Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Season Ticket Prices Skyrocket

Featured Replies

Now I know those are individual ticket sales and a lot of you hate the new season ticket stuff. But in all seriousness. PB your family/friensds last year got to go to 20 games at $4.75 per game per person. Next year it will be $10.50 per game per person. To me that still sounds like one hell of a deal to go see a baseball game. It was just the fact ownership spoiled the fans with their low prices because no one came to the games. I understand that people liek Juanky will no longer be able to afford the games, but you cannot expect ticket prices to stay for an average of less than FIVE DOLLARS a game. You just cannot make money that. You want a good team on the field, yet complain about ticket prices. Which would you prefer?

590709[/snapback]

 

Great point. $4.75 per ticket for Major League Baseball is so low that it is almost funny. College and Minor League teams around this area charge more than that(some significantly more). I know that whenever any team raises prices there is outrage, but the fact remains that the Marlins prices are still very cheap when compared to other entertainment options.

Two things:

 

1. Nothing about the ticket prices discussion addresses the issue of the disorganization and poor customer relations in the ticket office.

 

2. ProPlayer is huge. Increase the price of choice seats if you want. But if you can get an ass in a nosebleed seat for $4 you're still ahead of the game. When's the last time you went to a game and didn't buy a coke and something to eat? Some of that money goes to Huizenga, I know. But the Marlins get a good portion of that too. In other words, I need a more sophisticated economic analysis (i.e., something more than: "we have the cheapest seats in the league") before I'm believing that any of this makes sense.

I have to say I have mixed feelings on this.

 

I can understand why PB feels the way he does and I also can see that from the organization's perspective why they can't keep selling kid's seats at $2.00 each as a season ticket. PB also has to travel quite a ways which with high gas prices certainly impacts the overall price of a day at PPS. One can only imagine how much of an increase Wayne has in store for us for parking.

 

My tickets will be up over 100% next season, from $9.50 for both of us to $20+ per game. Overall, excluding parking, that's almost $500 MORE than last season.

 

I had requested a partial refund from the $1,500 I ponied up for playoff seats leaving enough to reserve my seats for $2005. I think I'll wait to see what shakes out (player personnel-wise) this winter before I make a decision on whether to renew but the chances are I'll be there for 41 games next season.

You all know already that the money won't be use to bring in more talent.The prices increase because they need to raise some cash for their sahre of the stadium money.There are some reports that indicate that the Marlins might even consider a lower payroll than this past season.

 

I'm 99.9% sure that what Marlins front office is thinking.

The league average ticket price in 2003 was $19.01.

 

We're still way under that and that average will be 2 years old.

 

Like it or not, the Marlins are still one of the best bargains in baseball.

 

I paid 220 bucks to go to 6 games last year in Cincinnati & Cleveland.

590734[/snapback]

Exactly everyone here doesnt realize this...if youre a Marlins you will go.

590736[/snapback]

I don't think any of the season ticket holders won't go to games anymore. I'll still go to games for sure, just can't be going to all of them anymore.

We'll see what happens. They better be prepared to have ALOT of angry fans if they raise ticket prices but don't keep the team together and don't get a stadium. Winning a World Series doesn't give you free reign to do as you please.

590695[/snapback]

 

I agree completely....this was the 1st yr I actually bought the 41 game flex plan and split it with coworker....worked well for me- I went to like 15 games and enjoyed them all. But from what I have heard the flex plan, the way it was offered this past year, will not be avail next season. Between that and the prices going up....not renewing, will go see the few that I can afford or want to see.

 

I hope the team is kept intact or improved for them to warrant this type of move. They are still trying to build a larger fan base, hopefully leading to a new stadium. But this can backfire if they ship out Lowell, Pavs, Benitez, LoDuca, Mota, etc. The fans are very fickle here in S FL and will only support a winnner/competitive team. If the attendance drops due to a lack of a competitive team on the field, then the spiral effect is the stadium will lose its political backing as well as fan support. Then we all know what happens next, anybody remember 1998-2000?, or worse, they threaten to move the team to Vegas?

