Any Autograph Successes at PPS Lately?

FutureGM

I haven't seen anyone sign before games. I accidentally parked in the "Season Parking" section several times (getting there as the gates open) and parking right outside players entrance. Rarely do players stop now, but I've seen:

Castillo, Manzy, Willis, Mordechai (its spelled wrong I know), hmm that might be all =|

we were lucky enough to have founder's field tix for a game and got Choi, Alex, Matt Treanor, Ben Howard and Manzanillo to sign for us. Those were awesome seats and we got soooo spoiled sitting there. Wish I could sit there every game!!

I have to say Josh Beckett was so arrogant..completely ignored my son.....some of these guys think they are too good to acknowledge a fan, especially a little kid.......

We got Carl Pavano last year in Jupiter when they had the ceremony with the Trophy.

If you are not up in the front seats how do you even get close enough to get an autograph???

I have to say Josh Beckett was so arrogant..completely ignored my son.....some of these guys think they are too good to acknowledge a fan, especially a little kid.......

491449[/snapback]

Really? When I was in Philly a while back, Beckett signed for about 50 people (which took 8 or 9 minutes), including Philly fans, and when someone pushed someone out of the way, Beckett called him out saying "Hey look at all these people waiting. That's not fair."

we were lucky enough to have founder's field tix for a game and got Choi, Alex, Matt Treanor, Ben Howard and Manzanillo to sign for us. Those were awesome seats and we got soooo spoiled sitting there. Wish I could sit there every game!!

We got Carl Pavano last year in Jupiter when they had the ceremony with the Trophy.

If you are not up in the front seats how do you even get close enough to get an autograph???

491449[/snapback]

WOW! Must have been great with founder's field tix. Choi seems nice, altho Alex refused to stop several times for me when nobody was around but me and my friend. He even drove behind us for 5 minutes, we waved at him but he just ignored us =(

Beckett, I can't say, I never seen him stop or even wave at the crowd. There was about 15 or 20 people maximum at the last game waiting for autographs, slowly trickled down to 5 and none of the players would still stop, pretty sad..You can get autographs before (never seen it myself) or after a game, at the Players Entrance (Gate A?) - you'll see the team bus, just drive around the stadium til you see that and a GREEN gate in the parking lot (cheerleaders parking) and that's the place to stand for autographs, you'll see many people there.

They mostly sign after games when they are on their way out in their cars. The guys I met there said JP always stops and talks to them... The day I was there Castillo signed, Dontrelle & Perisho... manzanillo stopped and was SMILING the whole time... lol... he didn't open his window but he was waving and making faces lmao.

Yes, the Founder's Field tix were GREAT!! It was so incredible. The view, the seats, seeing the players up close...it was great. choi was very nice, I am sorry to see him go! alex was alex - you never really see him smile...but he did come and sign for us...

Are there usually alot of people waiting at Gate A? We went early

one game, but the team was already were inside.

As far as the batting practice goes....i actually called Pro Player about this because it was a little upsetting....the program said you can see the Marlins practice from 4:45 - 5:30 for a 7:05 game. So my son and I get there at 4:30 and they said no- gates don't open until 5:30. I was kinda annoyed...we always go about 45 minutes before a game so I never really paid attention what time the gates open. But when they finally open the gates the Marlins are pretty much done and the field goes to the visitors.

I have learned that you do have to be a little aggressive if u want an autograph. The players will literally walk right by and look at you....but if you call them by name...some will stop and sign.

Hopefully I am replying correctly....I am trying to get used to the quote thing......sorry if it's wrong.. :)

we were lucky enough to have founder's field tix for a game and got Choi, Alex, Matt Treanor, Ben Howard and Manzanillo to sign for us.? Those were awesome seats and we got soooo spoiled sitting there. Wish I could sit there every game!!

491449[/snapback]

WOW! Must have been great with founder's field tix. Choi seems nice, altho Alex refused to stop several times for me when nobody was around but me and my friend. He even drove behind us for 5 minutes, we waved at him but he just ignored us =(

Beckett, I can't say, I never seen him stop or even wave at the crowd. There was about 15 or 20 people maximum at the last game waiting for autographs, slowly trickled down to 5 and none of the players would still stop, pretty sad..You can get autographs before (never seen it myself) or after a game, at the Players Entrance (Gate A?) - you'll see the team bus, just drive around the stadium til you see that and a GREEN gate in the parking lot (cheerleaders parking) and that's the place to stand for autographs, you'll see many people there.

