About White Sox Interactive

crector

As some of you are aware, White Sox Interactive has either banned or suspended the Marlins fans at their forum for the high crimes of (A) sticking up for the Billy Koch trade and (B) sticking up for the Marlins ownership. What you probably are not aware of is that over the years a lot of White Sox fans have also been banned or suspended for simply disagreeing with the positions taken by the alleged moderators there while others, such as myself, have quit posting there. Actually, those moderators are really trolls under any other name.

Here?s a case in point from last fall. After Sox GM Kenny Williams traded career minor leaguer Aaron Miles to the Colorado Rockies for Juan Uribe, there was a great hue and cry amongst Sox fans certain that this was a horrible trade, that the Sox had been ?fleeced.? Well, I looked at the Rockies websites and forums and found that Rockies fans were equally conviced that their team was the one that was ?fleeced? and talked to a couple Rockies fans of my acquaintance who believed that Uribe was a much better player than his stats indicated and that they thought that Uribe was a continually improving player who was literally on the verge of greatness.

Well, I listened to what the Rockies fans had to say and after looking through Uribe?s record in the major and minor leagues and whatever else I could come up with, I decided that they were right. Juan Uribe really was a major pick-up for the White Sox. That being the case, I wrote up a post that summarized my conclusions and placed it on the WSI Forum in the form of a new thread..

The next day, I checked the WSI Forum and found that my post/new thread was missing. I then saw that I had received a msg from one of the moderators. I was informed that my post/thread had been deleted and that if I did that sort of thing again, I would be banned from the forum. In the follow-up, it was revealed that the moderator had determined that my post had been made with the intent of creating controversy on the forum and not for any legitimate reason. In other words, my Uribe post was the work of a troll, not a serious Sox fan.

Now, you are probably wondering just what kind of sense that makes. Well, its like this. The feeling amongst the WSI Staff was that Uribe was a dud, that the GM had screwed up big time was pretty much universal. In other words, there was a consensus, the idea that Uribe was worthless was the conventional wisdom among the WSI Staff. In the view of the staff, everyone who was any sort of legitimate Sox fan ?knew? that this was a bad trade. Therefore, the only persons who would post that this was a great trade, that Uribe was a good player with the potential for greatness, just had to be a troll. Only a troll would write such a post. Since trolls and troll activities have to be severely regulated, the moderator believed that my Uribe post had to be deleted. From what I've heard from other Sox fans, there have been a number of other instances of posts/threads being deleted at WSI simply because they went against the conventional wisdom as defined by the WSI Staff.

Its because of nonsense like this (which has only gotten worse with the passage of time) that I decided to quit posting at WSI. The WSI moderators are often no better than trolls and other delinquents. If anything, the WSI moderators often engage in behavior that?s worse than the crime.

Oh, boy... I go away for eight hours and look what happened!

It took me a while to read through all that, both at WSI and here, to figure out what happened. And it seems to have gone down exactly as crector reported. There is an unfortunate degree of "my sandbox" mentality over there, and it seems to have gotten worse over time.

Because I've been a White Sox fan my entire life, but have lived away from Chicago for more than half of it, WSI is a useful site for me because it keeps me in touch with the fanbase. And... that's about it. There are a few very smart, knowledgable writers over there and I enjoy reading them. The rest of it, well... I think the reception some of you got over there gives you the picture.

I'm disappointed. I really like the Marlins and their fans and I don't appreciate their getting rough handling in the name of "totally biased" Sox fandom. A little ego-inflation seems to have given WSI's proprietors the idea that they speak for all of us. Bad idea.

Yeah, there are a few ChiSox fans that post here now and they are all smart, respectable, perfectly nice posters...

WSI sounds like its going downhill....thats too bad

But If you post white sox related topics in the MLB forum I bet you'll get a lot more responses than you'd expect

peeps on this site seem to be genuily interested in baseball and love talking baseball, whether it is marlins related or not

enjoy your stay!

Yeah, there are a few ChiSox fans that post here now and they are all smart, respectable, perfectly nice posters...

WSI sounds like its going downhill....thats too bad

But If you post white sox related topics in the MLB forum I bet you'll get a lot more responses than you'd expect

peeps on this site seem to be genuily interested in baseball and love talking baseball, whether it is marlins related or not

enjoy your stay!

^^ What he said. :thumbup

The SOBs have banned me. Oh well, now I can't post there...like I was going to anyway.

They edit one of my posts for using the word intolerable and I changed the edit back and now they've banned me. They can go to hell.

CApe did they ban you for your Billy Koch post? That led to it. When I posted that post, they argued with me like barbarians by insulting me saying that the sun has fried our brains and go count your chads.

One Sox poster tried to defend my stance and had his post deleted and was suspended!

The SOBs have banned me. Oh well, now I can't post there...like I was going to anyway.

They edit one of my posts for using the word intolerable and I changed the edit back and now they've banned me. They can go to hell.

CApe did they ban you for your Billy Koch post? That led to it. When I posted that post, they argued with me like barbarians by insulting me saying that the sun has fried our brains and go count your chads.

One Sox poster tried to defend my stance and had his post deleted and was suspended! They must be commies. :p

One Sox poster tried to defend my stance and had his post deleted and was suspended! They must be commies. :p Must be White Sox Commies :mischief

Blinded by their own stupidity. Worse thing is I don't know which mod banned me so I can't approach them like I can Das, Rune or Admin.

One Sox poster tried to defend my stance and had his post deleted and was suspended! They must be commies. :p Must be White Sox Commies :mischief

Blinded by their own stupidity. Worse thing is I don't know which mod banned me so I can't approach them like I can Das, Rune or Admin. I mean Adam is bad but its funny.

At least when people are suspended its for a good reason or its a joking around for an hour like the one Adam gave me and LCastillo a while ago.