Tim Spooneybarger: Overworked, and on the DL for who knows how long

Armando Almanza: Struggling greatly, one of our worst guys, needs a demotion

Kevin Olsen: Out for some time after getting pegged in the head

Toby Borland: Injured

Tommy Phelps: Better than most of the others

Michael Tejera: Just asking for a demotion to AAA

Allen Levrault: Could be worse, but struggles like the rest

Nate Bump: A rookie, too early to tell

Vladimir Nunez: Has spent most of the season in AAA, after a horrendous start to the season.

Blaine Neal: Although he's not on the team right now, wasn't much good with us earlier...

As you can see, we need some help. Feel free to discuss the bullpen, and maybe propose some deals that could give our starters a hand.

I would seriously consider a trade for Ugeth Urbina. Below is his profile from ESPN:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scouting Report

2002 Season

Early in 2002, Ugueth Urbina seemingly couldn't get his fastball beyond the upper-80s. This was especially troubling considering that the Yankees had cancelled a trade for him the previous summer based on the results of a physical. Urbina soon put those concerns to rest, though, recapturing his old heater while reeling off 20 consecutive scoreless appearances in May and June. He remained strong through the end of the year and ended up having one of his better seasons.

Pitching

With good command of his hard fastball and slider, Urbina is as tough on righthanded hitters as any short reliever in the game. Lefthanded hitters can hurt him, though, as he has trouble throwing his slider for strikes against them, mixing in changeups and splitters instead. He used to hurt himself with bases on balls on occasion, but last year he issued only 15 unintentional walks, by far his lowest total for a full season. That's a sign that he's starting to make the adjustments veteran pitchers must make as they begin to lose their dominance, although he still throws hard enough to work up in the zone effectively.

Defense

Urbina hasn't committed an error in five years, but has handled only 29 chances over that period�a natural result of his tendency to yield mostly strikeouts and flyballs. Baserunners always have run at will against him, and they stole off him less frequently last year only because he allowed fewer runners to reach first than he had in the past.

2003 Outlook

A free agent, Urbina's solid season eased concerns about his health. Having put in two quality seasons since twice undergoing elbow surgery in 2000, he's gone a long way toward reestablishing himself as one of the game's better short relievers.

-------------------------------------------------------------

He can be used as a setup man and provide a little run-for-your-money competition for Looper, so he remembers from time to time to throw strikes... And he can also flourish in a team that has been shaping as heavily Venezuelan-based :rolleyes: The only problem might be his salary, I think he is making like 4.5 million. Any thoughts?

I read somewhere that the Rangers were willing to pay Urbinas salary if they got a good pitching prospect in return.

I would send them Justin Wayne with my eyes closed. But I think Loria is in love with him :blink: I have no idea as to the causes for that romantic infatuation, the guy didn't show me anything when he pitched... deal him!

I think slowly but surely, Loria is falling out of love with Justin Wayne. His infatuation with him had to do with the ridiculous bonus he gave him as a first round pick. If the Rangers want him, by all means - TAKE HIM!!!!!

yeah!!! I would wrap him in gift paper and everything... we need bullpen help. we can't have the starter throwing 140 pitches everynight, that's insane!!! :banghead

Guest Juanky

Almanza is the Anti-Reliever, the only thing he is good for is giving up leads. Levrault was solid and I like him after he came his major league game (the 20 inning game) and threw 4 shutout innings to keep us alive. Ugy would be a huge beyond belief boost, it would actually bring our pen to respectable status. And if Powell comes over (which is one of the stipulations to the deal) maybe he'll return to the form that got him the W in Game 7. Hes had a rough year but has been lights out as of late.

Almanza is the Anti-Reliever, the only thing he is good for is giving up leads. Levrault was solid and I like him after he came his major league game (the 20 inning game) and threw 4 shutout innings to keep us alive. Ugy would be a huge beyond belief boost, it would actually bring our pen to respectable status. And if Powell comes over (which is one of the stipulations to the deal) maybe he'll return to the form that got him the W in Game 7. Hes had a rough year but has been lights out as of late.

Almanza doesn't relieve anything that's true. He either walks everyone, or serves a game winning HR, or SOs all the batters. There is no in-between with this guy and you never know what is going to happen with him. If the right celestial alignment exists, he will strike out the side, if not... well, there goes the game. TRADE HIM!!! I have been saying the same for years...

ALMANZA :chair

Guest Juanky

I think both McKeon and Rosenthal have lost confidence in Levrault. Opponents are batting well over .300 against him. I think I heard Tommy Hutton say on TV that Levraults new role is LONG relief.

Tommy Hutton + Len Casper = Two Bumbling Idiots

I could be a better announcer then them in my sleep.

man f*** that...... those 2 are nice to listen to..... i onhly get to listen to them when the games are on reg tv.....

i listen to booge and shomby.....

as 4 the cat that said we should get uggy WTF is Ramp with that $$$$$$ staus UGGY aint cheap!!!!!!

Uggy cost money 4 being aSTIFF witha high ERA!!!!!

FUX UGGY