JD Drew

NirvanaNole

Perhaps his knee is finally healthy

Nice article on him. If his knee is over his past trouble, he is BY FAR the top FA in baseball, IMO. I'd take a completely healthy JD Drew over Beltran or Magglio. He may be the greatest college baseball player of all time and has more natural talent than Beltran or Pujols if he's back to 100%, IMO. He's the only 30/30 guy in the history of college baseball, and that includes Barry Bonds.

If we have to trade Enc/Lo Duca and let Pavano go to have the money to sign Drew/Clement (or Paul Wilson), I'll take it!

My offseason priority list:

1. A major bat (Drew, Beltran, Magglio or Delgado)

2. Sign a good #3 pitcher if Pavano is too expensive. Clement, Millwood (Philly has taken him down like NY did Armando), or Paul Wilson)

3. Resign Armando

4. Resign Lo Duca to a long term contract

1. Pierre

2. Castillo

3. JD Drew

4. Cabrera

5. Lowell

6. Conine

7. Gonzo

8. Redmond/other crap

1. AJ

2. Beckett

3. Clement or Paul Wilson

4. Willis

5. Valdez/Bump/Someone else

Armando/Mota/Spoon/Fox (if healthy)/Seanez

We probably can't afford this, but I can dream. Hell, while I'm dreamin', I'll keep Lo Duca and let Redmond walk. :thumbup

you cant trade LaDuca unless u have another solid catcher,and it cant be redmond or willingham....how quick some people forget how this team was without a solid catcher...trust me the marlins FO will not make the same mistake 2 offseasons in a row...

582770[/snapback]

Maybe you forgot we aren't playing in October. A good catcher can't make up for a woeful offense.

forget Drew

imo, he isnt healthy enough for the gamble

582733[/snapback]

and magglio is? In my opinion Magglio would be more of a risk than Drew. Beltran would be out of our price range, as probably Delgado would, and Drew is an upgrade over Delgado in every way imaginable.

583015[/snapback]

I dont remember saying Magglio is

Sosa could be available. Of course, $17M is due him for next season and he has, I believe, an $18M option for '06. I bet we could make a deal with the Cubs - but they would have to pick up a lot of the paycheck and we would have to give up a big time prospect (Olsen) and maybe Enc to start the deal.

I would love to get Drew as a FA - but I dont think we are going to sign any big name FA's. It could prove to be a smart move and help re-energize the fan base.

forget Drew

582733[/snapback]

and magglio is? In my opinion Magglio would be more of a risk than Drew. Beltran would be out of our price range, as probably Delgado would, and Drew is an upgrade over Delgado in every way imaginable.

583015[/snapback]

583090[/snapback]

well, I covered all the big name free agents there. I was just saying that I feel Drew would be the best option.

Delgado is also prone to injury, and on the downslide of his career.

Jonny, if we make a move for Sosa expect to give up Josh Wilson. The Cubs have a dozen pitching prospects and very few infielders.

583419[/snapback]

Why exactly is Delgado on the downslide of his career? Because he had his first injury of the last 8 years? The guy is still a force. Come on now..

Why exactly is Delgado on the downslide of his career? Because he had his first injury of the last 8 years? The guy is still a force. Come on now..

583487[/snapback]

He'll be 32 next year in Dominican years, and making less contact every year since his breakout 1998 campaign.

Also he has suffered an injury that has made him miss time for the second time in three years.

Guest Juanky

forget Drew

582733[/snapback]

Pay Dr. Andrews a couple bones to check out his knee. If Dr. Andrews think he is over his knee injury, he's well worth the risk, IMO.

583504[/snapback]

Doesn't Andrews do arms?

forget Drew

582733[/snapback]

583015[/snapback]

583090[/snapback]

well, I covered all the big name free agents there. I was just saying that I feel Drew would be the best option.

583155[/snapback]

Delgado doesn't have the injury streak, is a better power hitter and will be undervalued in the market because of his down year, Drew however will fetch top dollar. Delgado would also be one that would consider just a one year contract which is much more feasible considering the stability of this team.

Plus power is about ten times more important than any other dimension a player brings to this team. All in all the Marlins had a solid average and obp at the end of the season the one spark that could immensely help this team is a big powerful bat.

forget Drew

582733[/snapback]

Pay Dr. Andrews a couple bones to check out his knee. If Dr. Andrews think he is over his knee injury, he's well worth the risk, IMO.

583504[/snapback]

Doesn't Andrews do arms?

583773[/snapback]

He does everything. He repairs MCL/ACL tears in knees as much as he does arms.

It'll be nice to have him just for the fact that he kills us everytime he steps up to the plate against us.

But he isn't coming. Our budget won't be much bigger next year and if they are going to make room for somebody its going to have to be a blockbuster star.

583558[/snapback]

Who qualifies as a blockbuster star?

forget Drew

582733[/snapback]

583015[/snapback]

583090[/snapback]

583155[/snapback]

Delgado doesn't have the injury streak, is a better power hitter and will be undervalued in the market because of his down year, Drew however will fetch top dollar. Delgado would also be one that would consider just a one year contract which is much more feasible considering the stability of this team.

Plus power is about ten times more important than any other dimension a player brings to this team. All in all the Marlins had a solid average and obp at the end of the season the one spark that could immensely help this team is a big powerful bat.

583958[/snapback]

I disagree that Drew will get as much money this year as an established star like Delgado.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.