Destined for the playoffs

southkevin2

With only 52 games left 8 behind the Braves and 5 1/2 behind the cubs may seem like too much to overcome, but its not. In the next two months we will play chicago 6 times, san fran 3 times, san diego 3 times, and philly I believe 7 times. Everyone concerned in the wild card race can be overcome directly by us, we don't need any outside help. The Braves can't win like they did last month for 52 more games. If they do then they are amazing and deserve the damn pennant. We have a very good shot right now at seizing the wild card as well as passing up the Braves as soon as they realize that they are not the team they once were and stop acting like it. Once we make it to the playoffs in either way I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief in knowing we've never lost a series. :D

how many more sub .500 teams do we play?

504368[/snapback]

Not too many actually although that 5 game homestand vs Montreal in mid-September will probably decide our fate.

If there ever was a time to get hot, now is it. I dont think the Braves will hold up. I think they will leave the door open. But it still comes down to whether or not we can win games. We still have to beat out Philly too. Usually though, the playoffs goes to the hottest team. And if we get hot now, not only can we get into the playoffs, but we possess the tools to win, too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.