Players have no faith in...

management. Thats the word going around the clubhouse. If after today the organization doesn't pull the trigger on a bat...then I believe this and as well some in that clubhouse that the season is lost.

475112[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I agree. I think McKeon has overstayed his welcome and has really pushed this team into a tough position. Winning changes everything, sure. But McKeon has not been very smart with a lot of his moves and his gambles havent paid off. What is more, the team seems to be losing confidence in his grumpy ways.

The Marlins do need some life injected into them. It is a stretch, but they could do that by firing McKeon and giving the reins to Doug Davis - who is ready in my opinion. But that would probably be too drastic and wont happen. That would be almost as shocking as Ricky retiring at this point.

What about the portion of the game that isn't played on gambles?

Sorry, but I hold up that we can't blame Jack for the team's consistently poor performance. He's tried things, they haven't worked, people bitched. He tried one solid line-up, it didn't work, people bitch. He doesn't get on the field and bat with runners in scoring position.

Doug Davis. Are you nuts! How is he ready? Dont worry, these managers have been around. The main difference between this year and last year is we lost some key guys off the field and in the clubhouse and in the bullpen. Remember, it is hard to repeat anywhere you go.

BTW, johnnie boy, do you read the papers and see that he is grumpy. I personally think he is taking it too much in stride (knowing that this team is not that good).

I am not blaming him, but I think that this is a situation where players could be losing faith in him as a manager. Sure, there have been a lot of injuries this year and it is hard to get some consistency with that. That aside, I still think his lineup changes have been ridiculous. Not because he makes changes, but because he makes the changes to try and jump start the offense - and if it works, he doesnt stay with it. He also does not seem willing to ride a hot bat either.

And I still think if he puts Conine 3rd, this team's offense gets a lot better. :D

third of people want him third, third of people want him 6/7 and the other third want him on the bench. I suppose either way McKeon goes, people want be happy. the life of a manager on a struggling team.

if I remember last year, same was said about d lee.

Doug Davis. Are you nuts! How is he ready? Dont worry, these managers have been around. The main difference between this year and last year is we lost some key guys off the field and in the clubhouse and in the bullpen. Remember, it is hard to repeat anywhere you go.

BTW, johnnie boy, do you read the papers and see that he is grumpy. I personally think he is taking it too much in stride (knowing that this team is not that good).

475437[/snapback]

If you think McKeon is taking this in stride, then you are very very underaware - to say the least. He has had his tirades in the press and plenty of closed-door meetings. I dont have a problem with that.

But when you are looking for a 4th OFer, and you REFUSE to play Nunez and call up everyone else at AAA, there is something wrong. There has also been several key managerial flaws that are trends. Like his unwillingness to ride a hot bat. I remember when Choi was hot and he used him to bunt in the 9th and we were down by 2 runs. Choi sacrificed and advanced the runner, but why not let him hit?

I am not saying McKeon will get fired and I do think he deserves to ride out this season. But I dont think he is giving much help to this team that is struggling. We arent hitting with RISP and we arent advancing runners. I think this lineup has been too top heavy for a long time now. Which means we are only going to get a couple of runs a game. If you mix up the lineup some, interspersing Choi or Conine among them, you have a greater chance to get big innings.

I doubt i am not aware. There are a bunch of us who realized this team would struggle in ST. We were lucky the first few months but realistically, this is the team we have. Take away the big 3 from last year plus fox, and it would have been the same situation.

Nunez is a 5th OF.

Always play to tie at home, therefore the bunt was in order. Funny that Bowa did the same thing in the Philly series and Mandy held them. That is ML baseball. Like with Bell in that situation, you play to get the tying runs home. If he would have hit into a DP, you would have biatched that he didnt bunt.

Baseball is about second guessing. have fun doing it!