 

I can understand the argument that our prices are still the lower of MLB offerings, however the fan base in SFL is not that loyal, since they are typically from somewhere else. Myself, I am a native Floridian and will support this team continually as I have from 1995 when I first developed an interest in the team. 2 WS in less than a 10 yr history is a phenomenal feat that any city would envy, but jacking prices up because of our recent success is not a very good reason considering the above reasons cited.

 

I hope they know what they are doing!!! I do not want to lose this team, even if I can only afford to catch every game on TV and 10 in person.

I have the 20 game Saturday package for Club Level B which I have had since 2002. The reson I went back to being a season ticket holder (I was a season ticketholder from 1993 - 1999) was that the price for myself and my family was reasonable. Unfortunately paying almost $2000.00 for three seats is just way too much money for myself. I will go back to going to about 10 games a year.

 

I don't blame the FO but I don't think that people in South Florida have this kind of money to spend on Baseball games considering how much the cost of living has increased here in South Florida.

 

 

I love baseball and the Marlins but the economic stability of my family comes first.

I don't get the photo day. I don't get the gift. Not sure about Fan Fest because it isn't mentioned.

 

590222[/snapback]

 

 

They are not having the photo day next year? That sucks.

From the Sun Sentinel

 

Infield box seats, for example, are increasing from $21.50 apiece to $24 for renewing season ticket-holders. They will cost $25 for new season ticket-holders; $31 for individual games and $34 for "premier" games, which include Opening Day, and Friday and Saturday night games.

hate to say it, but i warned y'all...

 

anyways, my seats this season 656 per person (Club A's, 41- games, senior priced)

 

next season 1107 per person...same seats...

Opening Day, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday games will also have higher prices than regular games. Welcome to the "modern" MLB ticket system. The Devil Rays system is a pain because it is price based on opponent and goes from like $12 to $19 one night to another without much warning.

I would look for plenty of ticket promotions this 2005 season. The sponsors are buying into this team and when that happens, this is the result. Season Ticket holders have their options....pay or downgrade. Now, those who go to individual games, you better hope some sponsors get some promotions out there for you.

I've said this before multiple times:

 

I'm a fullseason ticket holder, and I am glad to be getting seats ten rows back for the price I am. HOWEVER, I am not happy to hear that Loria doesn't know what he's doing with the pay-roll, who he's keeping, who he's signing, or if we have a stadium. Yes, New York, Boston, LA, St. Louis, San Fran all have higher prices than we do, but all of those teams are committed to making baseball decisions about their franchise; they never cry poor when it comes to a FA or keeping one of their own.

 

I have absolutely no problem paying an increase, but they really f***ed this one up big time. Last year, they could have bumped the prices (possibly even more than they're doing this offseason) kept Pudge and possibly Lee (or signed Vladdy), won the NL East, and then bumped the prices again this offseason, added maybe Delgado, won the WS, and then bumped prices again, and no one would complain. That's how you make a killing with a professional sports team, blind fans with excitement over winning, charge them an arm and a leg, and everyone's happy. Don't jack the prices when an all too sobering season leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

 

 

Here's my chief complaint: you don't do a drastic price hike to your bread and butter (season ticket holders) when you have a mediocre season that fell way short of expectations. Plus, you have bar none the worst customer support for season ticket holders in the world, and in the off chance you speak to someone, they do little to help. Aside from being guaranteed playoff seats, there really is no reason to be a Marlin season ticket holder (there, I said it).

 

I know why they're doing this though: they have so much playoff money sitting around from the deposits from the full-season and partial season ticket holders that they already have them "locked in" for next year, kind of like being "pot committed" in poker. I hope the Marlins have a f***ing good offseason ahead of them or so help me God, I'm not renewing for 2006, too late for 2005, because if they take $500 of my money that isn't refundable, I might as well just go all in for next year.

I hope this team can find plenty of corporations and rich people to buy those season tickets. This may also be a move to capitalize on the HEAT's successes at selling out, the Panthers being locked out, and the Dolphins being terrible. Less competition for the sports dollar compared to just 1 year ago.

I hope this team can find plenty of corporations and rich people to buy those season tickets. This may also be a move to capitalize on the HEAT's successes at selling out, the Panthers being locked out, and the Dolphins being terrible. Less competition for the sports dollar compared to just 1 year ago.

