Mike Neu Recalled

fauowls44

from CNNSI's transaction page....

Florida Marlins - Placed pitcher Justin Wayne on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 4, with right shoulder tendinitis; purchased the contract of pitcher Mike Neu from Albuquerque of the Pacific Coast League (AAA).

Guest Juanky

What do we know about this guy: Neu?

_

Pitched decently last year while being misused, pitched iffy in ST while hurt, hasn't been pitching in the minors long.

Fastball is probably low 90's, pretty good curve and breaking stuff.

Streaky pitcher so far, let's see if he can get a consistent spur.

Guest Juanky

I was waiting for Neu to be called. we gave up such a good pitcher for this guy, so I have high expectations! We haven't seen him 100% healthy, so this is his first show.

BILL ^&*% MURPHY!!!!!!

I'm sick of defending that deal due to rampant stupidity

Guest Guest

How could you not like this move?! Friggin Wayne is GARBAGE bring in a fresh arm.. Good friggin move!

:plain

Yeah sure, he's horrible. Those games he won for us like that one in Philly when he pitched perfect to get us a win and the game last week when he K'd Mike Piazza and allowed Benitez to only have to go 1 inning... oh and let's not forget that MOST of the time he does bad it's when he's used in 3 or 4 days straight.

Wayne has been fine in the pen. Nobody except Armando has been solid but to say he's garbage is ignorant and I'll expect you to be supporting him for setup man when he returns and does well. Probably say you always supported him also.

Guest Juanky

There's nothing wrong with Wayne. He isn't Eric Gagne but he is a productive arm who gets the job done more often than not. It sucks he got hurt, and I hope Neu takes advantage and puts on a show.

Oh ok he's been there for us a few times. But he hasn't been effective recenty. He pitched well for us against NYM and one game in Cincy and he had a real good April.. but he's just been garbage I don't see Wayne as someone who is going to be of much help to us in the bullpen anymore. He doesn't intimidate anyone, well to me he doesn't but hey we're all entitled to our own opinion but with a 5.53 ERA isn't good Admin I dont care if he won 10 games for us that ERA isn't goin to help us.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.