All Star Break

CapeFish

...As the clouds parted, the Voice from above said, "The Marlins Shall Have Won More Games or the Exact Amount Of Games By The All Star Break Than They Have Lost In The 2003 Season." Upon those words, the land rejoiced and filled Pro Player Stadium to capacity.

:marlins

Anyone who voted above .500 actually take a look at their schedule?

After cream-puff Rays the Marlins get creamed. They play the sub .500 Mets (on the road, yikes!) and then the BoSox (on the road, double yikes!!), then come home to play the Braves.

But the worst part is their 10 day, 9 game roadie before the break against Philly, the Cubs and the Spos, all who have +.500 records.

15 of the remaining 21 games are against +.500 teams.

I think if we survive and stay around 5-7 games under it would be a great record.

-Marlins do well in interleague, Red Sox historically die in interleague play! They try to play NL-style ball, but Fish defend well and play NL-style ball better.

-The RAYS ARE NOT CREAMPUFFS ask the Yankees, Red Sox, Orioles, and Blue Jays! They are a young team that plays hard, the problem is they are not well developed. If they get in a groove we will see a repeat of last year's series Marlins 2- Rays 4.

-Fish kill Braves just as much as they kill us. (Down with Smoltz)

-Cubbies are scuffling right now, let's hope they keep it up or get worse when Sammy rejoins them. (Why Sammy Why?)

-Philly is looking like a kitten now compared to a lion at the start of the season. Texas provides more offense. The Braves have better pitching than the Phils.

(Game Sound @ the Vet- Phils:Meow! Croud:BOOOOOOOO!)

-Les Spos are on and off again like the Fish, that may be the hardest series in the schedule ahead. They will get worn down.

I'm not! Boston isn't very good in interleague play, we are.

But we know Atlanta much more than we know the BoSox... So...

it's in Boston so I dont think they will be affected too much...

i think they went 9-1 in interleague this year so far

Well historically the BoSox haven't been that good...

I just hope we can do well... That's really all we can ask for going into a stretch like that...

Historically The Sox have already fallen behind The Yanks after a good start...

This Red Sox team is a whole new team with A Rotation that is just plain deadly.

The Phillies have a lineup that is deadly for pitchers. But since they are kittens now due to bad performances in interleague, they have fallen back alot and the fish have a chance of passing them in this stretch.

Phils: Meowwwwww! Fans:BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Boo Down The Vet! Move to Citizen's Bank Park already LOL :D

The Phillies have a lineup that is deadly for pitchers. But since they are kittens now due to bad performances in interleague, they have fallen back alot and the fish have a chance of passing them in this stretch.

Phils: Meowwwwww! Fans:BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Boo Down The Vet! Move to Citizen's Bank Park already LOL :D

Don't remind me of that name, It's horrible! :p

Well, I'll try to live up to your expectations and boo The Hell out of The Fish on The Fifth :cool :p

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.