White Sox= MLB's forgotten cursed team

Guest Moneyball

Guest Moneyball

Everyone knows that the Boston Red Sox and the Chicago Cubs are cursed. But how many casual fans know that the White Sox are cursed? A big deal is not made about the White Sox's curse. We are talking about a team that last won the World Championship in 1917 and only has two titles. Their last American League Championship was in 1959. They haven't been in the playoffs since 1993. Not to mention the team played several homestands in the '60's in Milwaukee and at one point were rumored to on the verge of moving to Milwaukee.

My opinion is that America hates the White Sox. :plain

Guest Moneyball

Well I guess people dont talk about it because they have a reason for the Cubs and Red Sox being cursed but they need to make something up for the White Sox.

SEE: Black Sox Scandal

Guest Moneyball

Exactly. When was the last time they made the WS?

last time i checked the red sox went to the WS after they traded babe ruth.

i agree with you there

the A's the Sawx (( Boston )) NY can beat them in a playoff series.

but hey a division title is a good season...

yeah i know but the cubs and red sox have won the division plenty of times since they last won the world series

so the important thing is to win the world series

and those teams which are considered cursed-remain being considered cursed even if they win the division

bc they have to go all the way and win the ws to not be considered cursed anymore..

once you get to the postseason, anything goes

good point, all teams are equal once they get into the playoffs but still i dont think the white sox will be able to go further even though they just have to beat each one of those teams in a small series.

Well I guess people dont talk about it because they have a reason for the Cubs and Red Sox being cursed but they need to make something up for the White Sox.

You've never heard of the 1919 Black Sox?

The reason I think everyone has forgetten about the ChiSox curse is because baseball itself does not market it and does not want to make people remember about a scandal in which players purposely lost a world series for money and completely destroyed the integrity of the game.

It's not a "fun" type curse like the billygoat or the Babe, it's a curse the current White Sox ownership wants to forget about and it's a curse that damaged the game, however every true baseball fan, especially those who love the history of the game will remember it.

You've never heard of the 1919 Black Sox?

The reason I think everyone has forgetten about the ChiSox curse is because baseball itself does not market it and does not want to make people remember about a scandal in which players purposely lost a world series for money and completely destroyed the integrity of the game.

It's not a "fun" type curse like the billygoat or the Babe, it's a curse the current White Sox ownership wants to forget about and it's a curse that damaged the game, however every true baseball fan, especially those who love the history of the game will remember it. The Reds won that game. :D

Also, it's mentioned heavily in "The Great Gatsby."

They haven't been in the playoffs since 1993

they won the al central in 2000, but your point is still valid

i dont think you can really call the fix a scandal, it was just 8 guys that came together and tarnished baseball, but its weird they havent done much since :confused

The only thing the White Sox are cursed by is a long history of bad ownership, bad luck, and bad teams.

We were in the world series in 1959, and we as a fanbase aren't going to blame our struggles on some BS curse like the Red Sox and Cubs fans do.

Curses don't cause teams to lose, lack of talent and ocacasional bad luck do.

And as for us being America's hated team, your darn right we are, and we have learned to like it. Heck, we are under siege in our own city. :lol

As long as the Sox are there for us to root for, it's all good.

SEE: Black Sox Scandal Exactly. When was the last time they made the WS?Last World Series appearance 1959.

The White Sox and their fans don't want to be known for their failures. They have more pride than that.

No jinx, no curse. No excuses.

good point, all teams are equal once they get into the playoffs but still i dont think the white sox will be able to go further even though they just have to beat each one of those teams in a small series.

And you think this why, exactly?

I thought the same thing about the Marlins last year.....OOPS! :blink:

The Sox are missing a couple pieces, but they are aggressive at making moves and will plug the holes.

They may not be able to win it all as the roster stands today, but they will be serious contenders come October. Count on it.