Most golds in 2008?

MarlinFan10

It's seriously part of China's national mission to win the most Golds by 2008. I'm not sure they even care about the other medals. With 4 more years of intense training, and all the home stylings they'll get in sports which are judged subjectively, I think China's going to take the Gold tally by a decent margin. They also have like 1.3 billion people to work with, even if most of them are dirt poor.

US will probably take the overall medal lead still.

China won't win anything in track, baseball, basketball, swimming, soccer, etc. They only win gymnastics, shooting, archery, and diving.

529789[/snapback]

Pingpong, badminton, and tons of other non-mainstream Olympic sports are dominated by the Chinese.

I think it was a huge mistake for the IOC to award the 2008 or any Olympics for that matter to a communist country.

The USA will of course, we simply dominate the summer olympics, end of story.

529821[/snapback]

Exactly. Why bother with this poll. Sure we might not qualify for baseball and our basketball team won't win gold, but we always end up with the gold medals.

529967[/snapback]

Gold medal counts are close with China this year. Of course the U.S. will always will get the most medals overall.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.