Mermaids...

They looked sharp yesterday,until they started dancing...i was in my seat lmao because i was just imagining what angeleyez and every one else that know the mermaids got no talent were thinking.But hey they've improved,they're better than the cheerleaders in my cousins school i remember we went to a basketball game and they threw a cheerleader up and no-one caught her lmao!

The little routines they do before games in front of the dugouts are just horrible, not choreographed well at all and it seems like half of them don't even know the routine.

They need to get rid of all the Mermaids and brind in some professional dancers and a professional choreographer, the stuff they're doing now is a total joke. That "everybody do the fish" thing is pretty funny, in a bad pathetic way though. It's like everyone in seats are laughing at them when they "do the fish" and when the Mermaids are doing it they've got this embarrassed look on their faces, they really should have trashed that song a long time ago.

They're good looking, don't get me wrong, but they aren't talented at all.

Mermaid are very fine. Thats all i got to say.

Fine? Yes. Talented? Not at all.

Does anyone else find that "everybody do the fish" song incredibly stupid? It's like everyone in attendance is laughing at them when they do it, it's just awful. And when the Mermaids "do the fish" they have this very embarassed look on their face. That song is Marlin's Tradition, And was played last year during the stretch for the first time in a while.

In the lower level they came down the aisles and basically did like a little parade and said "Go Marlins, Go Marlins, WHOOOOO, Go Marlins". This has got to stop. I've seen high school cheerleaders with better chants. Before the game they were doing some dance and they had like 20 of them lined up on the 3rd Base coach's box, which is way too much, there shouldn't be that many people lined up together, it looks a little crowded. Well, anyways, half of them looked disinterested and there was no chemistry.

What bothers me is this team is supposed to be on a budget, but we have enough money to get these girls 3 outfits in a little more than a year, and stuff like that.

The Mermaids look nice, but it ends there.

I realize I'm in the minority but nonetheless I think the idea of Marlins cheerleaders is a terrific one.

The current crop of Mermaids are a huge improvement over last season's. Next year's Mermaids may have a completely different appeal. My observations tell me wives don't appreciate the drooling husband syndrome.

Let's see how good they are by the time we move into a new stadium without being critical of everyone all the time. The idea of having cheerleaders isn't a bad one, they just haven't gotten it right yet.

They will.

The idea of having cheerleaders isn't a bad one

Yes it is, cheerleaders don't belong in baseball. Even if they did have good routines, good chants, and whatnot (which they don't), they STILL do not belong in baseball regardless. Abner Doubleday must be rolling over in his grave after every Marlins game, you don't mess with baseball tradition like this.

Does anyone else find that "everybody do the fish" song incredibly stupid? It's like everyone in attendance is laughing at them when they do it, it's just awful. And when the Mermaids "do the fish" they have this very embarassed look on their face. That song is Marlin's Tradition, And was played last year during the stretch for the first time in a while. How can you trash that song. That is one of the highlights of the game and I love that they have brought that back. All the "new" fans that sit by me have no clue what is going on but I still stand up and do the fish despite everybody laughing at me. Hopefully by the end of the season they will all learn it and down the stretch we can have all of PPS doing the fish. :D Yea Yea

Does anyone else find that "everybody do the fish" song incredibly stupid? It's like everyone in attendance is laughing at them when they do it, it's just awful. And when the Mermaids "do the fish" they have this very embarassed look on their face. That song is Marlin's Tradition, And was played last year during the stretch for the first time in a while. How can you trash that song. That is one of the highlights of the game and I love that they have brought that back. All the "new" fans that sit by me have no clue what is going on but I still stand up and do the fish despite everybody laughing at me. Hopefully by the end of the season they will all learn it and down the stretch we can have all of PPS doing the fish. :D Yea Yea Nah, let's move on. Oh well, it was better than that "Fin" song.

In the lower level they came down the aisles and basically did like a little parade and said "Go Marlins, Go Marlins, WHOOOOO, Go Marlins". This has got to stop. I've seen high school cheerleaders with better chants. Before the game they were doing some dance and they had like 20 of them lined up on the 3rd Base coach's box, which is way too much, there shouldn't be that many people lined up together, it looks a little crowded. Well, anyways, half of them looked disinterested and there was no chemistry.

What bothers me is this team is supposed to be on a budget, but we have enough money to get these girls 3 outfits in a little more than a year, and stuff like that.

The Mermaids look nice, but it ends there.

omg watching the mermaids walk up and down the aisle chanting garbage made me wanna puke

theyre awful, just awful. at least last years group only showed up when there was some contest or stuff like that. this years group is trying to be cheerleaders. the result has been disastrous. this has got to stop

dont call me a fag for saying this, but i drive an hour and pay $10 for parking, $20 for food, and $10 for food, i wanna see some baseball, not some cheerleaders

we spend money on them but we cant have a solid bullpen? somethings wrong there

They looked sharp yesterday,until they started dancing...i was in my seat lmao because i was just imagining what angeleyez and every one else that know the mermaids got no talent were thinking.But hey they've improved,they're better than the cheerleaders in my cousins school i remember we went to a basketball game and they threw a cheerleader up and no-one caught her lmao!

I mind the mermaids, aren`t we the only MLB team that has them? With all the practicing it takes them to get those 'moves' down, you'd think they;d be more appreciated ,but I just can't stand them.

Improvement from last year or not... they still can't dance.

Lmao, did anybody see when Craig was interviewing one of them about the russian doll (this was during the last astros game)? Every single question that he asked her she answered "Oh yea" . She said it about 15 times i couldn't stop laughing it was like that's the only thing she knew how to say. "oh yea" OOooH yea" "OH...yea" "OH YEAH" Then they have that corny *i dont wanna be here* smile... :lol

Improvement from last year or not... they still can't dance.

Lmao, did anybody see when Craig was interviewing one of them about the russian doll (this was during the last astros game)? Every single question that he asked her she answered "Oh yea" . She said it about 15 times i couldn't stop laughing it was like that's the only thing she knew how to say. "oh yea" OOooH yea" "OH...yea" "OH YEAH" Then they have that corny *i dont wanna be here* smile... :lol

Yeah, that s*** was annoying as hell. I think Craig told her something that wasn't even a question and she was like "Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhh."