Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lowell IS NOT GOING NOWHERE!

Featured Replies

Yes!

 

 

Good job Marlins!

 

 

I like Mikey. He is very good. And with a cute face too!

 

 

Mikey Lowell hits that ball really hard and does a great job out there!

All I asked for was ideas as to how exactly the Marlins would get through the offseason and keep Lowell without cutting away the rest of the line-up, which seems like a reasonable and relevant question given the fact that Beinfest just committed to doing that very thing.

 

They WILL have to cut away some of the rest of the lineup. You know that very well and I don't even know why you'd ask a question you know the answer to. If necessary, I would be very willing to give up Castillo and Derek Lee in order to keep Lowell. If paying a huge salary to one player in Mike Lowell sounds ridiculous, then paying that same number to a leadoff hitter even worse. I love the guy, but if some other team wants to pay Luis Castillo 7 million, be my guest. Derek Lee's production would be missed, but adding the bat that I think Cabrera will develop into will help balance the loss, not to mention whoever takes over at 1B.

 

Any other questions?

All I asked for was ideas as to how exactly the Marlins would get through the offseason and keep Lowell without cutting away the rest of the line-up, which seems like a reasonable and relevant question given the fact that Beinfest just committed to doing that very thing.

 

They WILL have to cut away some of the rest of the lineup. You know that very well and I don't even know why you'd ask a question you know the answer to. If necessary, I would be very willing to give up Castillo and Derek Lee in order to keep Lowell. If paying a huge salary to one player in Mike Lowell sounds ridiculous, then paying that same number to a leadoff hitter even worse. I love the guy, but if some other team wants to pay Luis Castillo 7 million, be my guest. Derek Lee's production would be missed, but adding the bat that I think Cabrera will develop into will help balance the loss, not to mention whoever takes over at 1B.

 

Any other questions? Personally, I believe Castillo's value has plateaued. His hip surgery has clearly cost him a couple of steps on the basepaths. He's got that perpetual limp. Isee the Marlins keeping him, signing him to a two year deal in the range of $10-11 million (that's $5.5 mil per year).

 

The odd man out is Derrick Lee. No way he's going to get $6-7 mil next year from the Marlins. If he makes past July 31st I'll be surprised.

get rid of Lee and Burnett and Lowell and Castillo and A Gon and MIGGY and Dontrelle and Beckett and Castro and Piere and Juan E.....

 

this whole team is a joke id rather see the old days of Pat Rapp and David Weathers and Chris Hammond and Chuky Carr and Greg Colbran and Jeff Conine.....

 

ya... those guys were cheap.....

 

incase nobody understand WTF i am tryin to say is NOOOOOOOO KEEP LEE who cares about the money they will begin making money as the team keeps winning attendence is rising slowly.....

 

Monday 11 grand Today 13 Grand and tomorrow 20 grand + keep winning, get the Buzz out Fans will come..... Fans coming means money... money means keeping Lowell, Pudge,castillo, and Lee

 

Lee is worth the money he should get 6.5 MIL is the kinda doe a 30-30 Man deserves....

 

stop with all this $$$$$ crap

if I can get past his wigger Ibonics on the internet (you know someones from the ghetto when they are always on the internet)....I got friends who live in what one would call "the hood"...they use library computers and school computers...thats it. Anyway, I think he's saying that if we keep filling up the stands, maybe we can sign everyone.

god damn it.....

 

what is all the f***ing ? ing me and crap..... by da way i talk or where i live im not white im Rican mixed with Indian...

 

i live in sunset strip in sunrise come down by CityPark i have no problem meeting any you... Proving what i dunno...

 

 

but my hood aint no joke..... and no where have i said i was some kinda THUG..

 

but down here we talk in words such as dawg, cuz, cat, homez,...

 

as 4 people in the hood getting a PC... we got a Family PC 5 years ago... it was old and upgraded all 4 500 dollarz from my old man.....

 

you make it sound as if a person from da hood cant afford a PC... all my Boyz if Play stations and dream casts.. and Tight dress codes... clearly we aint that poor but we get by.....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.