July 1, 200323 yr All you can come up with is that I'm a fool???? I'll be positive...Just give me a plausible exit strategy for this one???
July 1, 200323 yr awwwwwwww cape dawg... i missed the f***ing Interveiw when i turned it on he was like thanks Admin !!!!! i missed the whole dman thing.... can you Fill me in???
July 1, 200323 yr Admin said they made this announcement to stop the rumors and put the fans and Lowell at ease. He also said he wants to see if Phelps will solidify the bullpen, if not, then Admin will look into getting some more bullpen help.
July 1, 200323 yr He also said he wants to see if Phelps will solidify the bullpen, if not, then Admin will look into getting some more bullpen help. I'm glad he said that because I really think we could use some bullpen help. I think Phelps will help, but it's not going to solve the problem. I think we should talk to Milwaukee they've got a couple of good relievers that they're trying to get rid of.
July 1, 200323 yr WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thats all i needed to hear...... aight some1 say Boreland isnt coming back till AUG..... so till than we need to do something after all star break Pheips,ALAN,Spoonz, LOOP 2 STIFFS Tejera and Almanza im readdy to DEPART with these STIFFZ and get the BP help we need..... by the way Scott Sanders isnt on the 40 MAN ROSTER.... how do you bring some1 up if they arent on the roster, you purchase there contract from A ball and call em up right??????
July 1, 200323 yr Author I heard Mota was a player the Dodgers wanted to included in any deal for Lowell .....maybe he could be had for someone. :whistle
July 1, 200323 yr WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thats all i needed to hear...... aight some1 say Boreland isnt coming back till AUG..... so till than we need to do something after all star break Pheips,ALAN,Spoonz, LOOP 2 STIFFS Tejera and Almanza im readdy to DEPART with these STIFFZ and get the BP help we need..... by the way Scott Sanders isnt on the 40 MAN ROSTER.... how do you bring some1 up if they arent on the roster, you purchase there contract from A ball and call em up right?????? I wouldn't get too excited about borland, he wasn't with the team for too long. He did good in his few outings, but he wasn't with us long enough to prove he is reliable, and also he might not be the same pitcher as before he went on the DL.
July 1, 200323 yr All you can come up with is that I'm a fool???? I'll be positive...Just give me a plausible exit strategy for this one??? Ok, I'll leave it alone. The fact that no one answered is indictment enough that fantasyland is good enough for now. I'm glad you are all happy, and it should infuse some excitment into the rest of the season. Here's to a great 2nd half and hopefully a playoff run. I just sorry that you all will be so disappointed come this winter when today is just a hazy memory. This will be a train wreck, and you all have duct taped yourself to the front of it.
July 1, 200323 yr All you can come up with is that I'm a fool???? I'll be positive...Just give me a plausible exit strategy for this one??? Ok, I'll leave it alone. The fact that no one answered is indictment enough that fantasyland is good enough for now. I'm glad you are all happy, and it should infuse some excitment into the rest of the season. Here's to a great 2nd half and hopefully a playoff run. I just sorry that you all will be so disappointed come this winter when today is just a hazy memory. This will be a train wreck, and you all have duct taped yourself to the front of it. You want an exit strategy to what...your bad mouthing of something before it happened? How about an apology and admittance of your incorrectness?
July 1, 200323 yr You are all sheep. Remember to never question your teams' front office, they are great (at least for now). You are all like kids in a candy store, all excited when you get to eat all the candy you want and then can't understand why you are sick to your stomach an hour later. Go to as many games as you can for the rest of the year, it's the last time you'll see anything resembling competitive baseball in Miami for years to come. And Ed Canes...I'm glad you are well versed in what's going on in the minors, but you won't need to after this season. All the minor league players you'd ever want to track will be convieniently playing right here at Ives Dairy and the Pike.
July 1, 200323 yr You are all sheep. Remember to never question your teams' front office, they are great (at least for now). You are all like kids in a candy store, all excited when you get to eat all the candy you want and then can't understand why you are sick to your stomach an hour later. Go to as many games as you can for the rest of the year, it's the last time you'll see anything resembling competitive baseball in Miami for years to come. And Ed Canes...I'm glad you are well versed in what's going on in the minors, but you won't need to after this season. All the minor league players you'd ever want to track will be convieniently playing right here at Ives Dairy and the Pike. I may be a sheep *BBBAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH But you're a :jackass I'd rather be the sheep than the :jackass
July 1, 200323 yr You are all sheep. Remember to never question your teams' front office, they are great (at least for now). You are all like kids in a candy store, all excited when you get to eat all the candy you want and then can't understand why you are sick to your stomach an hour later. Go to as many games as you can for the rest of the year, it's the last time you'll see anything resembling competitive baseball in Miami for years to come. And Ed Canes...I'm glad you are well versed in what's going on in the minors, but you won't need to after this season. All the minor league players you'd ever want to track will be convieniently playing right here at Ives Dairy and the Pike. I may be a sheep *BBBAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH But you're a :jackass I'd rather be the sheep than the :jackass Is that a chiuaua?
July 1, 200323 yr yea! WWCN is airing the Marlins tonight! Yea! We can't get the PAX games, but at least I don't have to be near the computer all the time in order to listen to the game! Yea!
July 1, 200323 yr Whatever Capefish. You talk alot but you never say anything. All I asked for was ideas as to how exactly the Marlins would get through the offseason and keep Lowell without cutting away the rest of the line-up, which seems like a reasonable and relevant question given the fact that Beinfest just committed to doing that very thing. Instead you throw insults around, which is a great indicator of your overall intellect, or lack thereof. I wasn't down here for the 97' firesale, but now I see why is was so easy for Huzeinga to throw an estate sale right in front of your eyes... And alot of you are going down the same path again, never questioning the rationale' behind decisions, just happy to get what you want at the moment and ignoring the consequences. You are the very same people that will be posting scathing comments about what a mistake this was in 10 months when 60 percent of the line-up is gone and they are 10 games under .500......AGAIN. Anyway, continue on, lemmings. I won't say another negative word about Lowell for the rest of the year. I hope he does great, and I hope the Fish make a magnificent run at the wild card. But just because I think it's a mistake doesn't make me any less of a fan than you, nor does it mean that I want them to win any less than you do. Enjoy your respite!
July 1, 200323 yr You are all sheep. Remember to never question your teams' front office, they are great (at least for now). You are all like kids in a candy store, all excited when you get to eat all the candy you want and then can't understand why you are sick to your stomach an hour later. Go to as many games as you can for the rest of the year, it's the last time you'll see anything resembling competitive baseball in Miami for years to come. And Ed Canes...I'm glad you are well versed in what's going on in the minors, but you won't need to after this season. All the minor league players you'd ever want to track will be convieniently playing right here at Ives Dairy and the Pike. You know Fish Fillet I agree that we have to look to the future also, but if we keep on taking this road we're going to be getting rid of our star players year after year one by one, and we can't keep on doing this every year or we will get nowhere. I'm glad to see that we have our opportunity to win and the front office is taking this opportunity. It might not be the best for the future, but at least they are proving to the people of South Florida that they are committed to winning.
July 1, 200323 yr Fillet makes a good point, but we have to keep somebody....would you rather keep Lee + Luis or Lowell? Who knows what the FO will do with payroll?
July 1, 200323 yr You know Fish Fillet I agree that we have to look to the future also, but if we keep on taking this road we're going to be getting rid of our star players year after year one by one, and we can't keep on doing this every year or we will get nowhere You are right, but we dont' have to continue down this road. This whole debacle could of been avoided if Loria and Beinfest (the same two saviors, as it now appears) would of actually signed players like Lowell, Castillo, Penny etc to contracts which were longer than one year. This is why teams like the A's remain competitive with low payroll. They lock good, young players up in long-term deals then watch then turn into great players. We develop players like Lowell in our system, let them get a few years under their belt on the MLB level with us...then we can't afford them when they have a break out year because they aren't under a long-term contract. But then again, Beinfest and Loria can do no worng, apperently. Dunno, it just seems to me that the FO just delayed an inevitable negative event that is of their own doing in the first place.
July 1, 200323 yr All I asked for was ideas as to how exactly the Marlins would get through the offseason and keep Lowell without cutting away the rest of the line-up, which seems like a reasonable and relevant question given the fact that Beinfest just committed to doing that very thing. The Fish don't have to cut away the rest of the lineup. I think the general consensus is that there are 3 players whose future with the team is in doubt: Penny, Lee, and Castillo. Penny has pitched rather poorly this season and has not really shown any improvement over the last few seasons. Plus he seems to be a hothead with a bad attitude. The Marlins would probably be better off without him in the long run. That leaves Castillo and Lee. Both have been fairly productive over the years (although some would probably beg to differ on Lee), but neither is anywhere near as valuable as Lowell. Even though I feel Lee has been a solid hitter for us, we do have some promising 1B prospects (Stokes and Gonzalez in particular) in the minors who might be able to take over fairly soon. Castillo will probably be more difficult to replace (I'm not too high on Hooper). But then you have to remember that we'll be getting good prospects if we do deal these players. Castillo and Lee are guys that can be replaced (and Penny is a guy that should be replaced). Lowell, on the other hand, is a special player. I generally hate the Marlins front office, but keeping Lowell is a step in the right direction.
July 1, 200323 yr I agree the 1-year contracts are a big mistake, and they are going to have a tough time correcting their mistakes, but I think keeping Lowell is a step in the right direction. With the core of Beckett, Willis, Pierre, Lowell, Cabs, and hopefully A.J. it is a core that we can build around and with these guys I don't think the future looks too dark.
July 2, 200323 yr There are many possibilities for the future. A)Lowell will get signed to a long term deal. Beinfest hinted to that in the broadcast tonight. (what's the most his salary could go up?? $2-3 million?) B)If we deal Lee (who most say isn't that productive for us the first half) during the winter we free up some money. (Lee makes $4,250,000 this season, there's Lowell's money ) C)Louis is probably as good as gone, hopefully we can get someone to replace him that is good and cheaper. (If Louis comes down on his $$$ demands, he maybe signed long term too, I believe I heard Admin say this too) D) There is a microscopic possibility that Loria may bump up the payroll for next season, but I wouldn't count on it. E)Hollandsworth's salary will be gone. ($1,500,000 this season) F)V. Nunez's salary may be gone too. (Around $1.4 million this season I believe) Now Fillet will say that Pudge's salary must be paid. That is a $1 million addition over this year's payroll. -Pudge gets $3 million this year right? Next year he gets $4 million. So thats $1 million raise. -"Hampton's salary will be paid by the Braves for the next three years: $11 million in 2003, $12 million in 2004, $12.5 million in 2005. But Atlanta won't have to pay him a penny in the final three seasons of the contract in a unique agreement. He gets $13.5 million in 2006, $14.5 million in 2007 and $15 million in 2008, but the Marlins will pay $38 million of that total, and the Rockies will pay the other $5 million." So we don't pay him this, next, or the season after.
July 2, 200323 yr Yes Finally no more Articles about him getting traded! I hope we sign him for a long term deal because he is an outstanding player....
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.