JD Drew

MiamiFishFan

I am almost positive that JD's one brother is already in the Braves farm system, about to make it to the bigs soon...as well as his younger brother was just drafted in the 1st round this past year.

I don't think he is going anywhere, he is good when healthy and with his family in the system he is staying...maybe a possibility of a Drew outfield in 3-4 years.

The name scott boris says he's not coming to the marlins better off going for a very underated guy in maglio ordonez and if am correct he's a free agent if we get him watch out for the marlins in 05

565004[/snapback]

I dont think Magglio Ordonez is that underrated with GMs around the league, Magglio is a stud and if the Marlins get him that would be awesome !!!!!!!!!

1. JD said he wouldn't give the Braves a hometown discount, so no way in hell we could afford him. With all due respect to Magglio, I believe Drew is the second best OF on the market behind Beltran and will bring in the big bucks.

2. The Drews are from Hihira (sp?), which is a small town outside of Valdosta, GA. I believe JD still may have a house there. He grew up a Braves fan.

3. JD is the oldest. Tim Drew is the middle brother and is in the bigs with the Braves. Tim is a RP. Stephen Drew was just drafted by the DBacks in the first round out of FSU. It is the first time three brothers were all drafted in the first round.

In response to Magglio, I hope you do get him because he is gone in Chicago. He turned down an offer around 4 years for $54-56 million.

So he wants more than $14 a year and the talk is that only the Mets can afford him.

565441[/snapback]

If we wouldn't spend near $12 mil a year or so to get Vlad, no way we'd pay above $10 mil for Magglio. He isn't close to the player Vlad is, IMO.

In response to Magglio, I hope you do get him because he is gone in Chicago.? He turned down an offer around 4 years for $54-56 million.

So he wants more than $14 a year and the talk is that only the Mets can afford him.

565441[/snapback]

If we wouldn't spend near $12 mil a year or so to get Vlad, no way we'd pay above $10 mil for Magglio. He isn't close to the player Vlad is, IMO.

565844[/snapback]

Is anyone?

True they did not pay that type of money for vlad beacuse at the time the stadium situation was uncertain but now with everything coming togehter I would not be amzed if jeffery loria opens up his wallet (odds are higher if the marlins don't make post season)and gose out and get like ordenez which I think would fit in perfectly very low profile like the rest of the marlins

Well, there are alot of eligible OFers out there this year (Beltran, Ordo?ez, Drew, among others) plus players like Beltre are also in walk years. Going to be an interesting offseason for all teams.

True they did not pay that type of money for vlad beacuse at the time the stadium situation was uncertain but now with everything coming togehter I would not be amzed if jeffery loria opens up his wallet (odds are higher if the marlins don't make post season)and gose out and get like ordenez which I think would fit in perfectly very low profile like the rest of the marlins

566441[/snapback]

If we could somehow get rid of Enc and do open up the wallet, I'd rather sign Delgado and move Conine back to the OF. I don't see it happening, though. We're going to have to pay a lot more this year to keep Lo Duca and Pavano. Same with Armando if we want to resign him.