Beltran watch is over...

Ramp

nice little 3 way deal here everyone gets what they want without giving much up

Royals get

Teahan 3rd (OAK)

Wood P (OAK)

Buck C (HOU)

two positions they were looking for plus pitcher ... and they move Beltran.

A's get

Dotel P (HOU)

... some $$$ from KC

they get a good pitcher to fill their main need (wish we would have taken a shot at dotel but this deal would have sweeter all the way around) ... and they have Chavez at 3rd for a long time so no need for Teahan who wont be ready till next year... A's need to win now.

Stros get:

Beltran OF (KC)

they get Beltran who has skills beyond belief and fill their only hole at center ... and Biggio who is a lesser defensive player in center moves to LF.

Astros possibly have the sickest team all around ... amazing

two words

GREAT ... TRADE :thumbup

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

nice little 3 way deal here everyone gets what they want without giving much up

Royals:

get Teahan 3rd (OAK)

get Wood C (HOU)

the two positions they were looking for and got a good duo in return ... and beltran is finally gone.

A's get

Dotel P (HOU)

... some $$$ from KC

they get a good pitcher to fill their main need (wish we would have taken a shot at dotel but this deal would have sweeter all the way around) ... and they have Chavez at 3rd for a long time so no need for Teahan who wont be ready till next year... A's need to win now.

Stros get:

Beltran OF (KC)

they get Beltran who has skills beyond belief and fill their only hole at center ... and Biggio who is a lesser defensive player in center moves to LF.

Astros possibly have the sickest team all around ... amazing

two words

GREAT ... TRADE? :thumbup

:notworthy ? :notworthy ? :notworthy

The Royals got pitcher Mike Wood and 3B Mark Teahan from Oakland, and catcher John Buck from Houston

Well, the Astros made out like bandits, although I still don't think they'll win the division. This trade smells more of desperation than loading up...

its both

lets say they were desperate to load up

just a great trade for houston. they only lose a couple of prospects and can easily move brad lidge to closer

Well, the Astros made out like bandits, although I still don't think they'll win the division. This trade smells more of desperation than loading up...

desperation?

... desperation?

anytime you can get talent in the form of a guy like Beltran and only give up Octavio Dotel and a catcher prospect you are doing a good job ... that is certainly not desperation

... plus Brad Lidge seems to be doing AOK in his new job

I too am glad the Beltran sweeps our over.

I dont think this is a good trade for Houston. Yes, I said that. They will have a hard time keeping Beltran beyond this season. And I dont think Beltran is the answer - they just lost Dotel and the Astros need to address their bullpen issues. As of right now, they dont have a real chance of winning their division. Why? Offense is NOT the problem for the Astros. The Cubs have better pitching - and it will only get better as the season goes on and they have a pretty solid offensive team. The Cards STILL have a better offensive unit than the Astros, but not the pitching.

And with that hill out in CF, I dont see Beltran lasting too long.