I have Jury Duty!

Hollyberry

I've been on several juries and enjoyed each and every one. Yes, it's a pain to miss work, but I figure it's a small price to pay, considering 90% of the world doesn't get to have the kind of judicial system we have.

I was a foreman once and I got to get up and read the verdict. Of course, that was after we ate the lunch they ordered for us during deliberation!!

I have had to be rescheduled twice due to school committments. They are more than accomodating when you explain that you don't want to be released, just rescheduled. Both times, they have accomodated the rescheduling months I suggested.

Guest marlins02

come up with some wild cause...like say that you would always vote for the death penalty...or something extreme....thats always a good way to not get selected.

502704[/snapback]

like telling them you hate people and that youre dying to convict someone for any crime no matter how petty and whether or not theyre actually guilty.

if you can get out of it with school...often you have to provide proof that you are actually a student though...then do it.

else unless you want to go through the experience of learning what its like to be on a jury....

come up with some wild cause...like say that you would always vote for the death penalty...or something extreme....thats always a good way to not get selected.

of course for me it was always nice to also be related to the DA (a few cousins from me), which always got you kicked off the jury.

502704[/snapback]

related to a DA? :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown