So if we dont get Delgado

Ramp

If that 4/45 is true I honestly don't see how he can sign elsewhere.

661491[/snapback]

Who offered him 4/45? Us?

I'd check the Delgado thread but it's just impossible to find specific information.

661506[/snapback]

It's from a Spanish newspaper, it was reported on a rumor and posted in the Delgado thread, with us offering the 4 years 45 mil.

why would a Spanish paper have extra info that the local newspapers aren't privy to? All this bluster, from the NY papers, ESPN, our papers is not worth the paper it's printed on IMO...

661574[/snapback]

Not sure, but from what the person who posted the paper said they have been right in the past.

Consider the other sources: The NY media can't get the figure right, ESPN just reports what NY says so they're confused too, and the Miami media can't fathom a big superstar being signed by the Marlins so they are releasing articles on whatever negative they can find and ignoring the situation for the most part. I'm not trusting this paper, but I wouldn't be shocked or anything.

why would a Spanish paper have extra info that the local newspapers aren't privy to?? All this bluster, from the NY papers, ESPN, our papers is not worth the paper it's printed on IMO...

661574[/snapback]

Not sure, but from what the person who posted the paper said they have been right in the past.

Consider the other sources: The NY media can't get the figure right, ESPN just reports what NY says so they're confused too, and the Miami media can't fathom a big superstar being signed by the Marlins so they are releasing articles on whatever negative they can find and ignoring the situation for the most part. I'm not trusting this paper, but I wouldn't be shocked or anything.

661581[/snapback]

Just to clarify, the source is Primera Hora, a Puerto Rican daily owned and operated by El Nuevo Dia -- arguably the largest local news source in PR. I'm sure they have sources close to the Delgado camp in PR.

What the article said is that there are RUMORS about a 4/45 offer from the Fish, but nothing's confirmed.

why would a Spanish paper have extra info that the local newspapers aren't privy to? All this bluster, from the NY papers, ESPN, our papers is not worth the paper it's printed on IMO...

661574[/snapback]

The newspaper that reported it is from San Juan, PR, so it's a good bet that they have inside information on Delgado that many of the newspapers in the US don't have.

http://www.primerahora.com/noticia.asp?gui...7E99201C6037B10

wow. this thread went from what do you think about mientkewtiz to do you think we really offered him 4/45? Anyway, I really don't think we should go after anyone else if we don't land delgado. I think we should keep the money if we don't sign him and use it for mid-season transactions.

661882[/snapback]

It's not as if there is a demand for Doug M. or anything... it wouldn't take much to acquire him. And honestly I think he'd be an awesome pick-up.

wow. this thread went from what do you think about mientkewtiz to do you think we really offered him 4/45? Anyway, I really don't think we should go after anyone else if we don't land delgado. I think we should keep the money if we don't sign him and use it for mid-season transactions.

661882[/snapback]

It's not as if there is a demand for Doug M. or anything... it wouldn't take much to acquire him. And honestly I think he'd be an awesome pick-up.

661889[/snapback]

i'm sure stokes for doug straight up would get it done

probably not even that much

661882[/snapback]

I agree.. If we can't get Delgado, we keep the team as is. Conine's defense at 1st is above average, and I think Encarnacion will have a good year if healthy...

The only move I make if I'm the Marlins is signing Delgado, cause he's that type of player... No Delgado, then nothing.

i'm sure stokes for doug straight up would get it done

Stokes for Mientkiewicz? I certainly hope not.

662494[/snapback]

as you can see, i don't think highly of stokes

but i'm sure that would get it done

no reason to have him around if we're making a commitment to this guy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.