591027[/snapback]

 

You kidding? The Dolphins will always draw down here, the Heat selling out is worse for the Marlins because a Heat led Shaq team will generate more interest than anything we can do this offseason (unless we trade for Sosa), and the Panthers were never our competition anyway, totally different fans.

 

We're a franchise that needs an identity, if we had kept Pudge, he'd be our identity. It was Beckett's team to take, but he didn't step up.

 

That's why I hope we trade for Sosa, he's so marketeable and recognizeable...the Shaq of the MLB.

 

Plus, corporations don't buy season tickets in a football stadium with so many luxury boxes.

Don't blame ownership until we see what happens this offseason. If they slash payroll and put a minor league team out there then you may have an argument, but you have no idea what is going to happen.

 

And don't give me any crap about raising ticket prices after last year because everyone would be acting the same. "Man ownership has let the winning go to their head. They are trying to suck us dry by taking advantage of winning the World Series."

 

Kansas City raised individual ticket prices by over 10% this year. They had an awesome season!!! It's a freakin business. They need to make money somehow.

 

Search and you will find out that every other organization does the same thing except they are more expenisve or they are similar in price. Plus I do not see where all of you are so angry about not getting benefits. Do you want a pat of the back for having season tickets. Sure it would be nice to have a 'photo day' but whatever. Look at other teams. Basically all the 20 game packages get are the opportunity for playoff tickets and special parking, but nothing can be done about that just because thats Wayne territory. The full season guys do get merchanidse discounts but there really is not that much more.

 

Now I agree that they could have done a much better job than to jack the prices up as much as they did, but flat out it needed to be done. Marlins got 1.7 million in attendance this year and that was with missing 3 games so probably could have been closer to 1.8. That is pretty good, but when thousands and thousands of those are sold at a price of $5 they cannot make money.

 

Sorry this kind of topic enrages me especially for how good Florida fans have it. What is going to happen when the new stadium is built and you have to pay even more?

Don't blame ownership until we see what happens this offseason. If they slash payroll and put a minor league team out there then you may have an argument, but you have no idea what is going to happen.

 

And don't give me any crap about raising ticket prices after last year because everyone would be acting the same. "Man ownership has let the winning go to their head. They are trying to suck us dry by taking advantage of winning the World Series."

 

Kansas City raised individual ticket prices by over 10% this year. They had an awesome season!!! It's a freakin business. They need to make money somehow.

 

Search and you will find out that every other organization does the same thing except they are more expenisve or they are similar in price. Plus I do not see where all of you are so angry about not getting benefits. Do you want a pat of the back for having season tickets. Sure it would be nice to have a 'photo day' but whatever. Look at other teams. Basically all the 20 game packages get are the opportunity for playoff tickets and special parking, but nothing can be done about that just because thats Wayne territory. The full season guys do get merchanidse discounts but there really is not that much more.

 

Now I agree that they could have done a much better job than to jack the prices up as much as they did, but flat out it needed to be done. Marlins got 1.7 million in attendance this? year and that was with missing 3 games so probably could have been closer to 1.8. That is pretty good, but when thousands and thousands of those are sold at a price of $5 they cannot make money.

 

Sorry this kind of topic enrages me especially for how good Florida fans have it. What is going to happen when the new stadium is built and you have to pay even more?

591038[/snapback]

 

Go to any other team and see what they do for season ticket holders. In Boston, they send autographed stuff to season ticket holders (like my cousins) based on the amount of time they've been with the team.

 

In New York, Yankees season ticket holders get passes to the pinstripe pub which is the stadium club. They also get autograph sessions with the players and they actually get information from the team and discounts at club stores and at the stadium on merchandise.

 

I've said that I don't think any of us have a problem paying more if it means we make more baseball decisions and less economic decisions...all the teams that charge an arm and a leg also try to make themselves better, even if it doesn't always work. Show me what I'm paying for (read: a splash on the FA market) and I have no problem.

 

And, we already know what they're doing thiss offseason. Raising prices, doing nothing to raise payroll, and crying about the weather. I'm really sick of this repeated cycle, by February, we'll want Loria out of town like they did in Montreal. I hope I eat crow on that one, but I can feel it coming...

loria hasn't had the best last couple months. this is getting ready to betray us you could qoute me on it. get ready so flo.

loria hasn't had the best last couple months. this is getting ready to betray us you could qoute me on it. get ready so flo.

