Jason Giambi to be tested for fatal parasite?

Ramp

The Newark Star Ledger is reporting that Giambi is being tested for a potentially fatal condition sometimes caused by internal parasites and could miss the rest of the season.The newspaper reported that Giambi, who last played in Friday?s 8-7 win over the Boston Red Sox, will return to New York on Tuesday for further tests.

Giambi?s trainer, Bob Alejo, told the newspaper that Giambi is being tested for a parasite called entamoeba histolytica, which can be transmitted through water and food and get embedded in the intentistal lining, making it difficult to detect. ?He told me, ?I don?t care about hitting .220, I just want to feel better,?", Alejo told Newsday. ?He?s exhausted, and it?s not getting any better.? - From Sports Ticker

from the Newark Star-Ledger

i doubt its at a deadly stage though, almost anything that goes untreated could become deadly. most people that die from something like this is probably poor people in 3rd world countries. so i dont think its serious to that extent for giambi.

Guest Moneyball

i'm telling you guys, they are covering up a major coke problem

476385[/snapback]

how do you know this???

so what if he likes drinking coca-cola :plain

i'm telling you guys, they are covering up a major coke problem

476385[/snapback]

how do you know this???

so what if he likes drinking coca-cola :plain

476389[/snapback]

I'm his dealer...duh!

I'm just talking about his family's background of drug problems, the crazed eyeballs poking out look of his eyes, and a sudden and dramatic decline of skill (like strawberry.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.