491915[/snapback]

I've gotten JP's and Willis sigs after the game..but like WAY after. My family usually chills there after the game and when we were leaving we passed by the gate where the players park their cars, and JP and Willis were still there(in their cars) and they had stopped to sign. JP's really cool!

Baseballmom, here's a picture of the Player's Entrance (it was in my roll of film I just got done)

I've stayed there after games for nearly TWO hours, or until every player has left .. and I have never seen Willis or JP sign =( I suggest going after the game, not before, as I've rarely seen players before games out there.

I've stayed there after games for nearly TWO hours, or until every player has left .. and I have never seen Willis or JP sign =(? I suggest going after the game, not before, as I've rarely seen players before games out there.

492254[/snapback]

Yup after the game is the best chance you have. But wow..2 hours?!? The time i got JP and Willis sig's i stayed there for like maybe an hour, hour and a half after the game. Oh and my uncle got JP's sig at IHOP! He was there on a sunday before a home game...he also says he's really cool.

I've stayed there after games for nearly TWO hours, or until every player has left .. and I have never seen Willis or JP sign =( I suggest going after the game, not before, as I've rarely seen players before games out there.

492254[/snapback]

Yup after the game is the best chance you have. But wow..2 hours?!? The time i got JP and Willis sig's i stayed there for like maybe an hour, hour and a half after the game. Oh and my uncle got JP's sig at IHOP! He was there on a sunday before a home game...he also says he's really cool.

492279[/snapback]

Yep, two hours, sometimes an hour...but I'm really attempting to fill a Marlins ball with their signatures (team ball) but so far...it's a dud. There was only five or so fans when several Marlins came out but none could take it to stop, there was even little kids begging them to but they could just speed off, not even wave. I would think they would stop and sign for those that were still there after two rain delays, waiting an hour, since it was mainly kids. Maybe when I go this weekend, I'll see JP or Willis, but so far, the team ball stands with just Manzy (only because I got him due to the Saturday autograph session first 200? fans) and Mordi. Some fans are just outrageous though, pushnig and shoving when the Marlin says "Get in a straight line and I will sign for all of you" - you should do that, instead, they have to insist to get theirs signed first and the Marlin player drives off (Castillo did this, Mordechi too, and another pitcher, maybe Bump, I've forgotten)

I've stayed there after games for nearly TWO hours, or until every player has left .. and I have never seen Willis or JP sign =(? I suggest going after the game, not before, as I've rarely seen players before games out there.

492254[/snapback]

492279[/snapback]

Yep, two hours, sometimes an hour...but I'm really attempting to fill a Marlins ball with their signatures (team ball) but so far...it's a dud. There was only five or so fans when several Marlins came out but none could take it to stop, there was even little kids begging them to but they could just speed off, not even wave. I would think they would stop and sign for those that were still there after two rain delays, waiting an hour, since it was mainly kids. Maybe when I go this weekend, I'll see JP or Willis, but so far, the team ball stands with just Manzy (only because I got him due to the Saturday autograph session first 200? fans) and Mordi. Some fans are just outrageous though, pushnig and shoving when the Marlin says "Get in a straight line and I will sign for all of you" - you should do that, instead, they have to insist to get theirs signed first and the Marlin player drives off (Castillo did this, Mordechi too, and another pitcher, maybe Bump, I've forgotten)

492368[/snapback]

Same here! So far I only have JP, Willis and Rosenthal. And the whole thing about fans shoving and pushing..its true...when i got JP's he was trying to get everyone to calm down..it was getting ridiculous.. so i just got it..said thanks and made my way out of the crowd.

Yeah, what game times did you go to when you got JP and Willis? I've gone to 6PM and 7-7:35 gametimes. Last game (last Wed gainst the Phillies) was too long, but still waited for an hour (until all cars were gone, actually) and got home about 1:30AM (Damn rain delays) - but I hope to go this Saturday and try my luck if all goes well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.