The solution to our problems...

M51

Fire Bill Robinson. First off you gotta understand this: There are 27 outs/9 innings in a ball game. I know an ump can give you a bad call or two like today but you know what you do have other chances. I am glad Lo Duca gave that freakin ump a piece of his mind but you know what this game wasnt supposed to be like this. Carpenter was out early people-normally in these occasions the opponents feast on the relievers. Sure we got Lo Duca and Mota, but there are 9 batters in a line up and the closer comes in in the 9th. Fire Bill Robinson. Now. You saw what happened to the Mets. Maybe this could also be a wakeup call for the hitters to change their approach at the plate. Swing at pitches down the middle if you see your offense is slumping. Another thing - i see Cabs is too far outside the plate. Pitchers are getting him to chase sliders outside the zone. Did Billy notice this? The point is we must do something. Now. Before we're 10 out.

He should be batting 1000 lol. I just happened to make that observation this past couple days. Only thing im trying to say is that pitchers can see that he may chase that outside slider and miss. I mean he does strike out a lot. Anyways my main point is we got the talent on this ball club we now have to turn the 'on' button on (in other words fire billy)

*104 Ks for Miggy

Fire Bill Robinson. First off you gotta understand this: There are 27 outs/9 innings in a ball game. I know an ump can give you a bad call or two like today but you know what you do have other chances. I am glad Lo Duca gave that freakin ump a piece of his mind but you know what this game wasnt supposed to be like this. Carpenter was out early people-normally in these occasions the opponents feast on the relievers. Sure we got Lo Duca and Mota, but there are 9 batters in a line up and the closer comes in in the 9th. Fire Bill Robinson. Now. You saw what happened to the Mets. Maybe this could also be a wakeup call for the hitters to change their approach at the plate. Swing at pitches down the middle if you see your offense is slumping. Another thing - i see Cabs is too far outside the plate. Pitchers are getting him to chase sliders outside the zone. Did Billy notice this? The point is we must do something. Now. Before we're 10 out.

505533[/snapback]

At his point a change couldn't hurt.

Oh we've had many. But what you wanna give up? All this losing is insane. and its not just losing - its losing when you have talent and losing when your pitchers allow 2 hits. If we dont do anything, we are in the same sh*t hole. I aint givin up on the fish but this has gotta turn now or the Cubs will have it their way. Period. And the only time we can realize if leaving him on the team was the right move will be in the offseason. :banghead

Yea fire some guy because 'it wont hurt' and because Miguel Cabrera has to have 300 RBI at this point. Fire some guy because ' it may be the spark'. How much supposed damn 'sparks' have we gotten this year?

505598[/snapback]

The team has slumped at the plate in key situations the entire season. Guys have gone through prolonged slumps with difficulty getting out of them. At some point you have to lay some blame at the feet of the hitting coach. Or why else is he even on the staff? The team, for the most part, has taken a very passive approach at the plate, and often it looks like they're trying harder to get a walk than to get a hit.

Most of them (except Alex) are trying too hard to work the count, and as a result find themselves swinging from behind at bad pitches most of the time. The amount of aggressiveness and the approach at the plate comes from the hitting coach.

We need a change in approach, and if that takes a change in hitting coach to get it, then I'm all for a change.

• 8 months later...

Fire Bill Robinson.

505533[/snapback]

It was the solution to our problems last year and it remains the solution to our problems this year.

FIRE BILL ROBINSON

bump

743508[/snapback]

WOW did my computer just turn into a time machine. This seems like something I read here last year or the year before. Don't get me wrong I think the bats can improve but the Marlins have played only 10 games. A 1-hitter in cold weather there is more to be worried about than just firing a coach. I remember people were screaming when Rosie got let go but the pitchers are kicking a$$.