Coach K to Lakers??????????????????????????????

Coach K has built a fortress in Durham.

He is developing the Emily Krzyzewski Center in Durham as well.

His grandchildren are in Durham.

I think he is using this as leverage to get the NCAA to change some some rules. He isnt going to screw over 24 years of glory for a chance to be a part of the whiniest franchise in all of sports.

Coach K is an outstanding motivator. Not a great Xs and Os kinda guy. I think he would sadly fail miserably in college.

Another interesting note would be that he really tsked at Mike Montgomery taking the Warriors job. I doubt he would be that shallow to leave.

On Wednesday Coach K had an annual press-conferene and discussed the upcoming season. He was looking forward to the challenege, I doubt this was the talk of a man ready to leave for L.A. (Remember these talks have been going on for several days). Again, doesnt seem like he is leaving.

He also wants to be a part of the Duke Basketball 100 year anniversarythis season which he has been a part of for a fourth of.

He has recruited two players in this 2005 recruiting class that he has a very good relationship with and that he recruited and offered scholarships to very early. I do not think he would leave them.

Coach K is a family man, he would have to have 100% approval from his whole family. I dont think he would get anything close to that.

He has spent years getting his house in Durham exactly the way he wanted it as I know someone who is close to the family and speaks with him. I do not think he would leave that home as soon as it was finished after all these levels.

The huge contract doesnt matter to him.

When the best franchise in the top tier of your sport comes calling. You give them their due and time.

Coach K will be back in Durham.

I don't think K will leave. He's using this drama to further his 'legacy'.

Oh well, atleast K will be in attendance to see Duke get their a**es handed to them. Shavlick starting? How many players over 6'6"? :lol How's the back?

436228[/snapback]

Twerp fans are always ripe with jokes.

Very easy to joke when you see something blow up in your rivals' face. This is the product of years of promising highly-touted recruits everything and recruiting over players (pss... Michael Thompson).

Or maybe it's just that there wasn't a job and huge bonus available for Shawn Livingston's mother. :lol

Very easy to joke when you see something blow up in your rivals' face. This is the product of years of promising highly-touted recruits everything and recruiting over players (pss... Michael Thompson).

Or maybe it's just that there wasn't a job and huge bonus available for Shawn Livingston's mother. :lol

436819[/snapback]

Even funnier how SL did not grow up with his mother. Down right hillarious. :thumbdown

436819[/snapback]

Even funnier how SL did not grow up with his mother. Down right hillarious. :thumbdown

436841[/snapback]

one word: pwnage

The Lakers have offered coach K $ 40 million over 5 years, so it is a serious offer.

437319[/snapback]

Yeah, Coach K would be so selfish to take that money, 8 million a year for 5 years, setting his family, kids, grandkids, and great grandkids for life.....

:rolleyes:

a few years ago, k whouldve shot any offer down in a millisecond. now hes taking the weekend to decide. its all because of guys like luol deng and shaun livingston (early entries) that have disenchanted college coaches

and if he does stick around in durham, after looking at this lineup, his "bad back" will flare up again

I just saw video footage of the rally in Durham. Ugly Duke nerds out in full force with their cheer sheets banging on drums and dancing around.

Seriously you can't make this stuff up.

438057[/snapback]

I saw that. Wouldn't that make you want to leave?

I just saw video footage of the rally in Durham. Ugly Duke nerds out in full force with their cheer sheets banging on drums and dancing around.

438057[/snapback]

I saw that. Wouldn't that make you want to leave?

438191[/snapback]

:lol :lol :lol

I'd make me wanna run for the hills, that's for sure.

All the Dookies have other than Academics is baseketball, so if Kyreicazeski or however you spell his last name goes to the NBA, what will they do? Study more?

:lol

438057[/snapback]

That's so Maryland. Bash Duke kids because they're smart (some of them, anyway), and then bash them for giving a s***.

Why don't you head over to Durham, and start flipping cars and lighting them on fire? Be sure to bring some bottles to throw at players' parents' heads.

I don't really mean to lump you in with the Maryland fan persona, but I can't really see what's so wrong with a bunch of kids doing what they can to convince Coach K to stay. I wonder what MD fans would do if Gary Williams left.

We'd hold a drunken riot of course. And then wait for toothless NC State fans to come throw bottles at us and call us classless thugs.

But you're missing the point here... K is leaving and taking the Kool-aid with him. Question is does Duke fall as an academic institution because even nerds want something to cheer for or rise by losing the rapists, potheads and spousal abusers on the basketball team?

But you're missing the point here... K is leaving and taking the Kool-aid with him. Question is does Duke fall as an academic institution because even nerds want something to cheer for or rise by losing the rapists, potheads and spousal abusers on the basketball team?

438496[/snapback]

I don't think that's really the point, is it? I mean if you want to make the main point Duke's stature as an academic institution, I'd be happy to take that up with you separately and privately. I'm sorry that you categorize all Dukies as nerds, presumably for the sole reason that they were smart or talented enough to gain admission. And I'm sorry that you use the term "nerd" derisively, since there's nothing wrong at all with being a nerd. Nerds pretty much run this planet.

Duke will continue to be Duke, with or without Coach K, but we'll miss him if he leaves.

And I still don't think he will.

Guys, we saw the tape. Nerds are pleading for Coach K to stay. No offense, but they were nerds.

438853[/snapback]

Whatever. Then we're all nerds at Duke. You guys win. I'd have been there if I lived within 5 hours.

And you should have seen us before the UNC game this year. You want to talk about nerdy...

Guys, we saw the tape. Nerds are pleading for Coach K to stay. No offense, but they were nerds.

438853[/snapback]

Thats an added recruitment incentive for coach K.....to get away from the nerds, go to L.A. and be with the stars!

Be with the stars and $ 8 million a year, it's a done deal.

:lol :thumbup :hat :hat