Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Justin Wayne called up

Featured Replies

yea.. I understand makes sense, but this Murphy guy I've been hearin about could he start? Or is he Relief help. I just would like to see something different, something no hitter probably hasn't seen.

I'd rather start Manzy and see how far he can go.

 

Justin will probably get torched.

471659[/snapback]

 

 

Yea I had that feeling about Bump starting and he did just that , Wayne gives me that same feeling.. Manzy starting :mischief2 I wonder if that is even possible.. I wanna see what this Murphy guy can do

does anyone know whatever happened to phelps?

 

is he still hurt?

 

i don't feel too bad about this decision since, in my mind, we really only had wayne and phelps to choose from.

I think they should have given Bump the start! They should have told him after his last start and had him prepare accordingly instead of telling someone the day before. Jack has this BP so screwed up it isn't funny. I think Jack is a ONE-YEAR manager. His next year always sucks. I like Wayne but he has done poorly in Alb.

does anyone know whatever happened to phelps?

 

is he still hurt?

 

i don't feel too bad about this decision since, in my mind, we really only had wayne and phelps to choose from.

471662[/snapback]

 

Phelps had surgery. Probably from being misused. Another Jack MO.

Awesome.

471630[/snapback]

He stinks. He's done lousy in AAA.

Same old inept shuffling of losers (or guys no way ready.)

Same old inept FO shuffling that we didn't see in years before.

I think (pray) there is a surprising trade coming up.

It's getting down to last minute.

I'm ready to have Koch start and not take him out for seven innings.

Sink or swim. Suck or not. Let's hit bottom so we can go up.

I have a feeling Justin will pitch well. He is a lot better than Bump and Oliver. Although the Expos have gotten better as Tony Batista and Nick Johnson have come back from injuries.

Awesome.

471630[/snapback]

He stinks. He's done lousy in AAA.

Same old inept shuffling of losers (or guys no way ready.)

Same old inept FO shuffling that we didn't see in years before.

I think (pray) there is a surprising trade coming up.

It's getting down to last minute.

I'm ready to have Koch start and not take him out for seven innings.

Sink or swim. Suck or not. Let's hit bottom so we can go up.

471685[/snapback]

Totally agree with you :thumbdown

Let him bomb first. This is how most of you were before and during Spring Training when I was telling you he would help the team. Then when he started the year with 12 scoreless innings in a row... all of the sudden everyone stopped complaining.

Exactly. He was doing very well in middle relief then after one bad outing was thrown into long relief for awhile. Pitching once a week he was very solid until McKeon tried to turn him into our setup man. Three consecutive nights of pitching later, his ERA had jumped and his shoulder was aching.

god damnit everyone aruond here just complains

 

you cant expect everyone that we bring up from the minors to throw 7 shutout innings

 

justin wayne did a great job at the start of this season, towards the end he didnt do well but it may have been due to injury

Why not just give the guy a chance and see how he does before we freak out? I would be happy with five or six solid innings, nothing spectacular.

 

I am feeling optimistic about this.

Here's the bottom line. We've let a bunch of different AAA starters/MLB relievers start(Bump, Tejera, Phelps) and they've, as my 12 year old sister says "Stunk on ice". I'm so convinced these guys can't start, that I'd rather give the ball to Oliver...at least he won a few games while starting.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.