Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Season Ticket Prices Skyrocket

Featured Replies

OMG. I received this Fedex package in the mail from the Marlins today with a very nice box inside, decorated with a Catchers Mitt, with all kinds of information to encourage me to renew my season tickets. It came with a nice "Catch the Fish" photo album of recent Marlins memories (although many of them are from 2003).

 

Included was a very nice book outlining all of the season ticket plans. So all was well until I took a look at the renewal prices for next year.

 

My season ticket prices have gone up 133%. :mad :

 

This is incredible. I might understand a 10 or 15% increase, but 133% in a single year....after a year when the team clearly underperformed, when the FO was months late addressing a desperate bullpen situation. I just can't see their reasoning to justify this type of exhorbitant increase.

 

They must be dreaming. They are certainly delusional if they believe this is going to increase their fan base.

 

And for this 133% increase, I get substantially reduced benefits. How does the FO expect me to react to that? Or do they really care? Or do they have a clue?

 

I had the 20 game Saturday plan. Last season I could exchange any ticket for a future Monday or Tuesday night game. This year I can exchange only 1 ticket, and I have to go to the Marlins offices during business hours to do it. I can't call or mail them in.......now that really is inconsiderate for a Palm Beach fan, isn't it? I should make a 2 hour roundtrip to exchange a single ticket....brilliant plan, brilliant customer service.

 

Last season I could purchase as many additional game tickets, in any section for season ticket holder prices. This year I can purchase only 2 more, in a seating category equal to, or less than my season tickets.

 

I don't get the photo day. I don't get the gift. Not sure about Fan Fest because it isn't mentioned.

 

Wow, and I get all this for only a 133% increase, a whopping $2 discount from walk up ticket prices!

 

Looks like the least risky move for me is to cancel my season tickets and just go to the games I feel like going. I don't have to worry about paying for games I can't attend.

 

Last year I went to 45 games.....next year...who knows, maybe 10-15. Let the FO do the math to see if they are better off.

WTF are they thinking. These ticket prices are ridiculous. I would cancel my season tickets at that price and just go to the couple of games that I might be interested in. If they don't put a good product on the field our attendance will be horrid.

The Marlins costumer service is horrendous. In the days leading up to the deadline for postseason ticket orders, I was kept on hold 2 times for over an hour (I never got through). Also, I tried emailing them over a dozen times, and each time my email was bounced back. I suppose their box was full. And just last week I emailed again to ask a few questions about next year's season tickets. I still haven't heard a response, even now that the season is over and things should have died down. They really need new personnel in that office.

Don't even get me started...

 

The Flex plan is no longer flexable....

 

That what the guy at the counter was sceaming! Those ticket guys' hands are tied I'm sure...They are not the ones running the show, only there to take the crap from season ticket holders...b/c the ones running it don't want to take the crap.

Maybe the FO plans to bring in some new talent. Adding ginormous payroll is the only reason to add to ticket prices in such a way.

I know this does not seem fair, but you guys are spoiled. Marlins have some of the lowest ticket prices in the league. What are the numbers to prove it went up 133% Not that I don't believe you but that would be an incredible amount of money

I know this does not seem fair, but you guys are spoiled. Marlins have some of the lowest ticket prices in the league. What are the numbers to prove it went up 133% Not that I don't believe you but that would be an incredible amount of money

590634[/snapback]

There's been multiple threads from more than one user about the rise in ticket prices for next season.

I know this does not seem fair, but you guys are spoiled. Marlins have some of the lowest ticket prices in the league. What are the numbers to prove it went up 133% Not that I don't believe you but that would be an incredible amount of money

590634[/snapback]

There's been multiple threads from more than one user about the rise in ticket prices for next season.

590640[/snapback]

Well obviously no one is going to be happy about paying more to see a baseball game.

I know this does not seem fair, but you guys are spoiled. Marlins have some of the lowest ticket prices in the league. What are the numbers to prove it went up 133% Not that I don't believe you but that would be an incredible amount of money

590634[/snapback]

There's been multiple threads from more than one user about the rise in ticket prices for next season.

590640[/snapback]

Well obviously no one is going to be happy about paying more to see a baseball game.

590647[/snapback]

Yep, and if people found it hard to come to games when prices were low, imagine now. Four people could go to a game for 24 bucks last season if you sat fish tank, now they will be paying 40. That's quite a difference especially if you are going to a lot of games and that doens't even include the higher priced seats where the amount will be multiplied.

 

I think the Marlins should worry more about selling out the games at the prices of last year rather than making up the money by having the hardcore fans pay more.

  • Author

I know this does not seem fair, but you guys are spoiled. Marlins have some of the lowest ticket prices in the league. What are the numbers to prove it went up 133% Not that I don't believe you but that would be an incredible amount of money

590634[/snapback]

 

Last year 2 adults, 2 kids, 20 game plan, upper deck $380

 

Next year, same seats, same plan $840.

I know this does not seem fair, but you guys are spoiled. Marlins have some of the lowest ticket prices in the league. What are the numbers to prove it went up 133% Not that I don't believe you but that would be an incredible amount of money

590634[/snapback]

 

Last year 2 adults, 2 kids, 20 game plan, upper deck $380

 

This year, same seats, same plan $840.

590654[/snapback]

:banghead How can they justify such a huge increase? I can see a small increase but over $800 is crazy.

