OMGNunez

legacyofCangelosi

I have two questions? Nunez has often been brought into trade talks and rightfully so considering he may be worth trading while he has value, however, does anyone think we should keep him so he can be our starting LF (or RF is they switch cabrera to left) of the near future, say next year or two years from now? And secondly I missed the post somewhere, why do you guys call him OMGNunez

Guest Juanky

I think he is worth keeping, I am in favor of him starting, I just am not in favor of him starting in favor of Choi.

He is called OMNUNEZ because after Spring Training everyone was going ga-ga over him.

The only thing is that if come july if our bullpen struggles he may be our best trade bait, I once thought packaging cordero with someone else might be useful but cordero now has this injury. And what about pavano, resigning him after the year may not be possible due to budget and he can defintely get us some quality people if we trade him. (not saying we should but if)

he is not trade bait.

he has no value

Exactly. To put it more bluntly, the only people in MLB who want to see Nunez starting anywhere are on this board.

He's a nice 4th OF though, can play all 3 positions, switch hitter, good pinch runner. Personally if I was him I'd be taking infield and trying to add more positions. Switch hitting utility guys, there's a market for that.

he will be 29 or 30 then.

OMGNUNEZ will in almost all likliehood be a career bench player....

provided he stays in teh leauge long term.

OMG, he'll be 29 !!!!! lololol

For the record, Barry Bonds is 40. I could name a ton of players (some obviously better than others) that played in their late thirties and forties. If the Marlins can get three to five years of MLB from Nunez he will have been worth the investment.

If Nunez hadn't got 3 years older overnight back during the birth certificate revolution, these conversations would make alot more sense. As it is its hard to understand how people are so infatuated with a guy that can't even be considered a prospect anymore. He's matured, in all probability this is what he is, i.e. a bench player.

If Nunez hadn't got 3 years older overnight back during the birth certificate revolution, these conversations would make alot more sense. As it is its hard to understand how people are so infatuated with a guy that can't even be considered a prospect anymore. He's matured, in all probability this is what he is, i.e. a bench player.

Thank God you'll never be judging talent for a major league team.

Id rather have a slumping, yet intelligent bat in Conine than Nunez and his wild swings

Mr.Incosistency Conine?

I rather give Nunez a shot. yes, we know what you want

you talk about him everyday

he blows He blows base on his limited role?

He has shown patience,Power and speed.If he gets his fair number of consecutive starts then I'll finally shut up.We won't know if he sucks or not on the bench while an aging struggling veteran is starting.

For the record, Barry Bonds is 40. I could name a ton of players (some obviously better than others) that played in their late thirties and forties. If the Marlins can get three to five years of MLB from Nunez he will have been worth the investment. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry Bonds didnt become an everyday player at 29 neither.

apples and oranges.

that is what you are comparing.

For the record, Barry Bonds is 40. I could name a ton of players (some obviously better than others) that played in their late thirties and forties. If the Marlins can get three to five years of MLB from Nunez he will have been worth the investment. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry Bonds didnt become an everyday player at 29 neither.

apples and oranges.

that is what you are comparing.

My point is anyone who thinks Nunez (or any other 27 year old rookie) is over the hill is a fool.

And as for Bonds, for those you with an IQ that matches your age, the fact that he is 40 shows the longevity a player "can" have.

Who knows what Nunez can or will accomplish? No one, and I'm not holding myself up as a clairvoyant, simply that he has the potential to play for many years if he has the skills to be in the bigs. His handicap may be his skillset not his age.

He has less time to develop his skillset as a result of his age which is the fact you seem to be unable to grasp. Does he have the potential to get better? Sure. But at this stage in his career its not likely.

As for my evaluation of Nunez's talent, I'd bet money it comes closer to matching up to the evaluation of every front office in baseball, including ours, than yours and the rest of Nunez's pimps does.

He has less time to develop his skillset as a result of his age which is the fact you seem to be unable to grasp. Does he have the potential to get better? Sure. But at this stage in his career its not likely.

As for my evaluation of Nunez's talent, I'd bet money it comes closer to matching up to the evaluation of every front office in baseball, including ours, than yours and the rest of Nunez's pimps does.

lolololololololol