Players have no faith in...

management. Thats the word going around the clubhouse. If after today the organization doesn't pull the trigger on a bat...then I believe this and as well some in that clubhouse that the season is lost.

475112[/snapback]

Thanks Ed. Hopefully they make a move today. Like right now Beinfest should be working the phones. Once the players lose faith in the management then hello under .500 record.

They were good enough to get 10 games over in the first part of the season. The only reason they're not good enough now is that they've completely lost heart. Is one bat going to make them better than Montreal and Pittsburgh? Aren't these teams you should beat if you're going to win the division? Why should the front office trade away prospects for a bat when we can't beat Montreal and Pittsburgh?

They were good enough to get 10 games over in the first part of the season. The only reason they're not good enough now is that they've completely lost heart. Is one bat going to make them better than Montreal and Pittsburgh? Aren't these teams you should beat if you're going to win the division? Why should the front office trade away prospects for a bat when we can't beat Montreal and Pittsburgh?

475207[/snapback]

:thumbup ditto :thumbup

They were good enough to get 10 games over in the first part of the season.? The only reason they're not good enough now is that they've completely lost heart.? Is one bat going to make them better than Montreal and Pittsburgh?? Aren't these teams you should beat if you're going to win the division?? Why should the front office trade away prospects for a bat when we can't beat Montreal and Pittsburgh?

475207[/snapback]

:thumbup ditto :thumbup

475229[/snapback]

Well then if that's the case we should start to shop Pavano and Benitez. We have to start building up our farm system once again.

Also last year the team started playing really while when Lowell was taken off the market (even though he was never shop) in the eyes of the players. Included the trade for UU. The team got a boost and we know the rest of the story.

I am afraid the problem may then be that we have losers in this clubhouse. Go out and Get Admin Walker, how does that make anyone else in the lineup get a hit in the first 6 innings? How does adding Steve Finley get Miguel Cabrera to go from 1st to 3rd on what should have been a double for Choi (and would have prevented a DP when Gonzalez was at bat).

If we lose 3 games to 1 to the Philies we will be 6 1/2+ out. In my opinion you don't mortgage the future on that. Unless they make a deal today I believe our season could possibly end with this Phillies series and followed by us being sellers at the trade deadline.

Well then if that's the case we should start to shop Pavano and Benitez. We have to start pulling up or farm system once again.

Also last year the team started playing really while when Lowell was taken off the market (even though he was never shop) in the eyes of the players. Included the trade for UU. The team got a boost and we know the rest of the story.

475254[/snapback]

It's generally believed that if the team plays well, they're not going to deal away any players. But that doesn't seem to be enough to get them to play well. I've never heard of a team, a defending champion no less, so dependent on a front office to make their season. I'm really sick of hearing about it.

I am afraid the problem may then be that we have losers in this clubhouse. Go out and Get Admin Walker, how does that make anyone else in the lineup get a hit in the first 6 innings? How does adding Steve Finley get Miguel Cabrera to go from 1st to 3rd on what should have been a double for Choi (and would have prevented a DP when Gonzalez was at bat).

If we lose 3 games to 1 to the Philies we will be 6 1/2+ out. In my opinion you don't mortgage the future on that. Unless they make a deal today I believe our season could possibly end with this Phillies series and followed by us being sellers at the trade deadline.

475258[/snapback]

I think that harsh, I believe it has more to do with those guys being followers NOT leaders. They need a leader to follow. JMO

Guest Jack1

management. Thats the word going around the clubhouse. If after today the organization doesn't pull the trigger on a bat...then I believe this and as well some in that clubhouse that the season is lost.

475112[/snapback]

ditto

Guest Jack1

The problem is that there are NO leaders on this team. Pudge was the leader last year! He is missed in more ways than one. It's too bad that the FO was so blind to his leadership!

The problem is that there are NO leaders on this team. Pudge was the leader last year! He is missed in more ways than one. It's too bad that the FO was so blind to his leadership!

475269[/snapback]

I could have sworn we offered him a deal, he wanted more money and went elsewhere

Well then if that's the case we should start to shop Pavano and Benitez. We have to start pulling up or farm system once again.

475254[/snapback]

It's generally believed that if the team plays well, they're not going to deal away any players. But that doesn't seem to be enough to get them to play well. I've never heard of a team, a defending champion no less, so dependent on a front office to make their season. I'm really sick of hearing about it.

475262[/snapback]

Well it was management who didn't replace those parts to that beauitful machine we had last year. Its not the same team, lets make clear. The most they could do is replace some of those parts now and see what happens.

475258[/snapback]

I think that harsh, I believe it has more to do with those guys being followers NOT leaders. They need a leader to follow. JMO

475265[/snapback]

I don't mean losers as in "what a bunch of losers." I mean losers as in a bunch of players that are waiting for something to happen instead of making things happen. Bottom line is that in baseball when you step to the plate you are the leader. Having Admin Walker or Steve Finley on the bench waiting to bat does not make it any easier to get a hit. We have players waiting to lose instead of looking for the opportunity to win.

How many games do we rally in the 8th or 9th? What happens in innings 1-7?

475254[/snapback]

475262[/snapback]

Well it was management who didn't replace those parts to that beauitful machine we had last year. Its not the same team, lets make clear. The most they could do is replace some of those parts now and see what happens.

475274[/snapback]

Wow, what a pile of crap!

Funny, as mentioned above, there was none of this talk when the team was 10 games over .500. Playing the blame game is what I expect from Mike Berardino not from the Fish.

475254[/snapback]

475262[/snapback]

475274[/snapback]

Wow, what a pile of crap!

Funny, as mentioned above, there was none of this talk when the team was 10 games over .500. Playing the blame game is what I expect from Mike Berardino not from the Fish.

475300[/snapback]

tell me what you really think 2003...anyways with that theory Pittsburgh and Tampa fans should be saying the same thing after double digit win streaks

475269[/snapback]

I could have sworn we offered him a deal, he wanted more money and went elsewhere

475270[/snapback]

The deal we were offering him was a paycut of his current salary which is pretty much an insult to someone that carried this team to a world series championship, was by far the best player, a leader, and a franchise player.

I don't blame Pudge for not taking it Loria/Beinfest's offer, all he was asking for was the same amount of money he was currently making except a 4 year extension. He never demanded more money, he just wasn't willing to take a huge paycut after carrying this team to a world series.

I blame Loria and Beinfest for not doing WHATEVER IT TAKES to resign him and frankly we unloaded other players with big contracts like D-Lee so there really was no reason why Loria couldn't offer Pudge the same amount of money he was already making.

But when you think about it, there is no income tax in Florida unlike in Michigan, so even though he would have received a paycut here in Florida the difference he actually receives in the end isn't all that much of a difference due to taxes.

The deal we were offering him was a paycut of his current salary which is pretty much an insult to someone that carried this team to a world series championship, was by far the best player, a leader, and a franchise player.475341[/snapback]

Another problem with the Pudge deal is that it was 4 years of guaranteed money and was too much of a financial risk for a team like the Marlins.

Guest Jack1

The problem is that there are NO leaders on this team.? Pudge was the leader last year!? He is missed in more ways than one.? It's too bad that the FO was so blind to his leadership!

475269[/snapback]

475270[/snapback]

Yes, you're right. He wanted to make at least the $10 million he made last year. I don't blame him. He had a stellar year and without him NO WORLD SERIES WIN!! They offered him...what 3 years $25 million? That is a cut! I know it's a lot of money but if they had offered 3 years $30 million....I bet he would have stayed. He just wanted to at least make what he made last year.