played 25 games), and is above .200 this season as well. The guy had a bad 1st month and a half. Give him a break. Let him bat .240 and save runs at SS and get us out of innings with DPs.

Seriously, Uberubi, you need to quit with the hating...he has a good game, and you say sh*t like

and

what the f*ck? You, my friend are a Negative Nancy. Yeah, I'm happy he has a good game. I don't want him to suck, but he does. But he has way more bad games than good ones.

lol, everyone does. This is a game where getting a hit 1 out of every 3 ABs is considered amazing. This is a game where going the whole season and getting a hit as much as you get an out is IMPOSSIBLE.

I know 1 of 3 is good but A-Gon doesn't do that.

He's 0 fer.

Multiple times.