I know this does not seem fair, but you guys are spoiled. Marlins have some of the lowest ticket prices in the league. What are the numbers to prove it went up 133% Not that I don't believe you but that would be an incredible amount of money

590634[/snapback]

There's been multiple threads from more than one user about the rise in ticket prices for next season.

590640[/snapback]

Well obviously no one is going to be happy about paying more to see a baseball game.

590647[/snapback]

Yep, and if people found it hard to come to games when prices were low, imagine now. Four people could go to a game for 24 bucks last season if you sat fish tank, now they will be paying 40. That's quite a difference especially if you are going to a lot of games and that doens't even include the higher priced seats where the amount will be multiplied.

 

I think the Marlins should worry more about selling out the games at the prices of last year rather than making up the money by having the hardcore fans pay more.

590652[/snapback]

Yeah. They basically lost my season tickets because I don't have the money to pay for them out of my own pocket anymore.

I know this does not seem fair, but you guys are spoiled. Marlins have some of the lowest ticket prices in the league. What are the numbers to prove it went up 133% Not that I don't believe you but that would be an incredible amount of money

590634[/snapback]

 

Last year 2 adults, 2 kids, 20 game plan, upper deck $380

 

Next year, same seats, same plan $840.

590654[/snapback]

What are some of the other increases?

Wow thats crazy. People are really going to be coming after the fish tank now. Is their a chart anywhere that breaks down the new prices?

 

 

I am sure that after everyone calms down, they still will be going to games. I mean look at it from the marlins side. They are losing alot of money with such low prices, so the figure that raising them will help cut the loses. I mean you cant expect for prices to be the same forever. We still are below the average and one of the lowest I am sure

We'll see what happens. They better be prepared to have ALOT of angry fans if they raise ticket prices but don't keep the team together and don't get a stadium. Winning a World Series doesn't give you free reign to do as you please.

I posted this in another thread but it acutally makes more sense to put it here.

 

Sometimes teams are not better off selling out (or having a higher capacity). For example 10,000 fans paying 10 dollars at ticket = 100,000. Then when you increase price (supply and demand here) the amount of fans should decrease. But if you have 8,000 fans paying 15 dollars a ticket = $120,000. So the team would make 20,000 dollars more by having 2,000 people less.

 

This is just an example, and I am not trying to take the marlins side, because I too like paying less for tickets.

Just out of curiosity is part of the reason that the kids seats are no longer kids seats?

 

Alright according to the average price of a ticket for the Marlins since 1998 the price has gone from $12.15 to a monster $12.78

 

That is a 5 percent increase in seven years. Pretty amazing if you ask me. That's including a World Series title too.

 

We will be the lowest in the league by around dollar next year because Montreal will now be much high seeing as they will be in DC. The third lowest team will be 3 dollars above the Marlins unless they decide to raise ticket prices by a dollar or about 10% but even then will still be lower because KC already has raised their prices for next year.

 

All you of you put up your 'realistic' lineups for next year, but how do you expect him to raise payroll without raising ticket prices. We all know how bad the stadium deal is. He can't go bankrupt here. It is a business. You say he is a millionaire he can afford it. You try losing $20 million dollars in a year then see how you feel.

 

Now I know those are individual ticket sales and a lot of you hate the new season ticket stuff. But in all seriousness. PB your family/friensds last year got to go to 20 games at $4.75 per game per person. Next year it will be $10.50 per game per person. To me that still sounds like one hell of a deal to go see a baseball game. It was just the fact ownership spoiled the fans with their low prices because no one came to the games. I understand that people liek Juanky will no longer be able to afford the games, but you cannot expect ticket prices to stay for an average of less than FIVE DOLLARS a game. You just cannot make money that. You want a good team on the field, yet complain about ticket prices. Which would you prefer?

You are 100% right. I mean if they stay with low prices, they will never be able to increase payroll. Yes maybe 133% is excessive, but overall tickets are very cheap. I mean they are the lowest in the league by far and its still cheaper to go to a game than go to a movie or other alternatives

I know this does not seem fair, but you guys are spoiled. Marlins have some of the lowest ticket prices in the league. What are the numbers to prove it went up 133% Not that I don't believe you but that would be an incredible amount of money

590634[/snapback]

 

Last year 2 adults, 2 kids, 20 game plan, upper deck $380

 

Next year, same seats, same plan $840.

590654[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

I wish I could get season tickets for $10.50 per seat! That's less than season ticket packages for Terps football and nearly as low as women's basketball ($8/seat). Women's basketball!

damn thats a pretty big leap there...but ill still go cuz im a freaking marlins fans and i know they lost like 12 mill this year or sumthing and look at what our player are getting paid cab made less then a mil this year he would be makeing millions with another team

The league average ticket price in 2003 was $19.01.

 

We're still way under that and that average will be 2 years old.

 

Like it or not, the Marlins are still one of the best bargains in baseball.

 

I paid 220 bucks to go to 6 games last year in Cincinnati & Cleveland.

The league average ticket price in 2003 was $19.01.

 

We're still way under that and that average will be 2 years old.

 

Like it or not, the Marlins are still one of the best bargains in baseball.

 

I paid 220 bucks to go to 6 games last year in Cincinnati & Cleveland.

590734[/snapback]

Exactly everyone here doesnt realize this...if youre a Marlins you will go.

You know what?

 

Yes, our ticket prices are low. Too bad, they shouldn't have started them so low. They might still be low but this is a big increase in price and people have the right to be shocked/pissed. 133%, are you kidding me?

 

Anyone know what the season/regular prices for the infield box seats are gonna be?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.