Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Benitez "needed a day off?"

Featured Replies

In the post-game, Minervini reported that Benitez told Jack he needed a day off.

What's with that?

Yesterday, after too much time off, he looked rusty as hell.

Either something's wrong with Mando or we don't know how to keep arms ready in the bull-pen.

Something stinks.

Benitez probably realized there was a double header the next day and he wanted to be ready for some heavy playing time, I doubt there's anything more to this such as an injury.

  • Author

Double-header tomorrow or not... It's one game at a time.

We were up just 2 runs in the 9th.

THAT'S CLOSER TIME

TODAY, TODAY, TODAY!

Tomorrow takes its own turn. Maybe there'll be nothing for the Closer.

As I said, something stinks.

Double-header tomorrow or not... It's one game at a time.

We were up just 2 runs in the 9th.

THAT'S CLOSER TIME

TODAY, TODAY, TODAY!

Tomorrow takes its own turn. Maybe there'll be nothing for the Closer.

As I said, something stinks.

558378[/snapback]

Remember what happened to Gagne when he didnt get rest, it can happen to anyone, he didnt look sharp yesterday, gave up a homer and was around 91-92 MPH

  • Author

IMO, Armando's problem yesterday was because he is rusty, not because he is over-worked.

My biggest criticism of Jack is he doesn't know how to use his relievers and he doesn't know how to keep them sharp. And that includes Benitez.

Do you really want him to pitch 4 games in 3 days?

If we didn't have Mota, that'd be one thing, but we have a guy more than qualified for the job.

  • Author

Don't panic and don't speculate too much.

 

Maybe a bad case of Diahrrea? who knows. . . .

558412[/snapback]

Anyone know if, in fact, Armando is 100%?

I posted this several days ago.

Yesterday I dropped him from my 3 Fantasy teams.

I really hope I was wrong.

Don't panic and don't speculate too much.

 

Maybe a bad case of Diahrrea? who knows. . . .

558412[/snapback]

Anyone know if, in fact, Armando is 100%?

I posted this several days ago.

Yesterday I dropped him from my 3 Fantasy teams.

I really hope I was wrong.

560816[/snapback]

why wouldnt you just put him on your bench?

Looked healthy to me

I sure hope for your sakes it isn't his yearly September collapse.

561770[/snapback]

I doubt it. We're already more than halfway through the month.

I sure hope for you guys it isn't his yearly September collapse.

561770[/snapback]

 

Sure didnt look like it tonight, he was getting that fastball in at 97 and spotting it. Armando is one of the huge keys to these last few weeks.

Mando isn't the same player he was in previous years, so I'm not going to predict anything. It's just something worth considering.

To be honest with you i dont think Mando has looked good since his stint on the DL . Just my opinion , The other day when we played Expos and Mota closed out the game, had me wondering big time .

Has Mando been overworked compared to other Closer's ? my guess would be no .

Just a fun stat

 

Mando threw 9 pitches yesterday

 

One ball

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.