591046[/snapback]

every other team has had higher ticket prices...even Montreal! The guy has to make some money back somehow.

Don't blame ownership until we see what happens this offseason. If they slash payroll and put a minor league team out there then you may have an argument, but you have no idea what is going to happen.

 

And don't give me any crap about raising ticket prices after last year because everyone would be acting the same. "Man ownership has let the winning go to their head. They are trying to suck us dry by taking advantage of winning the World Series."

 

Kansas City raised individual ticket prices by over 10% this year. They had an awesome season!!! It's a freakin business. They need to make money somehow.

 

Search and you will find out that every other organization does the same thing except they are more expenisve or they are similar in price. Plus I do not see where all of you are so angry about not getting benefits. Do you want a pat of the back for having season tickets. Sure it would be nice to have a 'photo day' but whatever. Look at other teams. Basically all the 20 game packages get are the opportunity for playoff tickets and special parking, but nothing can be done about that just because thats Wayne territory. The full season guys do get merchanidse discounts but there really is not that much more.

 

Now I agree that they could have done a much better job than to jack the prices up as much as they did, but flat out it needed to be done. Marlins got 1.7 million in attendance this? year and that was with missing 3 games so probably could have been closer to 1.8. That is pretty good, but when thousands and thousands of those are sold at a price of $5 they cannot make money.

 

Sorry this kind of topic enrages me especially for how good Florida fans have it. What is going to happen when the new stadium is built and you have to pay even more?

591038[/snapback]

 

Go to any other team and see what they do for season ticket holders. In Boston, they send autographed stuff to season ticket holders (like my cousins) based on the amount of time they've been with the team.

 

In New York, Yankees season ticket holders get passes to the pinstripe pub which is the stadium club. They also get autograph sessions with the players and they actually get information from the team and discounts at club stores and at the stadium on merchandise.

 

I've said that I don't think any of us have a problem paying more if it means we make more baseball decisions and less economic decisions...all the teams that charge an arm and a leg also try to make themselves better, even if it doesn't always work. Show me what I'm paying for (read: a splash on the FA market) and I have no problem.

 

And, we already know what they're doing thiss offseason. Raising prices, doing nothing to raise payroll, and crying about the weather. I'm really sick of this repeated cycle, by February, we'll want Loria out of town like they did in Montreal. I hope I eat crow on that one, but I can feel it coming...

591040[/snapback]

 

I did go to about 6 or 7 other teams and looked at the benefits and unless you are a full season holder you do not recieve most of the 'benefits'. Basically what they are is that you get a primo parking spot and option for playoff tickets. There are others like 10% discount at store shop and things like that. Besides at the beginning of this thread PB said he received an album on 'memories'.

You mentioned Boston and Yankees. These people pay significantly more than Marlin fans do. You want the benefits then lets have their prices. That sounds ok?

 

How do you know this is not on baseball decisions and less economic decisions. For all you know Loria is planning on raising the payroll to $70 million. Have you seen published reports saying that Loria or Samson have been quoted they will not be raising payroll? It sounds to me like you expect this team to be the Yankees and Red Sox and just buy everyone. We are a small market team. We cannot afford real big name free agents, but building a team intelligently to win might work like 2003. They built that team intelligently. Now trading for Sammy Sosa and signing Brad Radke to a 10 million dollar deal does not do much for the team. You have to spend it wisely not blindly throw out money at the 'biggest names' out there.

 

Well no matter what you are going to get your wish because this is do or die offseason for the Marlins when it comes to the stadium issue so I guess no matter what you get your wish to end the cycle.

 

I don't see where your hate for Loria is coming from. He has done nothing but good so far. He brought Pudge, they made an attempt to sign Roger Clemens, two winning seasons. Only raising ticket prices once. Raising payroll each of the years he has been here. This year he will probably raise payroll a small amount more. I know he has a bad history with the Expos, but until this man turns his back on the city and says we're moving to Las Vegas, I will believe in him.

Can someone post single game ticket prices for all sections?

 

$12 for the Fish Tank is about the lines of other teams.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.